ImageImageImageImageImage

Pascal earns All NBA 3rd team honors

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: Pascal earns All NBA 3rd team honors 

Post#101 » by Madhouse » Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 pm

pagal wrote:Looking forward to next season when hopefully him and Scottie will be unleashed after trash is taken out over the summer.

I was looking forward to your post :lol: :lol: :lol:
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,233

Post#102 » by vulture » Wed May 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Other than Jokic and jimmy Butler, are there better stories than Pascal and Fred?
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,723

Post#103 » by OakleyDokely » Wed May 25, 2022 4:22 pm

vulture wrote:Other than Jokic and jimmy Butler, are there better stories than Pascal and Fred?

scottie roy
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#104 » by Madhouse » Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
vulture wrote:Other than Jokic and jimmy Butler, are there better stories than Pascal and Fred?

scottie roy

is that even that great of a story?

elite recruit and 4th pick wins ROY sounds pretty standard
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,775

Post#105 » by Badonkadonk » Wed May 25, 2022 4:25 pm

So happy for Pascal. Recapturing his form is arguably harder than reaching those heights originally, and you can detect that in his interviews yesterday where he highlights how hard he worked to get back to this level.

Always trust the character of a man, the way he interacts with people and the way they respond. On that last point, it's been amazing watching Scottie respect Pascal both in the last few months of the season and yesterday, in IG etc. He's clearly been influenced positively.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,233

Post#106 » by vulture » Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:

scottie roy

he was a top 4 pick, but I get what you are saying.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#107 » by OakleyDokely » Wed May 25, 2022 4:28 pm

Madhouse wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

scottie roy

Before the season, his odds of winning ROY were pretty long. He was the 'zero level scorer' who was the 'project'
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#108 » by Madhouse » Wed May 25, 2022 4:32 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
scottie roy

Before the season, his odds of winning ROY were pretty long. He was the 'zero level scorer' who was the 'project'

13/1, I did bet on it but it was still 5th best odds in the class. A surprise but not a real shocker especially given the playing time.

FVV and Siakam given what they accomplished are more seen as the overachievers and surprises.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,906

Post#109 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed May 25, 2022 4:32 pm

wonderful. the biggest thing i have seen that has changed in pascal's game is his willingness - hunger even - to draw contact. he used to use his agility to try to avoid it and it often resulted in missed bunnies and no foul call. now he goes hard right into traffic and gets the and-1s all the time. fearless and yet super under control. next year he will be even better. 2 years from now we will be champions again. :)
KO7
Head Coach
And1: 9,894

Post#110 » by KO7 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:33 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
scottie roy

I think Madhouse is referring to the aspect of Scottie always being an elite prospect throughout his high school years, and then becoming a lottery pick.

In contrast, Pascal picked up the sport fairly late, and was picked very late in the first round.
HiJiNX wrote:Ngl I think I could pull Savanna Hamilton.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,922

Post#111 » by Los_29 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:34 pm

Happy to see our guys get recognized.
Scottie winning ROTY, Pascal getting Third Team All-NBA, Fred getting an All-Star appearance and narrowly missing out on ALL-NBA defense.

Lots to be excited about.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#112 » by OakleyDokely » Wed May 25, 2022 4:35 pm

KO7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

I think Madhouse is referring to the aspect of Scottie always being an elite prospect throughout his high school years, and then becoming a lottery pick.

In contrast, Pascal picked up the sport fairly late, and was picked very late in the first round.

For sure, in that respect Pascal is the bigger surprise.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 723

Post#113 » by TGM » Wed May 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Is it just me. Or others also notice that Pascal point differential to the next person Trae Young was by a big margin. 110 versus 63. So he literally scraped by. Wouldn't be surprised there were like 10 other players within 10 votes of Pascal and could have easily gone the other way.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,797

Post#114 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:40 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:Pascal and Scottie will be our Robinson and Duncan.

