ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Watching the neighbors

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#61 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:22 am

Will this fraud of a team we pull for find a second wind now that the shadow that they play in is out of the playoffs?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#62 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:24 am

Can't even enjoy the Lakers' meltdown because our sorry-ass team is going to outchoke them tomorrow.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#63 » by NickP » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:49 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Will this fraud of a team we pull for find a second wind now that the shadow that they play in is out of the playoffs?

Nope. Dallas is going to continue to make adjustments and win this tomorrow. I'd love to eat plenty crow but I have zero faith in this team's ability to win 1, let alone 2.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#64 » by NickP » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:50 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Can't even enjoy the Lakers' meltdown because our sorry-ass team is going to outchoke them tomorrow.

Sad but true.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#65 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:43 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Can't even enjoy the Lakers' meltdown because our sorry-ass team is going to outchoke them tomorrow.

Yup. At least me and you were correct about the team, meanwhile plenty of others have had to eat plenty of crow.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#66 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:44 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Will this fraud of a team we pull for find a second wind now that the shadow that they play in is out of the playoffs?

We're not winning 2 games against them. Even if we win this next one, just not happening. The coaching is the biggest factor.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#67 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:59 am

RingColluder wrote:

We're not winning 2 games against them. Even if we win this next one, just not happening. The coaching is the biggest factor.
We've outscored Dallas by 14 pts in the series. Every game has been close except for our game 4 blowout win. The team is plenty capable of winning tomorrow and Sunday. They just need to not mentally fall apart, and hit shots.

Guarding Luka even just a little bit would help too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#68 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:36 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

We've outscored Dallas by 14 pts in the series. Every game has been close except for our game 4 blowout win. The team is plenty capable of winning tomorrow and Sunday. They just need to not mentally fall apart, and hit shots.

The only one capable of guarding Luka is Kawhi, but if he spends all day on him this board starts screaming he didn't score 40 pts a game too and made miraculous shots over double teams when the players get into foul trouble
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#69 » by NippySudz » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:21 am

I hated the fact that we tanked instead of facing the music and face the lakers(even though that wasn't even clear at the time)

Now the lakers are eliminated. We could have faced Portland and got the suns into the second round.

But instead we got the harder bracket, Dallas and if we win, Utah.

Way to go Clipper Staff. Whoever made that decision...
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#70 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:49 pm

RingColluder wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

The only one capable of guarding Luka is Kawhi, but if he spends all day on him this board starts screaming he didn't score 40 pts a game too and made miraculous shots over double teams when the players get into foul trouble
I'd rather he do his best to lock down Luka and sacrifice some offensive stats. Slow down Luka and I'm not remotely as concerned about the rest of the Mavs.

MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#71 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:43 am

Seeing LeBron quit on his team and walk to locker room with over 5 minutes left felt soo good. :D
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 981

Post#72 » by clipperlover » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:34 pm

Maybe we should re-label this thread "The Neighbors (and all their fans) Watching Us".
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#73 » by Kelphus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:36 pm

LA Times today- first time in 15 years both LA teams were in playoffs... and Clippers went further.
Awesome.
I hope to feel even better about a month from now, after I wave my championship hat, t-shirt, mug, scarf, and jacket at every fLaker fan I see!
Larry! Larry! (can we get a Joe Gatto clip here?)
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#74 » by NippySudz » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:01 pm

clipperlover wrote:Maybe we should re-label this thread "The Neighbors (and all their fans) Watching Us".
There are people who have their rough crafts typed up waiting to blast the clippers. I hope it stays a rough draft. I'll never get the hate the clippers receive but it is what it is.

I think part of it is media parroting. The media suggest people hate the clippers so they hate the clippers which is stupid. Kobe who is arguably the greatest laker never hated the clippers. I really don't get the hate. Just because they share the same city? Lame. You'd think the clippers were the Celtics the way some laker fans that hate the franchise. This hate wasn't as present either when the Lakers weren't good for a stretch. It's odd to see.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,725

Post#75 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:38 pm

NippySudz wrote:
clipperlover wrote:Maybe we should re-label this thread "The Neighbors (and all their fans) Watching Us".
There are people who have their rough crafts typed up waiting to blast the clippers. I hope it stays a rough draft. I'll never get the hate the clippers receive but it is what it is.

I think part of it is media parroting. The media suggest people hate the clippers so they hate the clippers which is stupid. Kobe who is arguably the greatest laker never hated the clippers. I really don't get the hate. Just because they share the same city? Lame. You'd think the clippers were the Celtics the way some laker fans that hate the franchise. This hate wasn't as present either when the Lakers weren't good for a stretch. It's odd to see.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

I feel for the most part, the worse the Lakers do the more hate is directed by Laker fans at the Clippers. When your team wins a title, nothing else matters. But when the cross-town rival does better than you, then everyone's repeating the same old stuff about how many rings from yesteryear, etc. I'll take a title this year over 5 a decade ago or whatever.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#76 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:33 am

Kelphus wrote:LA Times today- first time in 15 years both LA teams were in playoffs... and Clippers went further.
Awesome.
I hope to feel even better about a month from now, after I wave my championship hat, t-shirt, mug, scarf, and jacket at every fLaker fan I see!
Larry! Larry! (can we get a Joe Gatto clip here?)

Spoiler:
The loser vulture comments at the top of this thread are HILARIOUS!!

:rofl2:

Edit: Baiting, pictures like this are trolling and baiting, please refrain from that -og15
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#77 » by Kelphus » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:35 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10030461

For those of us who hate thr fLakers. Enjoy
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#78 » by Dynamix » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:08 pm

As someone that has watched more Lakers games this season than I care to admit (just as a little pick-me-up), the losses haven't been nearly as enjoyable when LeBron wasn't on the court. Hope he can return for this last stretch of the season. Winning the scoring title (I believe he needs 3 more games to be eligible) while missing the play-in would be quite an achievement.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,725

Post#79 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:45 pm

Kelphus wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10030461

2 or 3 (or more) bad lower-profile deals can really swing a team…OTOH we’ve had a lot of low profile deals go our way, which is exactly the reason why we we’ve played near .500 ball all year without both our stars. And I’m still scratching my head wondering how we got both Norman and RoCo in that trade.

We are only this year giving up the first of 3 1st rounders to OKC, but with our roster I don’t think we’re going to bottom out before the last pick goes. And I don’t think we have to worry about the pick swaps either.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#80 » by nickhx2 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:15 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Kelphus wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10030461

2 or 3 (or more) bad lower-profile deals can really swing a team…OTOH we’ve had a lot of low profile deals go our way, which is exactly the reason why we we’ve played near .500 ball all year without both our stars. And I’m still scratching my head wondering how we got both Norman and RoCo in that trade.

We are only this year giving up the first of 3 1st rounders to OKC, but with our roster I don’t think we’re going to bottom out before the last pick goes. And I don’t think we have to worry about the pick swaps either.

i mean westbrook was obviously bad but i didn't realize the extent of some of these other moves.

i swear i was reading it and thinking these were doc-level moves the entire time. certainly not sorry for them, but just goes to show you how badly a front office can screw up a good thing.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers