Image ImageImage Image

Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Re: Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise 

Post#1081 » by D_GoLow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 pm

GloriaJames wrote:
GetSeven wrote:Noah to OKC & Harden to Chicago helps both teams

I don't think it helps OKC as much as it helps us. Harden is a super efficient, well-rounded shooting guard with more room for improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best or second best shooting guard in the league in a couple of years.
Noah, on the other hand, is a great defensive center who does all of the little things and has some semblance of an offensive game. A top 10 center no doubt, but he is who he is at this point, and his value is not the same as Harden's.

Chicago could always offer another asset (Mirotic or Charlotte's pick) to level it out, maybe other future draft picks.
This is not a moment, it's a movement
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#1082 » by blumeany » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 pm

GetSeven wrote:
blumeany wrote:And as far as Harden goes, we actually need a SG who will be able to make it to the Finals, so no. :D

This doesn't make any sense, didn't Harden make it to the Finals??

I was being facetious .

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
GloriaJames
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1083 » by GloriaJames » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 pm

GetSeven wrote:
GloriaJames wrote:
GetSeven wrote:Noah to OKC & Harden to Chicago helps both teams

I don't think it helps OKC as much as it helps us. Harden is a super efficient, well-rounded shooting guard with more room for improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best or second best shooting guard in the league in a couple of years.
Noah, on the other hand, is a great defensive center who does all of the little things and has some semblance of an offensive game. A top 10 center no doubt, but he is who he is at this point, and his value is not the same as Harden's.

Chicago could always offer another asset (Mirotic or Charlotte's pick) to level it out, maybe other future draft picks.

Maybe, but there would need to be extra players involved to make the salaries match. Also, the more I watch Mirotic play, the more I want the Bulls to keep him. This guy is the real deal and can only get better.
RichardsRival3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1084 » by RichardsRival3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:02 am

If Deng gets injured during the olympics do the Bulls have to pay him?
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#1085 » by blumeany » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:10 pm

RichardsRival3 wrote:If Deng gets injured during the olympics do the Bulls have to pay him?

I think that's what the insurance is for.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 484

Post#1086 » by SlimD235 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:21 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221775/Warriors_Talking_To_Denver_About_Swapping_No_7_For_Chandler
Per Wiretap: #7 for Wilson Chandler?

He makes $7.4M / yr until 2015. I'd probably go this route too over Deng.. :/
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#1087 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm

I think a possibility that we haven't really discussed is that teams just don't want Deng.

He's very injured, on a big contract, and offensively just came off a 42% shooting season.

I think the Bulls want to unload him in a pretty big way and no team really wants him.
Keith Bogans does his job. Boo Hoo. You want him to quit?
Bulls1983
Rookie
And1: 75

Post#1088 » by Bulls1983 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:46 pm

SlimD235 wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221775/Warriors_Talking_To_Denver_About_Swapping_No_7_For_Chandler

Deng is so much better than W. Chandler...i think we are underestimating Deng´s value.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#1089 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Wilson Chandler is a nice player and he makes less than Deng. I'd take Chandler over Deng all day if I was GSW
BULLHITTER
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#1090 » by BULLHITTER » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:50 pm

I think the Bulls want to unload him in a pretty big way and no team really wants him.

not if he was being paid this.
He makes $7.4M / yr until 2015. I'd probably go this route too over Deng.

if that's a slight toward deng, so be it, but honestly, chandler next to a creator at SG? how much worse could chandler's defense be? fwiw, he pretty much gets his shot the same as deng. on a respectable contract, he'd put up pretty much similar numbers as deng.

they view him as an essential piece therefore (bullspeak for untradeable), the bulls will "live" with deng, and fans will like it.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#1091 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:53 pm

For sure, Deng's contract plays a part in all of this.

I was just saying we as fans have been saying "this and this for Deng" when the reality might be that teams are scoffing at the thought of giving up a lottery pick for him.
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 484

Post#1092 » by SlimD235 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Bulls1983 wrote:
SlimD235 wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221775/Warriors_Talking_To_Denver_About_Swapping_No_7_For_Chandler

Deng is so much better than W. Chandler...i think we are underestimating Deng´s value.

W. Chandler makes nearly half as much per year as Deng...although not quite as productive or efficient.
That's all. Not underestimating Deng at all...just saying that Chandler is on a "friendlier" contract
Bulls1983
Rookie

Post#1093 » by Bulls1983 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Ron Harper wrote:For sure, Deng's contract plays a part in all of this.

I was just saying we as fans have been saying "this and this for Deng" when the reality might be that teams are scoffing at the thought of giving up a lottery pick for him.

Excluding maybe 2 or 3 players i dont see any other player doing what Deng does in terms of leadership, defense, willingness to do the dirty work without complaining, playing trough injuries etc.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#1094 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Bulls1983 wrote:

Excluding maybe 2 or 3 players i dont see any other player doing what Deng does in terms of leadership, defense, willingness to do the dirty work without complaining, playing trough injuries etc.

Yeah, but you didn't name a single productive thing. Teams don't trade lottery picks for glue guys. Especially glue guys that make as much money as Deng is making.

Personally that's a big reason that I want to trade Deng. I don't think he's in any way the leader of this team. I also think it could possibly be far from the truth. He shrinks in the playoffs.

I think Deng's value comes from his ability to eat up minutes. He will tighten up your team's rotation and remove any worry from the 3 spot...while he is healthy.

Us Bulls fans have come to view Deng in a different light since Thibs has come around. We were able to shift our focus from his lack of production, or at the very least his inconsistent production to his solid intangibles.

But he's the same Deng we've always had, save for an improved 3 point shot. Inconsistent production and a very solid role player. Is that worth a lottery pick to non Bulls fans? Probably not.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#1095 » by ChicagoStrong » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Ron Harper wrote:He shrinks in the playoffs.

His playoff averages are better than his career averages.
Bulls1983
Rookie

Post#1096 » by Bulls1983 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Ron Harper wrote:
Bulls1983 wrote:

Yeah, but you didn't name a single productive thing. Teams don't trade lottery picks for glue guys. Especially glue guys that make as much money as Deng is making.

Personally that's a big reason that I want to trade Deng. I don't think he's in any way the leader of this team. I also think it could possibly be far from the truth. He shrinks in the playoffs.

I think Deng's value comes from his ability to eat up minutes. He will tighten up your team's rotation and remove any worry from the 3 spot...while he is healthy.

Us Bulls fans have come to view Deng in a different light since Thibs has come around. We were able to shift our focus from his lack of production, or at the very least his inconsistent production to his solid intangibles.

But he's the same Deng we've always had, save for an improved 3 point shot. Inconsistent production and a very solid role player. Is that worth a lottery pick to non Bulls fans? Probably not.

Defense and leadership are productive things. The fact that you don´t see them in box scores doesnt mean they dont translate into production in the end of the day.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#1097 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 pm

ChicagoStrong wrote:
Ron Harper wrote:He shrinks in the playoffs.

His playoff averages are better than his career averages.

And? Tell me when he starts looking at the rim in the 4th quarter.

Actually, just let me know when he looks like he is at all interested in putting the ball into the cup come playoff time.

There was one Philly game this postseason he looked to shoot. One!

And last years ECF...I don't think either of us want to get started on that nonsense. He almost quite literally didn't face the basket at all series in the 4th.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#1098 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Like I said, I don't really see him as a leader.

This is Rose's team. Noah is pretty vocal. Deng is just a man working hard. That's very respectable for sure, but he isn't the leader of this team.

And yes, Deng is a very good defender.
Tay
Senior
And1: 74

Post#1099 » by Tay » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Denver is taking back salary in that deal. That's not something we are looking to do. I think Deng is a valuable asset, we'll find out how valuable he is in the next 27 hrs.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#1100 » by Ron Harper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Tay wrote:Denver is taking back salary in that deal. That's not something we are looking to do. I think Deng is a valuable asset, we'll find out how valuable he is in the next 27 hrs.

Really hope we can get something nice in return. I think in a lot of the rumors involving Deng he is the best player in the deal, but I'm asking does that excite teams?

Is someone like TOR saying to themselves "we are going to make these moves and give up the #8 and end up with Deng"...I'm starting to think that's a stretch.

Return to Chicago Bulls