Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,079

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#241 » by Chi town » Sat May 11, 2024 5:18 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Edey’s offense will translate. He’s too big, too strong, too skilled and too smart. But that offense will be, presumably for the long term, limited to what it is simply on a less grand scale. Which is worth a high pick if . . . . .the player is at least a passable defender.

He will be badly exploited. It will be very difficult to hide despite what I project to be a useful and unique offensive player who will absolutely score and get to the line in the NBA.

It offsets his ceiling and therefore trade value considerably to me. But I am still higher on him than most. I would support the Bulls acquiring a pick nearer to the end if the 1st round and taking a shot on Edey.

I’m not begging for it but if it happened (at a reasonable price) I would support it.

It just doesn't follow that you think his offense translates but you wouldn't take him until late 1st.

Dalen Terry's go middle first.

Last things first: Dalen Terry’s go in the middle second unless your GM is AK.

Second, I’m done with stationary bigs who can’t jump over a toothpick. And so is the NBA. They can’t defend. It doesn’t mean they don’t have value, it just greatly limits the value.

I know the concept is utterly foreign to AK, but let’s start prioritizing two way players. Edey is a luxury pick. One I’d willingly use on him later in the draft, but that’s all he is.

2 way players that can actually shoot and score too. Dalen Terry doesn’t qualify. Either does Philipps as he does nothing but sit in the corner.

The only player I’d pick at 11 that can’t shoot is Clingan because he changes what our team can do defensively. Still would pick lots of shooters over him though.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,930

Post#242 » by TheSuzerain » Sat May 11, 2024 6:28 pm

Luxury pick isn't the right word. He's someone you'd build a lineup around (potentially a lineup filled with high volume 3s like Purdue did).

You need an actual core to build around and we don't have one. Well we do, but it's a terrible core.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#243 » by Almost Retired » Sat May 11, 2024 7:14 pm

Jcool0 wrote:Dalton Knecht mocked to the Bulls

Knecht is on the older side for a prospect, but he isn’t necessarily without upside. Every player is on a different developmental trajectory. And with DeMar DeRozan entering free agency (and aging) and Zach LaVine’s future uncertain, the Bulls could use some scoring support for Coby White.

Read on Twitter

Knecht can shoot it. Sign me up. Enough of the tweener forwards that can't shoot.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#244 » by Almost Retired » Sat May 11, 2024 7:18 pm

rosenthall wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Edey’s offense will translate. He’s too big, too strong, too skilled and too smart. But that offense will be, presumably for the long term, limited to what it is simply on a less grand scale. Which is worth a high pick if . . . . .the player is at least a passable defender.

He will be badly exploited. It will be very difficult to hide despite what I project to be a useful and unique offensive player who will absolutely score and get to the line in the NBA.

It offsets his ceiling and therefore trade value considerably to me. But I am still higher on him than most. I would support the Bulls acquiring a pick nearer to the end if the 1st round and taking a shot on Edey.

I’m not begging for it but if it happened (at a reasonable price) I would support it.

Right now I have Edey pegged as having Enes Kanter-like impact. Highly productive player who can dominate in the right circumstances, but shrinks your team building philosophy so much that it's hard to commit to him as a big minute player.

He's better than Boban, but I don't think he's Yao. I think he settles as a 20-something MPG player who mostly comes off the bench.

I can't get excited about Edey. He was much taller than almost all of his opposing centers. To me I saw him miss a lot of bunnies in the games that I watched. A lot like Vooch. He'll probably be a 10 year pro but never sniff an All Star game.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,810

Post#245 » by DuckIII » Sat May 11, 2024 8:06 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Luxury pick isn't the right word. He's someone you'd build a lineup around (potentially a lineup filled with high volume 3s like Purdue did).

You can keep ignoring the massively significant reason his value isn’t what you think it should be, but it’s not going away.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,303

Post#246 » by Dan Z » Sun May 12, 2024 2:33 am

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#247 » by Muzbar » Sun May 12, 2024 1:09 pm

Say the Pistons win the lottery and call about Zach and offer the no. 1 (plus Fournier, maybe Sasser), do you bite?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,460

Post#248 » by LateNight » Sun May 12, 2024 1:49 pm

Muzbar wrote:Say the Pistons win the lottery and call about Zach and offer the no. 1 (plus Fournier, maybe Sasser), do you bite?

Yes. Zach Lavine for Alex Sarr seems like an amazing swap
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#249 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 12, 2024 2:24 pm

Is today the day we find out it’s hard to win 2% odds? AK couldn’t have written a worse draft script since winning #4 and getting Ayo.

Continually missing playoffs and drafting outside the lottery (or giving up lotto picks).
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,850

Post#250 » by Jcool0 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:45 pm

LateNight wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Say the Pistons win the lottery and call about Zach and offer the no. 1 (plus Fournier, maybe Sasser), do you bite?

