Image ImageImage Image

Bears 6.0 - Bear Witness to their 1st elite offense

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,605

Re: Bears 6.0 - Bear Witness to their 1st elite offense 

Post#161 » by Jimako10 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:48 am

Finishing the season at Lambeau...I am hype.
DropStep
Junior
And1: 166

Post#162 » by DropStep » Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 am

dougthonus wrote:
DropStep wrote:That's awesome. I didn't know you GOT completely amped. :lol:

To be fair, me being completely amped is probably similar to Bill Belichek smiling.

For me, there are two best times to be a fan: A) when you're at the top, and B) when you're still bad and haven't accomplished anything, but you get some talent around the locker room, bring in some youth with real potential, and start gaining momentum toward building something special. Maybe this could be the latter?

Agree completely. Who knows if this will end up special, but you sure can see how it might be.

(Well, it's pretty great when your babies start maturing into potential champions, too. So three great times to be a fan I guess. lol)

Yeah, really it's just all 3 part of the same cycle:
1: When it's obvious the momentum is forming
2: Watching that team grow and mature and improve
3: Eventually getting to the top of the mountain and winning

You hope to experience all 3, but even just #1 and #2 if you never get a title are still enjoyable.

Yep. You can enjoy 1 for a while by itself, or 1 and 2, thinking you might be going somewhere (Rose/Noah/Deng Bulls). Obviously the best is 1 and 2 followed by 3.

The worst in some order are a) none of the above, and, b) wandering back and forth in the land between the void and 1, or 1 and 2 endlessly (Pistons, maybe).

All we're getting out of the Bulls lately is a bit of #2, so to speak. Which is better than nothing, I guess.

I think given truth serum, Heat fans will tell you they are keeping their #3s with LeBron, but it's a bit less gratifying without the journey of 1 and 2. At least they had Wade and Haslem as some sort of a through line, but still.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,967
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#163 » by MalagaBulls » Thu May 16, 2024 12:53 pm

Big F you to the NFL. No way I'm dishing out €500 for nosebleed rafter seats for the 13 Oct Tottenham game. Much better to stay home and watch on the 60 inch telli. That lasted all of 30 seconds after consulting 2 sites!!
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,511

Post#164 » by jnrjr79 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:54 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Big F you to the NFL. No way I'm dishing out €500 for nosebleed rafter seats for the 13 Oct Tottenham game. Much better to stay home and watch on the 60 inch telli. That lasted all of 30 seconds after consulting 2 sites!!

Not sure where you're seeing those tickets at that price. They don't go on sale until June:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-to-face-jaguars-in-london-oct-13-date-time-nfl-schedule-tickets-international-game
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,967
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#165 » by MalagaBulls » Thu May 16, 2024 2:42 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Big F you to the NFL. No way I'm dishing out €500 for nosebleed rafter seats for the 13 Oct Tottenham game. Much better to stay home and watch on the 60 inch telli. That lasted all of 30 seconds after consulting 2 sites!!

Not sure where you're seeing those tickets at that price. They don't go on sale until June:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-to-face-jaguars-in-london-oct-13-date-time-nfl-schedule-tickets-international-game
Tickets are available on viagogo & vividseats for those prices.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#166 » by jnrjr79 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:57 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Got it. You probably want to wait for the public onsale before coming to any conclusion here. Not surprising what tickets are on reseller sites right now would be marked up.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,701

Post#167 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:19 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Got it. You probably want to wait for the public onsale before coming to any conclusion here. Not surprising what tickets are on reseller sites right now would be marked up.

Bears tickets at Soldier were high too. Looked last night and $250 - $325 after fees and taxes for the nosebleeds. That's a no from me.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,278

Post#168 » by TheJordanRule » Thu May 16, 2024 3:29 pm

David Kenyon, a journalist from Bleacher Report, thinks that we're one of the Top 3 most overrated teams in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/chicago-bears/roster-overrated-williams-odunze-jones-ngakoue/

David Kenyon wrote:"The problem is Chicago must navigate a division with the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers. Taking on the NFC West likely won't help the Bears in wild-card tiebreakers, and last year's defensive surge coincided with playing four of the NFL's worst offenses."

We still need a C and edge rusher, but aside from that, what else can we complain about? The roster, aside from those two holes, is about as complete as its ever been.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#169 » by jnrjr79 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:48 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Tickets are available on viagogo & vividseats for those prices.

Bears tickets at Soldier were high too. Looked last night and $250 - $325 after fees and taxes for the nosebleeds. That's a no from me.

Yeah, the public onsale was last night via Ticketmaster for what few non-season-ticketholder tickets exist. But this early before the season and with all the Caleb/general team excitement, this makes sense. It also doesn't help the Bears have the smallest stadium in the NFL!

I expect if you're going to find deals this season, it's going to be at the last minute for a bad-weather game or it'll be because (but hopefully not!) the Bears end up sucking.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,986

Post#170 » by dougthonus » Thu May 16, 2024 4:06 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:David Kenyon, a journalist from Bleacher Report, thinks that we're one of the Top 3 most overrated teams in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/chicago-bears/roster-overrated-williams-odunze-jones-ngakoue/

David Kenyon wrote:"The problem is Chicago must navigate a division with the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers. Taking on the NFC West likely won't help the Bears in wild-card tiebreakers, and last year's defensive surge coincided with playing four of the NFL's worst offenses."

