ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Finals Game 2: GSW vs BOS

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,239

NBA Finals Game 2: GSW vs BOS 

Post#1 » by Impuniti » Sat Jun 4, 2022 9:45 pm

Ok, lets get this party popping. It's game 2 and already a must-win game for the series after that choke job and fantastic shooting by Boston to hand the Warriors the loss in what should have been a comfortable win towards the end of the game after that 3rd quarter. Starting lineups:

Warriors

Looney Tunes

Klay getting ready

Dray's gameplan

Wiggins's D is more important than anything else (pause), but we also need this

And for the Chef

Celtics

Marcus Smart

Lightskin mamba is going to come aggressive after game 1

Brown

Al has found the secret sauce

Robert Williams

My armchair points:
- Boston likely going to play a lot less drop coverage, esp after what happened in the first quarter of game 1. This will make it harder for Curry 3s.
- Brown said they are working on packing the paint to cut off easy layups, which is one of the Warriors strengths. Will likely push Warriors to shoot more than 3s than they usually do.
- Their bigs are going to push up more, which means Looney, Dray, Andre or whoever is on the switch needs to aggressively attack the rim when Steph is involved. Otherwise, it's game over.
- Boston has had 3 super shooting games so far in the PS, in game 1 being arguably the best one. Likely won't shoot that well again, but the Dray overhelping to cut off the drives in the paint likely needs some adjustments. Not saying he doesn't help, but he was doing a horrible job of the balance aspect last game.
- I understand having a great game offensively from JP or Klay is awesome because they're so inconsistent, but I need one of them to show up. The other can show up in game 3 in Boston.
- Less optimistic GPII will play and if he does, it sounds like he will be severly injured. Big issue since this is really the series for someone like GP to hound their two stars.
- Can the Warriors not treat currently the best shooter from 3 this PS like a scrub and giving him all the time in the world?
- Need to do a better job of shutting down the non-stars this series
- One big problem is going to be the focus of small ball and switch defense that the Warriors will need to up their defensive game to win out. Also need to dominate the boards when Boston inevitably switch to it (which they will).
- JP needs to figure out how to be effective offensively because they can't win the series with him shooting like **** when he is a cone defensively. Will also need to compete defensively, even if he is poor at it. Show effort & grit.
- It's going to sound like a hot take after game 1, but the goal is still for Boston to keep chucking 3s from their worst shooters. However not Al, the guy is killing it this year. If they're going to shoot 48-50% from 3 when most of their 3PA are coming outside of Tatum, Brown and Al and contested then it is what it is. You give your props & move on.

Lets turn this into 1-1.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Re: NBA Finals Game 2: GSW vs BOS 

Post#2 » by Big J » Sat Jun 4, 2022 10:25 pm

I know it sounds dumb, but how this game is called is going to go a long way to deciding who wins the game. We didn't lose the last one because of the refs, but if they start calling the off ball grabbing that Boston is doing on our wings then it could take them out of their game. Not something I'm banking on, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,249

Post#3 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 5, 2022 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=sRQQHat-uUJNS_OiA-wW-g
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#4 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jun 5, 2022 4:43 am

It's been a great season for the Dubs and an even better season for me personally. I have ZERO concern the Dubs will not only win Sunday but also cover the 4.5 point spread. I'm taking the $500 I won taking the Celtics and the 3.5 points in Game 1 and rolling it over for a $1K bet on the Dubs on Sunday. Like I said...Zero worries.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,594

Post#5 » by HiRez » Sun Jun 5, 2022 5:16 am

We’re in trouble if we don’t use our superior depth to our advantage. Put Bjelica, Moody, Kuminga, even Lee and JTA out there for 5-10 minutes a game in addition to the main rotation players. Boston can’t go nearly that deep and a constant stream of fresh bodies should wear them down over time. Especially if certain guys are playing like trash, or too tired to match Boston’s intensity, let other guys take over for a few minutes here and there. But when we have a player that’s hot like Steph was in game 1, leave them in as long as possible.

And FFS stop over-helping and leaving 3 shooters wide open.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#6 » by GunnerWRX » Sun Jun 5, 2022 5:48 am

Must win. Guys need to pull their heads out of their asses. Poole and Draymond especially.

Also need Game 6 Klay in Game 2. Counting on every penny of that $40m he’s collecting.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#7 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:29 am

This may be the most important game of the season so far.
We can't afford to lose this one, if we go down 2-0 at home it's game over.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 852

Post#8 » by DevinVassell » Sun Jun 5, 2022 11:45 am

If like game 1 we get a lead with the starters early, pls don't then sit the starters if they are on fire (Steph)... because it's now the.... FINALS. We need our starters on the court. Let's not have our starters resting.... while we relinquish the lead... just so the starters have enough energy to bring us back from the deficit that was incurred because the starters were out. Simplistic, I know but it's the FINALS. Even if we are leading, don't sit Steph.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#9 » by jaymo123 » Sun Jun 5, 2022 4:11 pm

I want to see better one on one defense and more movement offensively. Don't be afraid to drive for the kick, layup, or the floater. I would do double pick and rolls for Steph with Klay and Wiggins in the corner. You know 3 defenders will be up on Steph, leaving 3 on 2 opportunities and open shots for Klay or Wiggs, even Steph if he gets through.