Yes. Zach Lavine for Alex Sarr seems like an amazing swap

Does AK take Sarr? Yes he seems to be the most mocked #1. But I wouldn't say he a level above everyone else.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 662

Post#251 » by boozapalooza » Sun May 12, 2024 3:11 pm

99% sure we will get a top 4 pick today since this is a year where you dont really need one. Top 10-12 players in this class could all have cases to go top 4.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#252 » by DuckIII » Sun May 12, 2024 3:54 pm

boozapalooza wrote:99% sure we will get a top 4 pick today since this is a year where you dont really need one. Top 10-12 players in this class could all have cases to go top 4.

And I’d still be thrilled. While this is one of the weirdest drafts I can ever remember (the mocks are all over the place and there other unusual factors beyond just the talent), I’d love to get into the top 4. Opens up so many more options and I don’t hate this draft. It doesn’t have clear franchise players I agree, but there are plenty of very interesting prospects.

I agree with your larger point though. We could get someone at 11 who is just as good a prospect as someone who goes 4th.

But I have to temper all of this, because I really do believe AK is going to trade out if he thinks there is any way he can resign DDR. Specifically, unless DDR has already indicated he’s out, I expect AK to trade the pick as part of his pitch to DDR to stay. He may not, but it would be entirely consistent with his record (and his idiotic press conference) if he did.

Thats not just one of my back handed comments about AK. I really do think it’s going to happen. It would be much better for us this year if we could have free agency before the draft.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,299

Post#253 » by prolific passer » Sun May 12, 2024 3:57 pm

Bulls gonna get the #1 pick and draft the guy who is probably the Mr. irrelevant of the draft with it.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,352

Post#254 » by kodo » Sun May 12, 2024 4:19 pm

I was wondering how many good players are in a "bad" draft. Only looking at 1st round because I consider Joker scenarios to be mostly luck. Nobody picking top 10 like us uses it on a 2nd rounder, no matter the evaluation.
(Consistent all-star = 2+ appearances)

2015:
Consistent All-Stars: 2 (KAT #1, Booker #13)

2013:
Consistent All-Stars: 3 (Oladipo #2, Giannis #15, Gobert #27)

2006:
Consistent All-Stars: 2 (Aldridge #2, Roy #6)

2005:
Consistent All-Stars: 2 (Deron #3, David Lee #30)

2000:
Consistent All-Stars: 0
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,299

Post#255 » by prolific passer » Sun May 12, 2024 4:42 pm

kodo wrote:I was wondering how many good players are in a "bad" draft. Only looking at 1st round because I consider Joker scenarios to be mostly luck. Nobody picking top 10 like us uses it on a 2nd rounder, no matter the evaluation.

2015:

2013:

2006:

2005:

2000:

Wasn't Chris Paul drafted in 2005?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by DuckIII » Sun May 12, 2024 4:51 pm

kodo wrote:I was wondering how many good players are in a "bad" draft. Only looking at 1st round because I consider Joker scenarios to be mostly luck. Nobody picking top 10 like us uses it on a 2nd rounder, no matter the evaluation.

2015:

2013:

2006:

2005:

2000:

An interesting exercise - which I doubt I’ll do 8-) - would be to figure out which drafts were, like this one, projected to be weak and light on stars and then see how often those projections proved accurate.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,303

Post#257 » by Dan Z » Sun May 12, 2024 6:16 pm

DuckIII wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:99% sure we will get a top 4 pick today since this is a year where you dont really need one. Top 10-12 players in this class could all have cases to go top 4.

And I’d still be thrilled. While this is one of the weirdest drafts I can ever remember (the mocks are all over the place and there other unusual factors beyond just the talent), I’d love to get into the top 4. Opens up so many more options and I don’t hate this draft. It doesn’t have clear franchise players I agree, but there are plenty of very interesting prospects.

I agree with your larger point though. We could get someone at 11 who is just as good a prospect as someone who goes 4th.

But I have to temper all of this, because I really do believe AK is going to trade out if he thinks there is any way he can resign DDR. Specifically, unless DDR has already indicated he’s out, I expect AK to trade the pick as part of his pitch to DDR to stay. He may not, but it would be entirely consistent with his record (and his idiotic press conference) if he did.

Thats not just one of my back handed comments about AK. I really do think it’s going to happen. It would be much better for us this year if we could have free agency before the draft.

Jerami Grant come on down!

I hope you're wrong about that, but I have a feeling you're not. Maybe DDR moves on and forces AK's hand (to move in a new direction)...?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#258 » by DuckIII » Sun May 12, 2024 6:34 pm

Dan Z wrote:I hope you're wrong about that

Me too x infinity. This guy really stinks. With each new transactional season I fear new and different ways for him to dig the hole even deeper, and he never ceases to do so.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,971

Post#259 » by jc23 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 pm

Ping Pong time; makes us great again Adam Silver.
Be curious, Not judgmental
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#260 » by DuckIII » Sun May 12, 2024 7:19 pm

Julian Phillips. Interesting rep. You knew AK wasn’t going to put himself out front.

Return to Chicago Bulls