Post#1681 » by stormi » Tue May 10, 2022 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter

A manager getting backed for the first time in Chelsea history

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#1682 » by stormi » Wed May 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Chelsea struggling to score against 10 men Leeds.

Ousmane Dembélé (on a free) and Leroy Sane can't get here soon enough.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#1683 » by SgtPepper » Sat May 14, 2022 5:50 pm

Lukaku for Ziyech. The floor of this Chelsea squad's forwards is so bad, and are contracted till at least 2025. No Werner and no Havertz in play for whatever reason as well.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#1684 » by Baseline81 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1685 » by HIF » Mon May 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol:

Tielemans has won his only one Stormi/
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
stormi
General Manager

Post#1686 » by stormi » Mon May 16, 2022 4:04 pm

stormi
General Manager

Post#1687 » by stormi » Mon May 16, 2022 4:06 pm

I feel so so bad for Tuchel man.

This guy is in a cup final starting Mount, Chalobah, Kova on one anchel, Lukaku and almost pulled it out.

Christian Pulisic, Reece James, Marcos Alonso and Jorginho Frello put on masterclasses. They deserved some glory.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1688 » by stormi » Mon May 16, 2022 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Boehly Ball <3

Maybe it's better he saw us lose and not win so the urgency can ramp up a bit.

Links to Ivan Perišić are very interesting. Especially if we lose Alonso to Barça. Him and Kounde can come in and desperately help this side.

Lukaku has to be sold. We win the final with Kai out there. Kante is old and hobbled. Mount is a squad player. Ziyech is mediocre.

I'd usher in the new era around: Havertz, James, Chilwell, Pulisic and Kovacic. We need a real playmaking #10, Ø and Kulusevski run circles around Mason Mount.

A creative player is needed very badly. Hazard is staying at RM sadly. Dybala is leaving Juve, we have to be in on that. Dembele too potentially on a free this summer. Gems like Leão at Milan. We're so close, attacking wise with Kai and Pulisic we just need to stop buying "strikers" when chance creation is the larger issue at hand.

Should be a fun summer.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1689 » by stormi » Mon May 16, 2022 4:35 pm

Tears in my eyes.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#1690 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:25 am

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boehly Ball <3

Links to Ivan Perišić are very interesting. Especially if we lose Alonso to Barça. Him and Kounde can come in and desperately help this side.

Lukaku has to be sold. We win the final with Kai out there. Kante is old and hobbled. Mount is a squad player. Ziyech is mediocre.

I'd usher in the new era around: Havertz, James, Chilwell, Pulisic and Kovacic. We need a real playmaking #10, Ø and Kulusevski run circles around Mason Mount.

A creative player is needed very badly. Hazard is staying at RM sadly. Dybala is leaving Juve, we have to be in on that. Dembele too potentially on a free this summer. Gems like Leão at Milan. We're so close, attacking wise with Kai and Pulisic we just need to stop buying "strikers" when chance creation is the larger issue at hand.

Should be a fun summer.

Funny you say that you'd keep Pulisic, It seems like a few Chelsea fans want to cash in on him. (I would too) I have a feeling Chelsea will be in play for Raphinha from Leeds he'd be good for Chelsea I think. You definitely need wide players/creative players in general, you are not that far behind form Liverpool and City, they just have more going forward for them. Nkunku would be a decent for you guys even though he's more of a CF.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1691 » by HIF » Tue May 17, 2022 8:37 am

They'll just splash the cash as they always have, hit and miss but it doesn't matter because they spend so much.

Their forwards are all overrated (and were overpriced), their midfield is young and decent but when did young and decent win a title, you need some experienced heads to actually win it, their defence has managed to hold them together and those players are off - except for Bench Ilwell of course.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1692 » by stormi » Tue May 17, 2022 3:28 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boehly Ball <3

Should be a fun summer.

