Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,451

Re: Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time 

Post#501 » by fleet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:17 am

Jeffster81 wrote:In his mock draft, Peter Schraeger had Nabors fall to the Bears. Cool. You think Nabors should be a Bear, in this scenario. Wrong. Schraeger had the Bears pass on Nabors by trading down with the Colts and only receiving a FUTURE second rd pick as compensation for the pick swap. With that pick Bears take JC Latham. :noway:

If that scenario happens for real, I am not going to be happy.

Understood. But I’m all about it. I hate to give this following aggregator/clickbaity website publicity. But I think all this speculation is kind of brilliant. I hadn’t thought of moving Wright inside and benching the failed Nate Davis experiment. JC Latham and Wright together almost solves the whole line except for center. And FWIW, Caleb liked a post that says the most important part of the team is the O-line.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/braxton-jones-might-not-be-ol-the-bears-are-looking-to-replace/
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,767

Post#502 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:35 am

fleet wrote:Understood. But I’m all about it. I hate to give this following aggregator/clickbaity website publicity. But I think all this speculation is kind of brilliant. I hadn’t thought of moving Wright inside and benching the failed Nate Davis experiment. JC Latham and Wright together almost solves the whole line except for center. And FWIW, Caleb liked a post that says the most important part of the team is the O-line.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/braxton-jones-might-not-be-ol-the-bears-are-looking-to-replace/

I have no problem with Latham but if the Bears trade down with the Colts (or whomever), they need more than a future second. That second has to be this year before I consider moving out of nine.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#503 » by fleet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:52 am

Jeffster81 wrote:
fleet wrote:Understood. But I’m all about it. I hate to give this following aggregator/clickbaity website publicity. But I think all this speculation is kind of brilliant. I hadn’t thought of moving Wright inside and benching the failed Nate Davis experiment. JC Latham and Wright together almost solves the whole line except for center. And FWIW, Caleb liked a post that says the most important part of the team is the O-line.

I have no problem with Latham but if the Bears trade down with the Colts (or whomever), they need more than a future second. That second has to be this year before I consider moving out of nine.

Tend to agree. Alternative plan: Draft Odunze/Nabors #9, then use the ‘25 FRP, and one of the ‘25 second rounders or the ‘25 third rounder to trade back into this FR to grab Latham? All of the sudden the Bears offense would potentially be a young juggernaut.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#504 » by Hold That » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am

fleet wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

Tend to agree. Alternative plan: Draft Odunze/Nabors #9, then use the ‘25 FRP, and one of the ‘25 second rounders or the ‘25 third rounder to trade back into this FR to grab Latham? All of the sudden the Bears offense would potentially be a young juggernaut.

Not sure about giving up a first and second rounder in’25 for JC Latham.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#505 » by Hold That » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:23 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would imagine the Vikings would go Penix with their late first rounder if they couldn’t trade up.

Penix and Jefferson would be deadly.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,767

Post#506 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 am

fleet wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

I'm all aboard Rome/nabors @ 9, but I have to think about the '25 FRP and a 2nd trade for Latham.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#507 » by fleet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 am

Jeffster81 wrote:
fleet wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

I'm all aboard Rome/nabors @ 9, but I have to think about the '25 FRP and a 2nd trade for Latham.

Just 1 FRP in 25, plus 3rd or second whatever chart value
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#508 » by fleet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:48 am

Hold That wrote:
fleet wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:

Not sure about giving up a first and second rounder in’25 for JC Latham.

