Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,307

Re: Bears 2024: 5.0 It's Caleb Williams time 

Post#741 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 am

Susan wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bowers is the only pick that would shock me. He likely wouldn’t see the field much next year.

I think there is likely interest in him from the Jets and Colts and Bengals. Would love a trade down with one of those teams.

Sam LaPorta and Dalton Kincaid were both awesome for their teams last year and Bowers is a better prospect than both by quite a bit.

LaPorta was a Pro Bowler last year and Bowers plays a similar game. Basically they're mega slot WRs.

Kmet and Everett caught 125 passes between them last year.

I’d call it a pretty gross misuse of sources to take him. Why Id be shocked. You have to have him on a different planet than the DEs, DTs, and WRs that will be there to make up for the fact that you have that position covered well, when you are missing starters at other positions, AND to cover for the fact that the position is significantly less important than the other ones where guys will be available.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Post#742 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:25 am

Read on Twitter
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#743 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:21 am

For anyone wondering why they are announcing it Wednesday before the draft, its because they want everyone to forget about it. Taxpayers have 2.3 billion lying around to spend on an inaccessible stadium? What a waste.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,938

Post#744 » by Dresden » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:24 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Susan wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bowers is the only pick that would shock me. He likely wouldn’t see the field much next year.

I think there is likely interest in him from the Jets and Colts and Bengals. Would love a trade down with one of those teams.

Sam LaPorta and Dalton Kincaid were both awesome for their teams last year and Bowers is a better prospect than both by quite a bit.

LaPorta was a Pro Bowler last year and Bowers plays a similar game. Basically they're mega slot WRs.

I’d call it a pretty gross misuse of sources to take him. Why Id be shocked. You have to have him on a different planet than the DEs, DTs, and WRs that will be there to make up for the fact that you have that position covered well, when you are missing starters at other positions, AND to cover for the fact that the position is significantly less important than the other ones where guys will be available.

DT we have Dexter and Billings. WR we have Allen and Moore. It's a weak draft for Edge- next year will be better. Ideally you'd trade Everett or Kmet if you can draft Bowers. He might be that good.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,552

Post#745 » by PaKii94 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:For anyone wondering why they are announcing it Wednesday before the draft, its because they want everyone to forget about it. Taxpayers have 2.3 billion lying around to spend on an inaccessible stadium? What a waste.

It's sad that the priority is a new public funded stadium while the city and it's infrastructure is deteriorating rapidly around it.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,042

Post#746 » by Chi town » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:42 am

PaKii94 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:For anyone wondering why they are announcing it Wednesday before the draft, its because they want everyone to forget about it. Taxpayers have 2.3 billion lying around to spend on an inaccessible stadium? What a waste.

It's sad that the priority is a new public funded stadium while the city and it's infrastructure is deteriorating rapidly around it.

Chicago politics. Looks like McCaskey’s know how the game is played.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,042

Post#747 » by Chi town » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:46 am

Jimako10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m here for it.

Odunze seems like a winner.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#748 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 am

PaKii94 wrote:

Don’t worry, the mayor just appointed a pastor to the CTA board, so clearly things are getting fixed. :lol:
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,908

Post#749 » by nomorezorro » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 am

the article doesn't actually mention any government backing for the proposal, and specifically it says it'd need state (not city) approval for the bears' preferred funding structure.

given how cold the legislature has been to any public stadium funding proposals, i can't imagine this going through as-is
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#750 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am

Dresden wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Susan wrote:

DT we have Dexter and Billings. WR we have Allen and Moore. It's a weak draft for Edge- next year will be better. Ideally you'd trade Everett or Kmet if you can draft Bowers. He might be that good.

You need 2 starting DTSs, a minimum of 2 starting WRs (many teams have 3 at this point). Most teams start 1 TE, not 3.

It’s a weaker draft for TE than it is for DE. Bowers was extremely productive in college and I think he’ll be good, but he is also smaller for a TE. That’s another issue, look at the freaks at the position and their size matters.

He’s unique, but this combination of things is not someone I want to bet on at 9.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#751 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:Dallas Turner is Mike Mamula 2.0

All combine, no skills.

What does this mean? The guy that produced the same amount of tackles and sacks as Will Anderson didn’t produce on the field? How does 1 have no skill and dominate on the field against SEC competition?
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,774

Post#752 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:Dallas Turner is Mike Mamula 2.0

All combine, no skills.

That is certainly a hot take.

I bet you thought Patrick Mahomes was the next Jeff George.
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#753 » by Bullflip » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:11 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes that is a lot. I don’t want to be paying that. Bears can get out of Chicago for all I care
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#754 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 am

If you want a guy that’s all combine and no skill, Chop Robinson is your guy. I pray the Bears don’t get cute and take him, even in a trade down.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,353

Post#755 » by Kurt Heimlich » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:If you want a guy that’s all combine and no skill, Chop Robinson is your guy. I pray the Bears don’t get cute and take him, even in a trade down.

He's on the top 30 visit list. If a significant trade back happens I think he's definitely in the group of players theyre looking at. But agreed the production is tough to reconcile with his elite track performance at the combine. But Poles does seem to love those madden attributes strong and fast.

People who like Chop will compare him to micah parsons who's obvious got a lot of similar college/athletic profile stats. If odunze is there at 9 I don't see how they can pass on him. But outside of that I don't have a great feel on whether turner or latu or bowers are better than perhaps a pick package that includes that huge upside swing on Chop in the late teens or 20s.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 746

Post#756 » by Charlesareed » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 am

Jimako10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m a bowers fan and believe the jets will trade up and take him if the chargers pass on him but I’d love Rome on this team as wr3
Chicago Raised me
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,938

Post#757 » by Dresden » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 am

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,485

Post#758 » by fleet » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:If you want a guy that’s all combine and no skill, Chop Robinson is your guy. I pray the Bears don’t get cute and take him, even in a trade down.

He's on the top 30 visit list. If a significant trade back happens I think he's definitely in the group of players theyre looking at. But agreed the production is tough to reconcile with his elite track performance at the combine. But Poles does seem to love those madden attributes strong and fast.

People who like Chop will compare him to micah parsons who's obvious got a lot of similar college/athletic profile stats. If odunze is there at 9 I don't see how they can pass on him. But outside of that I don't have a great feel on whether turner or latu or bowers are better than perhaps a pick package that includes that huge upside swing on Chop in the late teens or 20s.

Chop has big 10 inch hands. But Micah Parsons has 11 inch catchers mitts for hands, and 3 inches more wingspan than Chop.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,915

Post#759 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 am

Read on Twitter

This feels like some data Doug would really appreciate lol
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,915

Post#760 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:59 am