Image ImageImage Image

Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Irregular
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise 

Post#1121 » by Irregular » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 am

Bulls can keep Deng, Boozer, and Noah together at the cost of their bench, or they can pay the tax with Deng and Rose missing part of the season, and still be missing a number 2 scorer.

Bulls need to make a move to get some more scorers as everyone knows by now.
Irregular
Banned User

Post#1122 » by Irregular » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:05 am

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:I don't think the Bulls are simply trying to unload Deng because of the tax. I believe that Deng is no longer in their future plans & they don't plan to re-sign him in two years.

It's better to get something for him now.

That is correct and that the Bulls feel like Deng has reached his peak at a NBA player.
mschmidt64
Senior
And1: 231

Post#1123 » by mschmidt64 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:07 am

Irregular wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:I don't think the Bulls are simply trying to unload Deng because of the tax. I believe that Deng is no longer in their future plans & they don't plan to re-sign him in two years.

It's better to get something for him now.

That is correct and that the Bulls feel like Deng has reached his peak at a NBA player.

And so if you can turn him into a cornerstone piece like Barnes or MKG, why would they let something as simple as taking back Salmons' contract prevent them from doing that?

In a year they can pawn Salmons off on someone else if they have to. Come on.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#1124 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:07 am

Irregular wrote: .... and that the Bulls feel like Deng has reached his peak at a NBA player.

You know this how?
Irregular
Banned User

Post#1125 » by Irregular » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 am

aaqubed wrote:When it comes to trading Noah and starting Asik, it really depends on what we're talking about in terms of return. I would definitely be for trading Noah if it meant getting a stud SG back. If we can turn Noah and the Bobcats' pick into Eric Gordon or James Harden, I'd definitely do that. Rose/Gordon/Deng/Boozer/Asik is more than enough offense to cover up Asik's deficiencies.

It's a much tougher decision if you're talking about someone like Kevin Martin, who, while good, is probably not a legit #2 option on a championship contender.

It would be easy to trade Noah if Asik was able to score some points, and be able to catch passes.

Noah seems a better fit at PF on some another team.
Irregular
Banned User

Post#1126 » by Irregular » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 am

ChicagoStrong wrote:
Irregular wrote: .... and that the Bulls feel like Deng has reached his peak at a NBA player.

You know this how?

You feel like Deng is going to be superstar at the age of 27?
ChicagoStrong
General Manager

Post#1127 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 am

Irregular wrote:
ChicagoStrong wrote:

You know this how?

You feel like Deng is going to be superstar at the age of 27?

He doesn't have to be one.
PJ Brown
Lead Assistant
And1: 84

Post#1128 » by PJ Brown » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:13 am

Deng probably won't play better than he did in the first half of this past season, but some people have a pretty twisted view of what that means. He has reached his ceiling, but to hear some posters they better move him now because it's all down hill from here, when the truth is he could easily be that good for another four years, maybe five or six.
WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#1129 » by WinCity » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 am

PJ Brown wrote:Deng probably won't play better than he did in the first half of this past season, but some people have a pretty twisted view of what that means. He has reached his ceiling, but to hear some posters they better move him now because it's all down hill from here, when the truth is he could easily be that good for another four years, maybe five or six.

Even so wouldnt be good enough to win a title with as our 2nd option. Even the best case wouldnt get us where we want to go.
Vicino
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#1130 » by Vicino » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 am

If we don't move one of our key guys (sans DRose) tomorrow for some younger/more-upside talent...I'm going to be very sad - But can't say I'd be surprised.

GarPax (especially Pax) has really had a below-average run if you think about it. If you take away Stern giving us Derrick (which is what he undoubtedly did by the way) they've created a mediocre boarder-line playoff team (pathetic in the Eastern Conference) - In a major market with a storied franchise and an owner that spends money (though not as much as people, including me would like) is unacceptable.

Yes hiring Thibs and drafting Jokim/Taj and even Omer was genius - Those are overshadowed by Tyrus Thomas, James Johnson (though I must admit they've been above avg in draft department).

But GarPax's lack of any kind of forward thinking continues to put us in a bad spot. I respect them for going for LeBron, but losing BG was a tough blow considering we can't find a 2-Guard to save our lives.

Boozer was a terrible mistake, I thought so right away, even though I thought he's still be better than the patheticness he's shown. Rip was a bad mistake: Why are you filling out a roster and overpaying for an over-the-hill living legend when you should be building around Derrick with younger players (at least in there late 20s). ESPECIALLY considering Crawford, Nick Young and Mayo were had/available for peanuts and cashews.

Derrick's window isn't closing, if management doesn't get going with rebuilding on the fly this ship will sink faster than anyone expects.

I can't wait until tomorrow night!!
Irregular
Banned User

Post#1131 » by Irregular » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 am

Vicino wrote:If we don't move one of our key guys (sans DRose) tomorrow for some younger/more-upside talent...I'm going to be very sad - But can't say I'd be surprised.