I thought you said Duncan Robinson for a sec

I had the order as Duncan and Robinson first, but then edited the post for clarity lol.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,258

Post#115 » by pingpongrac » Wed May 25, 2022 5:07 pm

Scottie4Bro wrote:Well deserved for our best player. Fred got the top 24 award and fake hype for being the best player on the Raptors for a bit but Siakam brings it home and reminds everyone who the real star of the Raptors is and is recognized as a top 15 player.

Siakam is definitely deserving of All-NBA (I think he could have even made 2nd team because he played significantly more games than Durant for a better team and he was just as good as DeRozan), but I don't know why fans have to put down Raptors to prop up another. FVV was by far our best player in the first half of the season and he was the main reason we didn't fall way down in the standings before Siakam started to really put things together in 2022. FVV deserved all of the praise that he was getting up to the ASG and Siakam deserves even more praise for being a borderline top 10 player for the last 50 games and having a very good series against the Sixers. Why can't we just leave it at that?
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 778

Post#116 » by mulamutti » Wed May 25, 2022 5:48 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:Trade ihm while his value is high.

for whom? the only players in the league you would consider trading for are basically the rest of the all-nba team selections. And not even all of them. This is not an intelligent take.
mulamutti
Pro Prospect

Post#117 » by mulamutti » Wed May 25, 2022 5:52 pm

TGM wrote:Is it just me. Or others also notice that Pascal point differential to the next person Trae Young was by a big margin. 110 versus 63. So he literally scraped by. Wouldn't be surprised there were like 10 other players within 10 votes of Pascal and could have easily gone the other way.

Sure, but only because the voters are ignorant. Pascal has arguably an equal impact to Trae, and higher than Derozan. Derozan, as usual, is a regular season performer, and his team didn't even do better than the raptors. He only got there due to some hot streaks and buzzer beaters. Also he doesn't play elite defense like Siakam. So if anything you could argue for Pascal in 2nd team all-nba, moreso than being off the list entirely. I mean they picked lamelo ball over Pascal for the all-star game. Hornets barely made it to the play-in. It being close, is more to do with the voters than Pascal.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,657

Post#118 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 25, 2022 5:53 pm

mulamutti wrote:

for whom? the only players in the league you would consider trading for are basically the rest of the all-nba team selections. And not even all of them. This is not an intelligent take.

We dream of having all nba players just about to enter their prime (28 yrs old) and people still not happy and want to trade him for picks

went through this already last year lol

80% of the board no idea whats going on
mulamutti
Pro Prospect

Post#119 » by mulamutti » Wed May 25, 2022 6:00 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
mulamutti wrote:

We dream of having all nba players just about to enter their prime (28 yrs old) and people still not happy and want to trade him for picks

ya exactly. its disappointing how many of the fans turn on our own players, especially our championship contributors. I mean he was the second highest scorer and nailed the championship winning shot. At least some loyalty for that!

Even with Barnes, as promising as he is, doesn't automatically mean he will be all-nba at the same pace Pascal did. So giving Scottie the keys as so many here suggest, when we already have an all-nba young stud, is silly. they can collectively have the key with Pascal leading us to victories and playoff positioning, like he did this year.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,657

Post#120 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 25, 2022 6:09 pm

mulamutti wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
mulamutti wrote:

ya exactly. its disappointing how many of the fans turn on our own players, especially our championship contributors. I mean he was the second highest scorer and nailed the championship winning shot. At least some loyalty for that!

Even with Barnes, as promising as he is, doesn't automatically mean he will be all-nba at the same pace Pascal did. So giving Scottie the keys as so many here suggest, when we already have an all-nba young stud, is silly. they can collectively have the key with Pascal leading us to victories and playoff positioning, like he did this year.

yep

also siakam is same age when KD signed with Golden State. Just look at the run KD had from 28-33. It was phenomenal (Aside from his tough injury).

People get all hot for players that are 18-22 and I get all of that. In a perfect world we would want all players to be scottie's age with his talent level but that doesn't happen in the NBA - very rarely does that result in a championship.

Our core guys are full of young players (Scottie-Precious-Trent) with younger vets (OG-Fred-Siakam). We are in a great position. Just have to keep adding to it and growing our group.

Return to Toronto Raptors