We still need a C and edge rusher, but aside from that, what else can we complain about? The roster, aside from those two holes, is about as complete as its ever been.

I'm not sure how highly anyone rates the Bears this coming year.

I'm excited about having a franchise QB and stud WRs and a modern offense, and a continue building towards a great team. I'm not sure how many people expect that to all come together this year though. I don't expect them to make the playoffs this year.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#171 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu May 16, 2024 5:07 pm

dougthonus wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:David Kenyon, a journalist from Bleacher Report, thinks that we're one of the Top 3 most overrated teams in the NFL.

I'm excited about having a franchise QB and stud WRs and a modern offense, and a continue building towards a great team. I'm not sure how many people expect that to all come together this year though. I don't expect them to make the playoffs this year.

I guess it really all depends on how many wins one thinks it will take to make the playoffs this year. Most places that I’ve seen have the Bears between 8-9 wins this year, which I think is about right.

3-3 in the division (give or take one either way)
2-2 against the AFC South
2-0 against Washington and Carolina
1-3 against the NFC south
1-0 against the Patriots

That’s 9-8. Of course, we could underperform in our own division. But that could very well be offset by overperforming a bit against the AFC south. Could we make the playoffs? Sure, as long as 9 wins gets you there. But it’s also possible that it may not. Either way, I don’t think the Bears are overrated.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#172 » by jnrjr79 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:19 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I guess it really all depends on how many wins one thinks it will take to make the playoffs this year. Most places that I’ve seen have the Bears between 8-9 wins this year, which I think is about right.

3-3 in the division (give or take one either way)
2-2 against the AFC South
2-0 against Washington and Carolina
1-3 against the NFC south
1-0 against the Patriots

That’s 9-8. Of course, we could underperform in our own division. But that could very well be offset by overperforming a bit against the AFC south. Could we make the playoffs? Sure, as long as 9 wins gets you there. But it’s also possible that it may not. Either way, I don’t think the Bears are overrated.

FWIW, BetRivers is consistent with this right now. It has the Bears o/u at 8.5 wins, finishing third in the division, and -104 to make the playoffs.

A fringe playoff team also seems to be the general media consensus these days.

If anything, I think o/u 8.5 wins may be a little underrated given what this team has added and its 7 wins last year. It's a tough division, but it was also a tough division last year. Minnesota has likely taken a step back, but GB and Detroit should be strong.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,940

Post#173 » by TheSuzerain » Thu May 16, 2024 5:27 pm

We have both a starting and backup Center. Why do people keep saying that lol.

FAs I'd still consider:

1) Buy low on injured OL who are young/talented: Mekhi Becton (or I guess Connor Williams)

2) Sign some pass rush: Fletcher Cox, Carl Lawson, Calais Campbell
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,700

Post#174 » by sco » Thu May 16, 2024 5:28 pm

dougthonus wrote:

I am with you. Although I will quibble about having a franchise QB. We have a potential franchise QB. IMO, the difference between potential and reality should look at PWill.
:clap:
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,605

Post#175 » by Jimako10 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:25 pm

If Caleb lives up to the hype, I see 11-12 wins.

If Caleb has some growing pains, but overall is still pretty good, I see 9-10 wins.

If Caleb is an inconsistent turnover machine.....then the QB curse is real.

No amount of luck can overcome it.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#176 » by Dominator83 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:27 pm

sco wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I am with you. Although I will quibble about having a franchise QB. We have a potential franchise QB. IMO, the difference between potential and reality should look at PWill.

While I agree, Pwill was a reach from day 1
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,986

Post#177 » by dougthonus » Thu May 16, 2024 6:40 pm

sco wrote:I am with you. Although I will quibble about having a franchise QB. We have a potential franchise QB. IMO, the difference between potential and reality should look at PWill.

I agree. The potential of a legit franchise QB. Probably a better comparison is someone like Zion, Wall, or Kyrie. Like a guy you think is likely to be a star, but not quite at the LeBron/Wemby level.

No one rational viewed PWill as franchise player. He was mocked at 12th before we drafted him. It was just an insane amount of people talking themselves into him after he became a Bull. If he were literally on any other team in the league, 90% of Bulls fans wouldn't have ever thought he was a guy with appreciable upside.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#178 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu May 16, 2024 7:57 pm

I think having the divisional games backloaded could work out well for us, hopefully any growing pains can be worked out by then.

Mainly I'm just glad to have the season not start with GB.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,781

Post#179 » by Jeffster81 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:30 pm

The dude is trying to make Detroit and Green Bay out to be the NFC North version of Kansas City. The Bears went 1-1 (though they should have swept them) and Green Bay finished the year at 9-8. Both have talented rosters (As do the Bears and Vikings) but neither has a hold on the division. Basically, if you are calling the Bears overrated, then what do you call Green Bay and Detroit?

I don't see the NFC Champ winning more than 10 games this. Not because the division sucks but because the division is tightly bunch and you could argue any of the four teams could win the division. In fact, I could see three NFC North teams making the playoffs.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,954

Post#180 » by biggestbullsfan » Thu May 16, 2024 8:53 pm

dougthonus wrote:

Read on Twitter

You probably don’t wanna see this take then lol

Return to Chicago Bulls