GarPax (especially Pax) has really had a below-average run if you think about it. If you take away Stern giving us Derrick (which is what he undoubtedly did by the way) they've created a mediocre boarder-line playoff team (pathetic in the Eastern Conference) - In a major market with a storied franchise and an owner that spends money (though not as much as people, including me would like) is unacceptable.

Yes hiring Thibs and drafting Jokim/Taj and even Omer was genius - Those are overshadowed by Tyrus Thomas, James Johnson (though I must admit they've been above avg in draft department).

But GarPax's lack of any kind of forward thinking continues to put us in a bad spot. I respect them for going for LeBron, but losing BG was a tough blow considering we can't find a 2-Guard to save our lives.

Boozer was a terrible mistake, I thought so right away, even though I thought he's still be better than the patheticness he's shown. Rip was a bad mistake: Why are you filling out a roster and overpaying for an over-the-hill living legend when you should be building around Derrick with younger players (at least in there late 20s). ESPECIALLY considering Crawford, Nick Young and Mayo were had/available for peanuts and cashews.

Derrick's window isn't closing, if management doesn't get going with rebuilding on the fly this ship will sink faster than anyone expects.

I like this post! More people are seeing the light.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager

Post#1132 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 am

Vicino wrote:GarPax (especially Pax) has really had a below-average run if you think about it.

:rofl:

Bulls record since 2004-05: 364 - 276.

I guess you liked the 119 - 331 from 1998-99 to 2003-04.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,930

Post#1133 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29 am

GarPax are far above average when it comes to GMs.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,776

Post#1134 » by kyrv » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 am

Vicino wrote:If we don't move one of our key guys (sans DRose) tomorrow for some younger/more-upside talent...I'm going to be very sad - But can't say I'd be surprised.

You'll be sad if they don't get worse tomorrow? Wait - what?

GarPax (especially Pax) has really had a below-average run if you think about it.

Please think about it a little more.

If you take away Stern giving us Derrick (which is what he undoubtedly did by the way)) they've created a mediocre boarder-line playoff team (pathetic in the Eastern Conference) - In a major market with a storied franchise and an owner that spends money (though not as much as people, including me would like) is unacceptable.

Huh? They had the best record in the league two seasons in a row. I would think a fan would like that. In fact I'm fairly certain of it.

Yes hiring Thibs and drafting Jokim/Taj and even Omer was genius -

Painful to admit no doubt.

Those are overshadowed by Tyrus Thomas, James Johnson (though I must admit they've been above avg in draft department).

Try again. They got #1's for both of those players, and even without regard to that return, you don't *really* think that Tyrus and JJ overshadow Thibs/Rose/Deng/Noah/Taj/Omer/Mirotic? You don't really think that, right?

But GarPax's lack of any kind of forward thinking continues to put us in a bad spot.

The lack of forward thinking, including signing reserve players to 2-3 year deals instead of long, bad deals?

I respect them for going for LeBron, but losing BG was a tough blow considering we can't find a 2-Guard to save our lives.

Losing BG was a tough blow? To who? The Bulls have a SG, and not one on a horrible contract.

Boozer was a terrible mistake,

No. No, he wasn't. You do know the Bulls had the best record in the league the past two seasons right?

I thought so right away,

You were shown to be wrong.

even though I thought he's still be better than the patheticness he's shown.

He hasn't been pathetic.

Rip was a bad mistake:

No. No, he wasn't.

Why are you filling out a roster and overpaying for an over-the-hill living legend

They didn't do that.

when you should be building around Derrick with younger players (at least in there late 20s). ESPECIALLY considering Crawford, Nick Young and Mayo were had/available for peanuts and cashews.

None of those players are that good, and no, they weren't available for peanuts and cashews. What does 'there late 20s' mean? Where late 20's?

Derrick's window isn't closing,

I agree!

if management doesn't get going with rebuilding on the fly this ship will sink faster than anyone expects.

Nah. But Charlotte just needs to get JJ to put with Gordon and Tyrus and they become co-favorites with the cHeat.

K
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 471

Post#1135 » by Future Coach » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:34 am

If the Bulls managed the team properly, Deng is actually fairly evenly paid for a role that best suits him and the team.

It is Boozer's contract that is designated for the #2 option, not Deng. Until this team manages the Boozer situation properly, it would require more luck than anything else for this team to get to the mountain top.
Vicino
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#1136 » by Vicino » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm

kyrv wrote:

You'll be sad if they don't get worse tomorrow? Wait - what?

Good one Brah - Real knee slapper

If you take away Stern giving us Derrick (which is what he undoubtedly did by the way)) they've created a mediocre boarder-line playoff team (pathetic in the Eastern Conference) - In a major market with a storied franchise and an owner that spends money (though not as much as people, including me would like) is unacceptable.

Huh? They had the best record in the league two seasons in a row. I would think a fan would like that. In fact I'm fairly certain of it.

Your main argument throughout this babble is that the Bulls had the best record in the league 2 seasons in a row - WHO CARES?! If the last 2 season haven't proven to you the significant difference between the regular season and the post-season, and how little home-court advantage really matters, then you're probably beyond helping.

Yes hiring Thibs and drafting Jokim/Taj and even Omer was genius -

Painful to admit no doubt.

Nope not at all - I'm being objective

Those are overshadowed by Tyrus Thomas, James Johnson (though I must admit they've been above avg in draft department).

Try again. They got #1's for both of those players, and even without regard to that return, you don't *really* think that Tyrus and JJ overshadow Thibs/Rose/Deng/Noah/Taj/Omer/Mirotic? You don't really think that, right?

Read the post - I said they have been above avg in the draft.

But GarPax's lack of any kind of forward thinking continues to put us in a bad spot.

The lack of forward thinking, including signing reserve players to 2-3 year deals instead of long, bad deals?

That is a good point, and obviously the Charlotte pick would fall under "forward thinking" lol. I think I probably should have said their lack of balls - This team hasn't taken a risk since going all in for LeBron/Wade, and that wasn't a risk by any stretch of the imagination.

I respect them for going for LeBron, but losing BG was a tough blow considering we can't find a 2-Guard to save our lives.

Losing BG was a tough blow? To who? The Bulls have a SG, and not one on a horrible contract.

You think Rip is on a good contract :roll: Ok bro. I'm sure you'll be thinking differently midway through this season when Rip has played 4 games and is shooting 22% from the field.

Boozer was a terrible mistake,

No. No, he wasn't. You do know the Bulls had the best record in the league the past two seasons right?

And there goes every last shred of your credibility - And back to this whole best record in the league thing again - You're not an attorney so I won't hold it against you, but here's your gaping flaw in reasoning: How in hell are you correlating the Bulls record in the Regular Season with whether Boozer was a mistake? Who knows what our record would be if Boozer wasn't stealing minutes from Taj/Omer/and even Jokim? This actually isn't worth arguing about it's so fricken mindless.

I thought so right away,

You were shown to be wrong.

even though I thought he's still be better than the patheticness he's shown.

He hasn't been pathetic.

Ok I'm starting to think you're just trying to spark a dialogue and that you don't actually believe the words your typing. Say "Boozer wasn't a mistake" 10x fast without starting to cry or puke...see bro, you can't do it.

Why are you filling out a roster and overpaying for an over-the-hill living legend

They didn't do that.

So Rip Hamilton isn't over the hill? So his stats haven't decreased each of the last 3 seasons? So he can stay in-front of a potted plant?

when you should be building around Derrick with younger players (at least in there late 20s). ESPECIALLY considering Crawford, Nick Young and Mayo were had/available for peanuts and cashews.

None of those players are that good, and no, they weren't available for peanuts and cashews. What does 'there late 20s' mean? Where late 20's?

Late 20's is the max-AGE of the players we should be courting/trading for/signing. :o

Derrick's window isn't closing,

I agree!
ChicagoStrong
General Manager

Post#1137 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Vicino wrote:You think Rip is on a good contract :roll: Ok bro. I'm sure you'll be thinking differently midway through this season when Rip has played 4 games and is shooting 22% from the field.

:lol:

2012-13 : 5,000,000
2013-14 : 5,000,000 (Unguaranteed)

So essentially, he as one year left.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#1138 » by AAU Teammate » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 pm

While I used to joust with kyrv regularly--and yes his posting style still leaves some room to improve as paragraphs sometimes are Rick Telander like smug one-liners-- I have to say I now agree with him on most things, beyond bulls specifics...also the general need to kick some people's rear ends here.

It's one thing to make your posting sound high and mighty but it's another to sit back & allow this place to be a wrong-information-zone 24/7. Mods enforce the rules but, separately, someone has to squash bad opinions. Otherwise it's not a message board.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#1139 » by Narf » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:40 pm

While Deng is good, he's damaged goods right now and whoever gets him basically will have to wait for his recovery before playing him. With Rose injured, Chicago doesn't care as much, but I have to think it effects his value in trade.

And as long as I'm here, here's my crappy trade idea:
Barea or Ridnour, Beasley (S+T), Memphis 2013 1st
for
Deng

Basically you get a stopgap PG who will be a very good backup when Rose comes back, a young player with a little upside left (Beasley) who's more offense than defense, and a future first.

The Wolves just traded for a stopgap SF (Budinger) and are more concerned with building a core for the next 4 years (that is, we expect to make the playoffs next year but not be contenders until the year after that at the earliest).

This trade can't happen until mid-July, but it seems to fit both team's directions this year.

Good? Bad?
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#1140 » by AAU Teammate » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I am not hating that but maybe Derrick Williams is more realistic..

Return to Chicago Bulls