Image ImageImage Image

Pete Myers Finally Off of Staff

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,262

Re: Pete Myers Finally Off of Staff 

Post#16 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Fine, I'll be the 1st to say it.

Bout damn time.

Why? We don't know what he did for the team and players, so to say that it's about damn time is way naive.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
davhern
Assistant Coach
And1: 245

Post#17 » by davhern » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 am

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Thibs was going to keep him - I believe this is Myers making the decision to move to the front office.

Except that's not at all what KC is reporting.
Legendary 33
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#18 » by Legendary 33 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:51 am

Friend_Of_Haley wrote:Wade was right!

Myers, who informed several players of Thibodeau's decision late Wednesday, might move to the Bulls' front office, where he has worked before.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 906

Post#19 » by Evil_Headband » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:54 am

I'm in the camp that thinks the head coach should be able to choose his own assistants. If Thibs thinks he can upgrade, fine by me.
bdiddy04
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#20 » by bdiddy04 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:55 am

Give it to a seasoned vet or Pip if he wants it.
Luol Deng's contract is a cancer eating at the Bulls.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#21 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:57 am

Pong-Man83 wrote:

Bout damn time.

Why? We don't know what he did for the team and players, so to say that it's about damn time is way naive.

Right. With the limited knowledge of Pete Myers (through interviews) that I had to work with, I never came off with the impression that he was...hmm...how do I say this...a bright mind.

I could just not comment, nor should anyone that doesn't work with the Bulls I suppose. But thats no fun. I don't think we want a thread where Dougthonus is talking to himself. Or maybe we do. :o
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#22 » by Payt10 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 am

What was Pete Myers job anyways?
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#23 » by pduh01 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:02 am

I actually surprise with this, who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

I wonder who will be his replacement? Stacy King maybe? :P :lol:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,316

Post#24 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 am

This obviously is a sign that MJ is back.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
deadstock_bM
Starter

Post#25 » by deadstock_bM » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:09 am

:O Thibs getting serious.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#26 » by Three34 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:15 am

Bout damn time.

Do you have any idea why you're saying it?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,262

Post#27 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:21 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Pong-Man83 wrote:

Bout damn time.

Right. With the limited knowledge of Pete Myers (through interviews) that I had to work with, I never came off with the impression that he was...hmm...how do I say this...a bright mind.

I could just not comment, nor should anyone that doesn't work with the Bulls I suppose. But thats no fun. I don't think we want a thread where Dougthonus is talking to himself. Or maybe we do. :o

Why he didn't speak well enough for you? Obviously he did do things that kept him on the staff, and it's looking like he's moving up with the organization more so then him just being "let go"

You can make any comments you want I guess, but commenting without knowledge can make you look foolish.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
davhern
Assistant Coach
And1: 245

Post#28 » by davhern » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 am

Pong-Man83 wrote:Why he didn't speak well enough for you? Obviously he did do things that kept him on the staff, and it's looking like he's moving up with the organization more so then him just being "let go"

You can make any comments you want I guess, but commenting without knowledge can make you look foolish.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It appears that Thibs didn't want him on the staff... the move within the organization is likely more a "keeping him around because JR is an incredibly loyal guy..." thing than a promotion. If it were a promotion, it would've been done before and the story wouldn't be that Thibs is dropping him from the staff.

It's pretty usual for JR to give his guys jobs for as long as they want them.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#29 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:28 am

Pong-Man83 wrote:Why he didn't speak well enough for you? Obviously he did do things that kept him on the staff, and it's looking like he's moving up with the organization more so then him just being "let go"

I don't see it to be any different than posters disliking a player like KG for his few on court actions or statements. Or Lebron for his statements. They have drawn conclusions and dislike him based on the limited knowledge they have of him as a person.

You can disagree with my stance altogether. But the process of how I came to the stance is a common one. Just simply uncommon in the context of this situation.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,833

Post#30 » by fleet » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:29 am

In another staff development, sources said Rick Brunson could land a player development role

thats the real news. More Brunson for your pleasure.
IWannaGoHIGHER
Veteran
And1: 326

Post#31 » by IWannaGoHIGHER » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:34 am

Evil_Headband wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks the head coach should be able to choose his own assistants. If Thibs thinks he can upgrade, fine by me.

I am with you. Myers is a good guy I am sure the Bulls FO will find something for him.

Tibs, Adams, Greer, and maybe add a coach with a offense background and I think were good to go . I never got the point of all the point of all these asst coaches anyway.
Logohol
Junior
And1: 86

Post#32 » by Logohol » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:35 am

Pete Myers... Pete and Pete... Nickelodeon...Nick Cannon... MTV... La La... THE BULLS ARE GETTING CARMELO ANTHONY!
Flight 23
Banned User

Post#33 » by Flight 23 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:36 am

With Pippen going into the HOF this would be perfect.

I just hope Myers wasn't fired without there being a FO job for him. We may need an interim coach in the future anyway.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 906

Post#34 » by Evil_Headband » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:38 am

Myers seems to be a nice guy that related well to the players. As Chicago-Bull-E mentioned, he doesn't seem to be a particularly cerebral guy, however. I'm sure many of us have winced listening to him in interviews.
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 240

Post#35 » by Risk Addict » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:40 am

yeah, pete wasn't exactly the most inspirational guy. He wasn't a world beater as a player, and his interviews were always so lame. he never said anything a casual fan couldn't figure out. it was never insightful.. always just "we need to rebound more" without an actual gameplan of how to accomplish that task. It seemed like he was there more to relate to the players and be the "good cop" to vinny and skiles "bad cop". Our team is old enough now that that role is less important, and if we can fill that spot with an offensive mind, I think it is a great move.

I felt he was on the bench more out of obligation to a former player than because of what he had to offer. We actually take real good care of our former players from the 90s. BJ, Pax, Randy Brown, Pete Myers, Scottie Pippen, Will Purdue, Bill Wennington, Stacy King, Kendall Gill, Bill Cartwright... NVL, Johnny Red Kerr. We handled the Jay Williams fiasco rather diplomatically. B/c we are so generous, it was hard for me to believe that Pete was actually anything more than a "company guy" hire. If we had been more selective in our hiring of former players, I might support those who are defending Pete, but as it stands, I tend to agree with the minority on this one.

Return to Chicago Bulls