Official Liverpool FC Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#181 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:35 am

In regards to Mane - he is a top top guy, what he does for his country and people around him is inspirational.

Now the reason why he wanted to leave Liverpool was because they offended him a bit, they pretty much wanted to offer Salah whatever he wants, but Mane was never offered the same. Plus I think he weren't even the top 4 top earners at Liverpool, considering he is just as important to what Liverpool do it was puzzling and I understand why he left as soon as. I think it's just one of those things of where Liverpool viewed him in one way vs how he views himself. He could easily play for any team in the prem and start for them.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#182 » by Baseline81 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:09 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:In regards to Mane - he is a top top guy, what he does for his country and people around him is inspirational.

Now the reason why he wanted to leave Liverpool was because they offended him a bit, they pretty much wanted to offer Salah whatever he wants, but Mane was never offered the same. Plus I think he weren't even the top 4 top earners at Liverpool, considering he is just as important to what Liverpool do it was puzzling and I understand why he left as soon as. I think it's just one of those things of where Liverpool viewed him in one way vs how he views himself. He could easily play for any team in the prem and start for them.

Honestly, there's a reason Salah was offered more. For as good as Mané has been, he lost a step, which is why he moved away from the left wing (Diaz purchase). Don't get me wrong, he still produced in his new role, but at 30, paying him anywhere near the Egyptian king would be foolish.

Funnily enough, I do think Salah will move on next summer. Liverpool's wage structure will not be broken as it would open the flood gates for the likes of Alisson and van Dijk.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#183 » by HIF » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:16 am

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:In regards to Mane - he is a top top guy, what he does for his country and people around him is inspirational.

Honestly, there's a reason Salah was offered more. For as good as Mané has been, he lost a step, which is why he moved away from the left wing (Diaz purchase). Don't get me wrong, he still produced in his new role, but at 30, paying him anywhere near the Egyptian king would be foolish.

Funnily enough, I do think Salah will move on next summer. Liverpool's wage structure will not be broken as it would open the flood gates for the likes of Alisson and van Dijk.

30 really isn't old. Vardy is 36 and still incredibly quick. age adds experience and knowledge.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baseline81
Starter

Post#184 » by Baseline81 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:47 pm

HIF wrote:30 really isn't old. Vardy is 36 and still incredibly quick. age adds experience and knowledge.

How has Vardy's availability been? Injuries begin to happen more frequently over the age of 30.
HIF
RealGM

Post#185 » by HIF » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
HIF wrote:30 really isn't old. Vardy is 36 and still incredibly quick. age adds experience and knowledge.

How has Vardy's availability been? Injuries begin to happen more frequently over the age of 30.

In the last 7 seasons Vardy has played a total of 236 games and scored 128 goals in the prem alone. Does that answer your question?

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#186 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:23 am

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#187 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 3:08 pm

Salah extended his contract
Baseline81
Starter

Post#188 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 3:28 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:Salah extended his contract

I'm shocked, if I'm being honest. I had him pegged to leave next summer.

In staying, Liverpool's focus will be on upgrading the midfield a year from now. I could actually see them competing for Bellingham.

Read on Twitter
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#189 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 3:35 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Salah extended his contract

I'm shocked, if I'm being honest. I had him pegged to leave next summer.

In staying, Liverpool's focus will be on upgrading the midfield a year from now. I could actually see them competing for Bellingham.

Read on Twitter

I'm not entirely shocked but I'm curious if Salah smashed the wage structure at Liverpool.

Also the Bellingham sweepstakes have already started, but he wont get/ask for a move this year. Real Madrid and Liverpool are the front runners so far, I would not be surprised if Chelsea and Utd enter between now and next summer
Baseline81
Starter

Post#190 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 3:45 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:I'm not entirely shocked but I'm curious if Salah smashed the wage structure at Liverpool.

Also the Bellingham sweepstakes have already started, but he wont get/ask for a move this year. Real Madrid and Liverpool are the front runners so far, I would not be surprised if Chelsea and Utd enter between now and next summer

Salah's new wage is a non-issue for wage structure, IMO. Liverpool will not hand out these wages to players who have not deserved them, it is how the club works.
Read on Twitter
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#191 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 3:56 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:I'm not entirely shocked but I'm curious if Salah smashed the wage structure at Liverpool.

Salah's new wage is a non-issue for wage structure, IMO. Liverpool will not hand out these wages to players who have not deserved them, it is how the club works.
Read on Twitter

Let's hope he performs, it's a big contract to give to someone his age. I would've done the same to be honest he's world class at the end of the day, but I'm always a bit cautious.

The other thing that COULD happen is that Van Dijk, Trent and Allison potentially can now ask for near the same amount too.