I guess, it all depends on what projection they have for a player, and what projection they have for positional value in ‘25. Latham might have the highest upside of all OTs in this draft. And ‘25 has a good class of DE edge guys. Maybe you’re getting the young edge in ‘25. However the grades go, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bears love one of the players in the FR of ‘24. If I had to guess, it would be an OT. Investment in your rookie quarterback with the O-line is always a good idea. My opinion, Nate Davis is a bust, and the Bears have a golden chance here to replace him at a high level. Minimum, one of the guys the Bears brought in on their 30 visit will slide into the second round and will tempt the Bears to target a trade down, or trade in with assets from the ‘25 draft.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,908

Post#509 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#510 » by nomorezorro » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:12 pm

tony pauline is one of the statistically worst mock drafters in the industry, fwiw

also lol at "if the bears pick a pass catcher, it will be one of the two consensus best pass catchers who are most likely to be on the board when they pick." great intel
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,767

Post#511 » by dougthonus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:41 pm

nomorezorro wrote:tony pauline is one of the statistically worst mock drafters in the industry, fwiw

also lol at "if the bears pick a pass catcher, it will be one of the two consensus best pass catchers who are most likely to be on the board when they pick." great intel

If the Bears pick a EDGE, they will also take one of the two best available EDGE.

No need to thank me, my sources are deep, but I don't mind sharing them.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,508

Post#512 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:44 pm

If the Bears trade back it will be for one of the two best deals they can get. Yeah fluff writing is awesome but hey none of these guys are getting real news.
El Ridda
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#513 » by El Ridda » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm

While it's still not my preference, I''m warming up to the possibility of going OL (ideally in a trade down). Outside of Alt and Fashanu, it feels like the other top OL in the draft have a good deal of versatility and could effectively play tackle or guard. This would allow the bears to mix/match what they do this year and moving forward, plugging them in where needed and ensuring they don't have any weak spots- having a 'Swiss army knife' on the line would be a true multiplier (the phrase Poles uses all the time).

Plus, given the $$$ being paid for interior OL this offseason, it's clear that NFL front offices are prioritizing the interior line. So having someone who would be a stand out guard who could also fill in at tackle would be incredibly valuable.
Cup of Cognac, Hidden Dime Sack.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#514 » by jacoby1us » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:52 pm

Why not swing for the fences now?

Not interested in continuing to build through the draft, the Bears need to produce this upcoming season and show the league that they're competing for the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl. This will pay dividends next offseason when top tier FAs are actually interested in signing here.

We need to trade up for MHJ at #5 and bolster our offense for the immediate foreseeable future!
24 FRP and Carolina's 25SRP.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#515 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:04 pm

jacoby1us wrote:Why not swing for the fences now?

Not interested in continuing to build through the draft, the Bears need to produce this upcoming season and show the league that they're competing for the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl. This will pay dividends next offseason when top tier FAs are actually interested in signing here.

We need to trade up for MHJ at #5 and bolster our offense for the immediate foreseeable future!
24 FRP and Carolina's 25SRP.

No. Dumb mindset.

Now is the time for unrushed building up of the roster. Enjoy it.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,391

Post#516 » by HoopsterJones » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:19 pm

Yeah I don’t think I’d be willing to trade next year’s FRP and Carolina’s SRP to move up for MHJ.

The hope is that the Bears won’t have a top 10 pick again for at least a few years because the team is competitive and making the playoffs consistently. To me this means Poles has to draft an impact player at #9 for at least the next 4 seasons. Next years draft, the Bears will have their FRP, the Panthers SRP which may be #33-36, and their own SRP. They can continue to add young cost controlled talent to the team as needed based on how they perform next season.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 373

Post#517 » by JockItch43 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:47 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If true... I love it. Odunze fits a bigger need, but honestly I would do backflips if we landed Bowers.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#518 » by patryk7754 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:25 pm

If we can trade up for Harrison by only giving up a 2nd (that's not even ours) that as big of a no brainer as it gets
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,917

Post#519 » by Dresden » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:26 pm

Bowers might be a bit of a luxury, but I'd be tickled to get him. I think he could do so much for the offense, and he's got all the makings a true superstar. He could be the second coming of Mike Ditka. Between him, Allen, DJ and Kmet, our offense would be loaded.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,908

Post#520 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls