Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,426

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#1081 » by jump » Thu May 9, 2024 7:28 pm

I think we could trade Vuc to the Warriors. He is much better than any C they've had in years. I think they would like his 45 double doubles. Question is for whom? Wiggins? (I think the Warriors are ready to deal him). A trade I would love is Vuc and Caruso for Wiggins, Loony and Kuminga, but I don't think the Dubs want to let Kuminga go. Would Vuc and Caruso for Wiggins, Loony (as Drummond's back up) and Podz be enough? I think Podz is a valuable addition. But he's not Kuminga level good.
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#1082 » by jump » Thu May 9, 2024 7:44 pm

Then we follow that with the following:
Zach to the Lakers for...
DeAngel, Vanderbilt and Jaxson Hayes

That would give us a line up of:

Drummond, Loony, Hayes
Wiggins, Vanderbilt, Craig
DDR, PW, Green
DeAngelo, Cody Williams (or?), Podz
White, Ayo, Carter

Doesn't solve all of our problems, but clears the deck of some of them and gives us more youth and flexibility. Only long term issue is Wiggins for a few more years. We'd have to let go of Terry, or maybe Craig, depending on whom we draft.
nanokooshball
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#1083 » by nanokooshball » Sun May 12, 2024 10:24 pm

I wouldn't add Caurso to that trade at all (unless Kuminga involved). They get to dump Wiggins.
- Vuc and Craig for Wiggins and Looney
nanokooshball
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#1084 » by nanokooshball » Sun May 12, 2024 10:31 pm

If Donnavan Mitchell doesn't want to resign w the Cavs after this year... Think we could do a sign and trade?

Zach Lavine for Mitchell. Maybe trade Coby for a couple low firsts or a high first round pick and swing it Cavs so they don't trade him elsewhere? Gives the Cavs a more balanced team to allow Garland to grow again and Mobley to build up his offensive game. I'm not that sold on Mitchell, but it takes us out of the worse hell that we have right now?

Trade Vuc, Craig for Wiggins / Looney
Trade Derozan for Batum, Oubre

So then line up would be...

Ayo / Caruso / Lonzo?
Mitchell / Terry
Williams / Oubre
Wiggins / Batum / Javonte Green
Drummond / Looney

Moves Williams to his more effective 3. Have a decent defensive font court and versatile defense around Mitchell. I think this is the key to make it work with Mitchell. You have strong perimeter defenders around Mitchell and good 3 pt shooting. Could move Batum to 5 for spacing.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#1085 » by sco » Sun May 12, 2024 11:23 pm

nanokooshball wrote:If Donnavan Mitchell doesn't want to resign w the Cavs after this year... Think we could do a sign and trade?

Zach Lavine for Mitchell. Maybe trade Coby for a couple low firsts or a high first round pick and swing it Cavs so they don't trade him elsewhere? Gives the Cavs a more balanced team to allow Garland to grow again and Mobley to build up his offensive game. I'm not that sold on Mitchell, but it takes us out of the worse hell that we have right now?

Trade Vuc, Craig for Wiggins / Looney
Trade Derozan for Batum, Oubre

So then line up would be...

Ayo / Caruso / Lonzo?
Mitchell / Terry
Williams / Oubre
Wiggins / Batum / Javonte Green
Drummond / Looney

Moves Williams to his more effective 3. Have a decent defensive font court and versatile defense around Mitchell. I think this is the key to make it work with Mitchell. You have strong perimeter defenders around Mitchell and good 3 pt shooting. Could move Batum to 5 for spacing.

If Spider becomes available, whatever we could offer wouldn't even warrant a phone answer compared to what other teams would be willing/able to offer.
:clap:
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,299

Post#1086 » by prolific passer » Mon May 13, 2024 12:31 am

Is there still any way we can get Deni from Washington?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,941

Post#1087 » by ChettheJet » Mon May 13, 2024 1:27 pm

prolific passer wrote:Is there still any way we can get Deni from Washington?

I wish because I'd like to pair him with Patrick up front

It just seems tough. The WIZ already have the #2 pick and a fairly young team. My thought would be the kid they get at #2 is instantly in the rotation. Do they want to move Kuzma, can they and what do hey want in return? How long do they want to wait to start getting better or do they start tanking for next year?

A straight up trade doesn't seem to work but add a third team that wants Caruso, Vuc or even Lavine and has the future assets to send to WASH, name that team.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,299

Post#1088 » by prolific passer » Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
prolific passer wrote:Is there still any way we can get Deni from Washington?

I wish because I'd like to pair him with Patrick up front

It just seems tough. The WIZ already have the #2 pick and a fairly young team. My thought would be the kid they get at #2 is instantly in the rotation. Do they want to move Kuzma, can they and what do hey want in return? How long do they want to wait to start getting better or do they start tanking for next year?

A straight up trade doesn't seem to work but add a third team that wants Caruso, Vuc or even Lavine and has the future assets to send to WASH, name that team.

Should have traded for him 2 years ago.
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#1089 » by jump » Tue May 14, 2024 3:13 am

It sure would be nice if all the other teams would agree to the trades we Bulls fans want them to make.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#1090 » by Muzbar » Wed May 15, 2024 5:05 am

Mega trade idea.

Bulls receive:
CJ McCollum (NO)
DeAndre Hunter (Atl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)
2024 FRP (NO) either #17 or #21
2025 FRP (Atl via Sac)
2027 FRP (NO via Mil)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Brandon Ingram (NO)
Larry Nance (NO)

Pelicans receive:
Trae Young (Atl)
Clint Capela (Atl)
Jevon Carter (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)

I know many will shoot this down because it includes Caruso and not getting back 15 FRPs, but this let's the Bulls remain 'competitive' as the front office wants, adds a young player in need of new scenery and a few (potentially) FRPs.

Getting one of NOs picks in this draft allows to Bulls to add some size that will be available later in the first round. The Sac pick from Atlanta is protected 1-12 and then 1-10 so that's likely to convey and the Milwaukee pick in 2027 is completely unprotected.

Hunter is the only real negative asset coming across for the Bulls. McCollum can likely be flipped for more assets or can play with Coby and Ayo.

New Orleans retools around Zion with a passing and 3pt shooting PG in Trae and add defense with Caruso and Capela.

Atlanta run a line-up involving Ingram, LaVine and Murray plus keeping Jalen Johnson, Okongwu and Bogdanovic.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 661

Post#1091 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed May 15, 2024 10:51 am

Caruso to the Sixers for 16 and 3 second round picks is a deal too good not to happen. But it won't.
ROLES & HOLES
sco
RealGM

Post#1092 » by sco » Wed May 15, 2024 12:28 pm

Muzbar wrote:Mega trade idea.

Bulls receive:
CJ McCollum (NO)
DeAndre Hunter (Atl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)
2025 FRP (Atl via Sac)
2027 FRP (NO via Mil)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Brandon Ingram (NO)
Larry Nance (NO)

Pelicans receive:
Trae Young (Atl)
Clint Capela (Atl)
Jevon Carter (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)

I know many will shoot this down because it includes Caruso and not getting back 15 FRPs, but this let's the Bulls remain 'competitive' as the front office wants, adds a young player in need of new scenery and a few (potentially) FRPs.

Getting one of NOs picks in this draft allows to Bulls to add some size that will be available later in the first round. The Sac pick from Atlanta is protected 1-12 and then 1-10 so that's likely to convey and the Milwaukee pick in 2027 is completely unprotected.

Hunter is the only real negative asset coming across for the Bulls. McCollum can likely be flipped for more assets or can play with Coby and Ayo.

New Orleans retools around Zion with a passing and 3pt shooting PG in Trae and add defense with Caruso and Capela.

Atlanta run a line-up involving Ingram, LaVine and Murray plus keeping Jalen Johnson, Okongwu and Bogdanovic.

I don't think NO do the deal. They'd be giving up BI, CJ and 2 1sts for Trae and Caruso (and Capella, but he's trash). I put Trae and BI at about equal value, so that CJ and 2 1sts for the other guys. That said, I'd do that deal with only 1 of their 1sts coming back.
sco
RealGM

Post#1093 » by sco » Wed May 15, 2024 1:12 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:Caruso to the Sixers for 16 and 3 second round picks is a deal too good not to happen. But it won't.