Will be tough and Dubs win by 7.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#10 » by Old_Blue » Sun Jun 5, 2022 5:11 pm

For once, wouldn't it be nice to see the team get a nice big lead and NOT let off the gas? Going back to that early season loss to Memphis, the team occasionally seems to suffer from Second Half Arrogance Type Syndrome (SHATS). :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Big J
General Manager

Post#11 » by Big J » Sun Jun 5, 2022 6:11 pm

DevinVassell wrote:If like game 1 we get a lead with the starters early, pls don't then sit the starters if they are on fire (Steph)... because it's now the.... FINALS. We need our starters on the court. Let's not have our starters resting.... while we relinquish the lead... just so the starters have enough energy to bring us back from the deficit that was incurred because the starters were out. Simplistic, I know but it's the FINALS. Even if we are leading, don't sit Steph.

This is never going to happen man. If Curry plays the entire 1st quarter and is on fire, so we play him the entire 2nd quarter he will be completely gassed at the end of the game. We're not going to blow this Celtics team out in 3 quarters.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,967

Post#12 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jun 5, 2022 7:00 pm

Big J wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:If like game 1 we get a lead with the starters early, pls don't then sit the starters if they are on fire (Steph)... because it's now the.... FINALS. We need our starters on the court. Let's not have our starters resting.... while we relinquish the lead... just so the starters have enough energy to bring us back from the deficit that was incurred because the starters were out. Simplistic, I know but it's the FINALS. Even if we are leading, don't sit Steph.

This is never going to happen man. If Curry plays the entire 1st quarter and is on fire, so we play him the entire 2nd quarter he will be completely gassed at the end of the game. We're not going to blow this Celtics team out in 3 quarters.

I have no idea how posters don't realize that players can't play an entire game and be effective. While Tatum and Brown can play an entire half...Steph, Klay and Draymond cannot. Curry looked gassed down the stretch in the fourth even after his rest.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Big J
General Manager

Post#13 » by Big J » Sun Jun 5, 2022 7:25 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Big J wrote:

I have no idea how posters don't realize that players can't play an entire game and be effective. While Tatum and Brown can play an entire half...Steph, Klay and Draymond cannot. Curry looked gassed down the stretch in the fourth even after his rest.

During the SSOL Phoenix Suns era Steve Nash had a very similar rest pattern to what Curry has now. There was a playoff game that they were facing elimination and D'Antoni kept him in the whole second half and I literally thought he was going to pass out he was so exhausted, and it clearly was affecting his game. You can see the same thing with Curry, his face starts to get red and he is not as effective. It happened in the second Dallas regular season game when Kerr was still using the old rest pattern right before he switched it. Curry didn't even get a shot off in the 4th quarter and he was getting picked on heavily by Luka. It ended up costing us the game.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#14 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:30 pm

Warriors need to beat Jalen Brown the hell up. Letting go after our guards with knocking him off his ass with hard picks is chicken chit.

Game 2 is a street fight.

AGRESSION,!!!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Big J
General Manager

Post#15 » by Big J » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:35 pm

Yea, I'm hoping we get to see Draymond on Brown & Wiggins on Tatum in this game. Stick Klay on freaking Horford if Horford is just going to shoot 3's.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#16 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:38 pm

The only reason you take Dray off of Horford is if you are believing in Curry, Poole, and Wiggins to not need help off the drive

So in short.. the odds of it happening are slim to none. Though I would let Wiggins hold his own against Brown and Tatum, basically letting the Celtics know that if they're going at Wiggins, there's not going to be a safety net available. And I think that would be fine - hell even Curry did a solid job for the most part in that way
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#17 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:40 pm

Iguodala out, so at least we wont see that rotation again. But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet Kerr just replaces him with GP2.. hopefully not, but we'll see
Big J
General Manager

Post#18 » by Big J » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:49 pm

FNQ wrote:Iguodala out, so at least we wont see that rotation again. But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet Kerr just replaces him with GP2.. hopefully not, but we'll see

Yea, one armed GP2 is going to present the same issues that Iggy did except he's a foot smaller.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#19 » by ducler » Sun Jun 5, 2022 11:09 pm

Read on Twitter
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#20 » by tarantism » Sun Jun 5, 2022 11:21 pm

FNQ wrote:Iguodala out, so at least we wont see that rotation again. But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet Kerr just replaces him with GP2.. hopefully not, but we'll see

Kerr already said GP2 will get minutes tonight. Hopefully not next to Dray but we shall see.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off

Return to Golden State Warriors