Post#141 » by danfantastk32 » Sun May 8, 2022 5:10 pm

Well F###

I think that's that. Bummer
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#142 » by danfantastk32 » Tue May 10, 2022 3:43 pm

So if I'm Klopp, I rest the bulk of my starters today.

Perhaps it's a little defeatist....but our schedule has been absolutely insane for about 5 weeks. The league is all but done. MC have to lose, and lose kinda big, as they are now 4 over us on GD. Now those who know me know I'd take winning the league over the other three trophies combined. So it is with a heavy heart that I concede the Prem is lost. So do the right thing: rest the guys! give VVD, TAA, Robertson, Mane, Salah and a few others a break. The FA final is Saturday. Guys could use a full weeks rest.

Milner, Konate, Origi, Keata, Jota, Minamino, Matip, I think Firmino is back. Bring Hendo, and Diaz on as subs. I don't know, you got Curtis Jones, you've got OX (I think), Joe Gomez. Not our A-squad....but you've certainly got talent there. And FRESH LEGS! Give them this game. Sitting at 11th, you hop Villa have little to play for. Either way. If they lose/draw....then the prem is truly and fully over, and nobody can waste another second on it. If they win.....well ok, your still technically in. But now guys got a full week off for the first time in forever. And they will be charged and ready for Saturday.

My .02's worth.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#143 » by Baseline81 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#144 » by danfantastk32 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:10 pm

Nicely done today. Chelsea seem to give us fits, but we stood strong.

Alright.....3 more games....3 more wins. All we can do. Let the chips fall where they may.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#145 » by SgtPepper » Sun May 15, 2022 5:58 pm

Any theories on how the tactical matchups for the CL final may play out?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#146 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:58 am

Is this finally how Stevie-G wins a prem title for Liverpool?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#147 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:01 am

It was a weird squad out there today. They started out pretty shaky, but got it together. I am a Minamino fan. Happy for him that he scored a crucial goal. Would like to see him get a few more starts, if he's even here next season. I'd be wanting to get playing time, if I were him.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#148 » by danfantastk32 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Well....can't say I'm anything but bummed. Stevie G......So close, and yet so far once again. Props to MC. Another dominant year. You gotta bring it if your gonna beat them. They are champs.

Onto the CL final. Would be a decent consolation prize. I guess you'd still have to call the season a massive success if they were to win that.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#149 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Well....can't say I'm anything but bummed. Stevie G......So close, and yet so far once again. Props to MC. Another dominant year. You gotta bring it if your gonna beat them. They are champs.

Onto the CL final. Would be a decent consolation prize. I guess you'd still have to call the season a massive success if they were to win that.

Man...I think today officially broke me. :(

Will I watch the Final next week? Idk...I need a few days.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#150 » by danfantastk32 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Well....can't say I'm anything but bummed. Stevie G......So close, and yet so far once again. Props to MC. Another dominant year. You gotta bring it if your gonna beat them. They are champs.

Will I watch the Final next week? Idk...I need a few days. :wink:

Yeah, I hear it. I'm getting pretty f^^ tired of 2nd place. I'm also over all things Manchester. Both teams need to go piss off for a decade or so.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#151 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 22, 2022 6:14 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Yeah, I hear it. I'm getting pretty f^^ tired of 2nd place. I'm also over all things Manchester. Both teams need to go piss off for a decade or so.

Meanwhile City are adding Haaland this Summer. Anyways...People don't want to hear us whine. :wink:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#152 » by danfantastk32 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Man...I think today officially broke me. :(

Meanwhile City are adding Haaland this Summer. Anyways...People don't want to hear us whine. :wink:

Yeah, there are prob a million other fans rolling their eyes at the Liverpool fan bitching about parity.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#153 » by Baseline81 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:36 pm

What irks me is how the handball against Everton has ultimately done Liverpool in. Note Everton later received an apology from the head of the professional referees body Mike Riley.

From that match onward, City played in 11 matches -- winning 8 and drawing 3. It was always going to be a tough ask, more so when dodgy decisions go against you.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#154 » by HIF » Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am

Baseline81 wrote:What irks me is how the handball against Everton has ultimately done Liverpool in. Note Everton later received an apology from the head of the professional referees body Mike Riley.

From that match onward, City played in 11 matches -- winning 8 and drawing 3. It was always going to be a tough ask, more so when dodgy decisions go against you.

Liverpool fans complaining about a call not going their way is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. You get a lot of biased calls in your favour. As a fan of neither Liverpool nor Manchester, I'd like to say that you are both great teams and you are both streets ahead of everyone else in the EPL. you should be proud of what you have done at Liverpool this year but you are NOT as good as Man City and they have deserved the premier league again.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#155 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 23, 2022 9:11 am

HIF wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:What irks me is how the handball against Everton has ultimately done Liverpool in. Note Everton later received an apology from the head of the professional referees body Mike Riley.

Liverpool fans complaining about a call not going their way is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. You get a lot of biased calls in your favour. As a fan of neither Liverpool nor Manchester, I'd like to say that you are both great teams and you are both streets ahead of everyone else in the EPL. you should be proud of what you have done at Liverpool this year but you are NOT as good as Man City and they have deserved the premier league again.

No. See you're wrong. City have an asterisk by their name. I've made up my mind & I'm sticking to it. :D
HIF
RealGM

Post#156 » by HIF » Mon May 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:

No. See you're wrong. City have an asterisk by their name. I've made up my mind & I'm sticking to it. :D

:D

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#157 » by danfantastk32 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:23 pm

HIF wrote:

I'll go with you there on that one. I don't know that we get "a lot of biased calls in your favor" as you put it....but every team wins some, and loses some. I remember about 15 years ago that stupid damn beach ball on the pitch that deflected the ball for a goal against us (we lost the game). As furious as I was, it's 1 goal in a 38-game season. If that's why we lost the league.....then so be it.
HIF
RealGM

Post#158 » by HIF » Mon May 23, 2022 4:03 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
HIF wrote:

I'll go with you there on that one. I don't know that we get "a lot of biased calls in your favor" as you put it....but every team wins some, and loses some. I remember about 15 years ago that stupid damn beach ball on the pitch that deflected the ball for a goal against us (we lost the game). As furious as I was, it's 1 goal in a 38-game season. If that's why we lost the league.....then so be it.

This is the Dan I admire. :wink:

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#159 » by danfantastk32 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:47 pm

Well our season fizzled out. Never mind the quad....we ended up with nothing of note. Some will call the FA cup a bid deal, but eh.

Too bad. We had a really good team this year. We fought really hard, and managed to take everything to the end. In 15-20 years, when we're tacked down as the "2022 FA cup winners" it really won't tell the story at all. But then maybe there isn't much of a story to tell. We captured a couple miner cups, and fell short of all the big stuff.

Oh well....I don't really care about the CL too much. Last week still stings 10x what just happened. But a CL title prob woulda given the guys some "Credentials" for their season. I don't think this team is remembered in 5-10 years. They don't really have anything to show for it, hardware-wise.

I'll remember though. It ended pretty sh**, but it was a fun season. Alot of good footy in there. Hopefully next year we win the Prem and have a little more to show for all the work put in.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#160 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 28, 2022 9:50 pm

**** way to end the season. Courtois won that game. Got to tip your cap to him. He was the man of the match.

I like TAA. But I thought he was pretty putrid today.

Return to The General Soccer Board