But I'm happy that Salah stays at Liverpool he's loved by the fans and everyone associated by the club.
Baseline81
Starter

Post#192 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 4:23 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:Let's hope he performs, it's a big contract to give to someone his age. I would've done the same to be honest he's world class at the end of the day, but I'm always a bit cautious.

The other thing that COULD happen is that Van Dijk, Trent and Allison potentially can now ask for near the same amount too.

But I'm happy that Salah stays at Liverpool he's loved by the fans and everyone associated by the club.

I, too, am concerned about the extension, due to his goal scoring form the second half of the season. Prior to him leaving for AFCON, he bordered on being the best player in the world. However, once Egypt lost to Senegal in the final, he wasn't the same.

The new contract is only for three more years. Salah is in phenomenal shape and turned 30 in June.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#193 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 4:35 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Let's hope he performs, it's a big contract to give to someone his age. I would've done the same to be honest he's world class at the end of the day, but I'm always a bit cautious.

I, too, am concerned about the extension, due to his goal scoring form the second half of the season. Prior to him leaving for AFCON, he bordered on being the best player in the world. However, once Egypt lost to Senegal in the final, he wasn't the same.

The new contract is only for three more years. Salah is in phenomenal shape and turned 30 in June.

I think he’ll regain his form, as the saying goes form is temporary, class is permanent.

Liverpools attacking options are phenomenal!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#194 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:31 pm

Three years from now will he still have big transfer value?
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#195 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jul 4, 2022 11:29 am

wco81 wrote:Three years from now will he still have big transfer value?

I highly doubt it
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#196 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:01 pm

Not a great first showing for Nunez eeesh, I know its only preseason but I expected much better.

Good thing is he can only go up from here I guess.
HIF
RealGM

Post#197 » by HIF » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:13 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:Not a great first showing for Nunez eeesh, I know its only preseason but I expected much better.

Not sure why everyone is talking up this first pre-season game full of kids.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#198 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:48 am

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Not a great first showing for Nunez eeesh, I know its only preseason but I expected much better.

Not sure why everyone is talking up this first pre-season game full of kids.

A lot of people for some reason really cared about the result of this game lol, it was just a complete run out for both teams. Preseason never ever matters in terms of the results, because coaches don't really look into the result so much. For Nunez, he didn't have a great game sure and I did expect a bit more however he did at least get in the the right spots and his movement in the game was decent. He'll be fine in the end though
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#199 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:50 pm

Liverpool need to sign a good Midfielder, and another good defender. Our midfield is getting long in the tooth, and needs some help. Our defense as well could use a boost. You'd think that we'd have a little $$ to spend, after last season. I hope we didn't just blow it all on 1 player. Feels like we aughta have a little more in the bank.

We've got several good players walking away this offseason. It's a shame we're not getting anything for them. Sucks to see Mane go, but it doubly hurts to see him just walk for nothing.

I'm glad we figured it all out with Salah, but I'm still sorta hoping that R-Madrid or Barca or whoever come in with one of those stupid $120+ mil offers. Of course, we've lost alot of attacking this offseason. So perhaps better to wait till next season. I suppose the chances of a crazy offer drop drastically with every passing year. He's no spring chicken now, either.
Baseline81
Starter

Post#200 » by Baseline81 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:09 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Liverpool need to sign a good Midfielder, and another good defender. Our midfield is getting long in the tooth, and needs some help. Our defense as well could use a boost. You'd think that we'd have a little $$ to spend, after last season. I hope we didn't just blow it all on 1 player. Feels like we aughta have a little more in the bank.

We've got several good players walking away this offseason. It's a shame we're not getting anything for them. Sucks to see Mane go, but it doubly hurts to see him just walk for nothing.

I'm glad we figured it all out with Salah, but I'm still sorta hoping that R-Madrid or Barca or whoever come in with one of those stupid $120+ mil offers. Of course, we've lost alot of attacking this offseason. So perhaps better to wait till next season. I suppose the chances of a crazy offer drop drastically with every passing year. He's no spring chicken now, either.

Núñez cost LFC £64M. Sales of Mane (£28M), Williams (£16M), Minamino (£13M) and Davies (£3M) along with sell-on fee of Awoniyi covers approximately £60M. Note I left off add-ons.

The only other incomings were Carvalho (£5M) and Ramsay (£4m) making net spend near £13M.

There should be enough for a midfielder, however, it appears Liverpool is targeting Bellingham next year. I agree with you, however. I'm not confident in depending on Carvalho and Elliott, both teenagers. Keita (27 years old), Fabinho (28), Tiago (31), and Henderson (32) are aging or tend to pick up injuries. A 22-24 year old player would help bridge the gap.

Additionally, where does the Diaz transfer amount fall under?

Return to The General Soccer Board