I'd rather keep Caruso. #16 is unlikely to ever be as good as Caruso and those 3 2nd round picks are likely late ones and essentially useless.

IMO our best use of Caruso is to package him with our first or Por's 1st to try to nab a young player with upside like Kuminga or Reaves.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,941

Post#1094 » by ChettheJet » Wed May 15, 2024 2:15 pm

I don't mind the deal, the upside is getting a pick every other year, not 7 this year or in the 2030's

Hunter is fragile every year so he's half as valuable as he looks. I think I'd say yes if there's a way in place to re trade CJ. At his age and salary I don't think he's good next to Coby and Ayo who are at the point where they need to step up and control the ball and the game. That's how yo get Patrick Williams the touches he needs to step up, you find Vucevic if he stays and you don't have Julian Phillips standing around. I'd rather have two role player spot up shooter types like Luke Kennard or even THJ who aren't looking to be taking over the game and think all star nod.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#1095 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:21 pm

sco wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Mega trade idea.

Bulls receive:
CJ McCollum (NO)
DeAndre Hunter (Atl)
AJ Griffin (Atl)
2025 FRP (Atl via Sac)
2027 FRP (NO via Mil)

Hawks receive:
Zach LaVine (Chi)
Brandon Ingram (NO)
Larry Nance (NO)

Pelicans receive:
Trae Young (Atl)
Clint Capela (Atl)
Jevon Carter (Chi)
Alex Caruso (Chi)

I don't think NO do the deal. They'd be giving up BI, CJ and 2 1sts for Trae and Caruso (and Capella, but he's trash). I put Trae and BI at about equal value, so that CJ and 2 1sts for the other guys. That said, I'd do that deal with only 1 of their 1sts coming back.

BI has one year left on his deal no way he has that much value, CJ is negative value imo neutral at most. The Hawks would never consider it.
sco
RealGM

Post#1096 » by sco » Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 pm

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#1097 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu May 16, 2024 2:39 am

jump wrote:I think we could trade Vuc to the Warriors. He is much better than any C they've had in years. I think they would like his 45 double doubles. Question is for whom? Wiggins? (I think the Warriors are ready to deal him). A trade I would love is Vuc and Caruso for Wiggins, Loony and Kuminga, but I don't think the Dubs want to let Kuminga go. Would Vuc and Caruso for Wiggins, Loony (as Drummond's back up) and Podz be enough? I think Podz is a valuable addition. But he's not Kuminga level good.

Why the Hell would we want Wiggins? He is worse than Vuc on a much worse contract. And doesn’t address any needs.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#1098 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu May 16, 2024 2:42 am

sco wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:Caruso to the Sixers for 16 and 3 second round picks is a deal too good not to happen. But it won't.

I'd rather keep Caruso. #16 is unlikely to ever be as good as Caruso and those 3 2nd round picks are likely late ones and essentially useless.

IMO our best use of Caruso is to package him with our first or Por's 1st to try to nab a young player with upside like Kuminga or Reaves.

Problem is do we plan to resign Caruso after next season. If the answer isn’t a guaranteed yes then you trade him this offseason. Hell we should extend him now to be sure. Can’t let him walk for nothing.

I know AK only cares about next season though so it won’t be approached with any intelligence.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,924

Post#1099 » by RSP83 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:06 pm

Cavs situation is worth monitoring. Either Mitchell or Garland, I think we can explore offering Zach there. It should be a good situation for Zach as well going to a playoff team.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,079

Post#1100 » by Chi town » Thu May 16, 2024 3:57 pm

RSP83 wrote:Cavs situation is worth monitoring. Either Mitchell or Garland, I think we can explore offering Zach there. It should be a good situation for Zach as well going to a playoff team.

I don’t think AK will trade Zach to a EC playoff team. Most likely out west.

There will be lots of trades and I think AK will reshape the roster with trades and sending out our 11th pick.

Return to Chicago Bulls