Funny you say that you'd keep Pulisic, It seems like a few Chelsea fans want to cash in on him. (I would too) I have a feeling Chelsea will be in play for Raphinha from Leeds he'd be good for Chelsea I think. You definitely need wide players/creative players in general, you are not that far behind form Liverpool and City, they just have more going forward for them. Nkunku would be a decent for you guys even though he's more of a CF.

Whatever the vocal Chelsea fans want to do, you need to do the opposite to be a successful club.

They won't be happy until the team is Declan Rice, Mason Mount, Romelu Lukaku, Connor Gallagher and the rest of the Cobham academy.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1693 » by stormi » Tue May 17, 2022 3:30 pm

HIF wrote:They'll just splash the cash as they always have, hit and miss but it doesn't matter because they spend so much.

Their forwards are all overrated (and were overpriced), their midfield is young and decent but when did young and decent win a title, you need some experienced heads to actually win it, their defence has managed to hold them together and those players are off - except for Bench Ilwell of course.

You bricked every point you tried to make.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1694 » by HIF » Tue May 17, 2022 4:39 pm

stormi wrote:
HIF wrote:They'll just splash the cash as they always have, hit and miss but it doesn't matter because they spend so much.

Danny Drinkwater may as well have played in midfield.

stormi
General Manager

Post#1695 » by stormi » Tue May 17, 2022 5:07 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:

Danny Drinkwater may as well have played in midfield.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#1696 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:23 pm

stormi wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boehly Ball <3

Should be a fun summer.

Whatever the vocal Chelsea fans want to do, you need to do the opposite to be a successful club.

They won't be happy until the team is Declan Rice, Mason Mount, Romelu Lukaku, Connor Gallagher and the rest of the Cobham academy.

While I get that fans are normally in fantasy land, I do think cashing on Pulisic should be considered. Unless he’s fine with rotating but I feel like there’s better wingers around that Chelsea should be getting. Gallagher would be a good player for you guys, he’s really talented has bags of energy too.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1697 » by stormi » Tue May 17, 2022 5:29 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:While I get that fans are normally in fantasy land, I do think cashing on Pulisic should be considered. Unless he’s fine with rotating but I feel like there’s better wingers around that Chelsea should be getting. Gallagher would be a good player for you guys, he’s really talented has bags of energy too.

Pulisic has been a major contributor to everything Chelsea has achieved these past few years.

Do you remember the absurd run he went on to get Chelsea CL football under Lampard? He was looking like a Hazard clone.

His CL winning campaign was phenomenal as well:

Assist against Atletico Madrid
Was the most fouled player (11) in the history of Champions League and won MOTM Vs Porto in QF
Goals and Assist against Real Madrid in Semis

He is young and can be inconsistent and has battled injuries, but on form he's shown flashes of being a complete world class attacker. Besides Havertz and pre-achilles Hudson-Odoi I haven't see that from any other Chelsea forward.

Lukaku, Mount, Ziyech, Werner are all bang average.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1698 » by stormi » Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pm

FA cup final:

(23 year old) Christian Pulisic: 41 touches, 1/3 shots on target, 2 chances created, and 3/4 dribbles completed.

(25 year old) Luis Diaz: 42 touches, 1/5 shots on target, 0 chances created, and 0/1 dribbles completed.

Only one praised though sadly.
HIF
RealGM

Post#1699 » by HIF » Tue May 17, 2022 8:48 pm

stormi wrote:FA cup final:

(23 year old) Christian Pulisic: 41 touches, 1/3 shots on target, 2 chances created, and 3/4 dribbles completed.

(25 year old) Luis Diaz: 42 touches, 1/5 shots on target, 0 chances created, and 0/1 dribbles completed.

Did you win?

stormi
General Manager

Post#1700 » by stormi » Tue May 17, 2022 9:06 pm

HIF wrote:
stormi wrote:FA cup final:

Did you win?

Jamie Vardy! The floor is yours for a rebuttal!

Return to The General Soccer Board