Image ImageImage Image

Sam Smith says Noah for Melo trade a fabrication...

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

HoopsPro
Banned User
And1: 0

Sam Smith says Noah for Melo trade a fabrication... 

Post#1 » by HoopsPro » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:02 am

Looks like some websites are looking to increase traffic hits according to Smith...

"Carmelo Anthony is not going to be with the Bulls.

First—and they can be troubling when there are so many good stories floating around—the Nuggets have not discussed trading Anthony with any team. Not one. No name mentioned in trade. They haven’t even talked with Anthony yet about his desires. I hate being the fact police. But most of the sports sites are too busy mining for hits over facts.

First, let me deal with this Noah nonsense. The Bulls are not trading Noah. Nor should they. They are engaged in contract extension talks, and I assume Noah signs at some point before the season rather than risk going into a lockout year and a new collective bargaining agreement that could severely depress salaries".

http://blogs.bulls.com/2010/09/im-back- ... o-carmelo/
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Re: Sam Smith says Noah for Melo trade a fabrication... 

Post#2 » by LoveDaBoo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:08 am

You gotta love the media today. So thoroughly unaccountable, you really have no idea what to believe.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
NoahsArk
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#3 » by NoahsArk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:13 am

THANK THE BASED LORD!

Relief.
I would probably pass out if we ever won a championship in Chicago—just black out, man. I think the city needs it, man. We’ve been waiting for a long time. - Drose
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 550

Post#4 » by jStuNNa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 am

Though it would feel great not to believe Sam Smith, his argument is very valid. Yahoo, ESPN, etc really make a killing in terms of hits to their websites when these types of circumstances arise. It makes perfect sense that they could possibly fabricate, or at least exaggerate reports, in order to fuel interest and hits.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#5 » by pduh01 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 am

jStuNNa wrote:Though it would feel great not to believe Sam Smith, his argument is very valid. Yahoo, ESPN, etc really make a killing in terms of hits to their websites when these types of circumstances arise. It makes perfect sense that they could possibly fabricate, or at least exaggerate reports, in order to fuel interest and hits.

Good point.

Look at the whole Lebron James fiasco this past summer :lol:
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#6 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 am

pduh01 wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:Though it would feel great not to believe Sam Smith, his argument is very valid. Yahoo, ESPN, etc really make a killing in terms of hits to their websites when these types of circumstances arise. It makes perfect sense that they could possibly fabricate, or at least exaggerate reports, in order to fuel interest and hits.

Good point.

Both of you are right, but at least it gives us something to debate...lol.
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 550

Post#7 » by jStuNNa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:21 am

pduh01 wrote:

Good point.

Imagine how much money a sports news service like ESPN made off of the "Free Agency Event of the Century" this summer. Oh they're drooling and biting at any chance they have to pimp the likes of Carmelo or Chris Paul to cap off what has been a capitalizing summer for them.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#8 » by pduh01 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 am

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
pduh01 wrote:

Good point.

Both of you are right, but at least it gives us something to debate...lol.

Yep :lol: And a headace probably a good time to get drunk as well :lol:

jStuNNa wrote:
pduh01 wrote:

Good point.

Imagine how much money a sports news service like ESPN made off of the "Free Agency Event of the Century" this summer. Oh they're drooling and biting at any chance they have to pimp the likes of Carmelo or Chris Paul to cap off what has been a capitalizing summer for them.

Tons of $$ that Mark Cuban, Donald Trump, and Vince McMahon especially Vince will be jealous. :wink:
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#9 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:32 am

buzz kill
italican07
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#10 » by italican07 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:41 am

relief. I don't want that thug anyways. Let's win it the right way
Youtube.com/ItalianBari8
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,784

Post#11 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:41 am

I can't take what Sam Smith all that serious when he calls out other media for the same thing he is doing. And from everything I've read and heard about Marc Spears, people seem to think he is credible with his report. It remains to be seen.
dynasty91-98
Banned User

Post#12 » by dynasty91-98 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 am

WolverineBlood wrote:I can't take what Sam Smith all that serious when he calls out other media for the same thing he is doing. And from everything I've read and heard about Marc Spears, people seem to think he is credible with his report. It remains to be seen.

Sam Smith works in the same building that Gar and Pax work, i am pretty sure he has got good information.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#13 » by LoveDaBoo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 am

italican07 wrote:relief. I don't want that thug anyways. Let's win it the right way

Green font?
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#14 » by boogydown » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 am

Sam Smith is a pretty reliable person in the summer. When the season hits, he is typical Sam Smith. Not sure why that is. I just assumed he was bi polar.
dynasty91-98
Banned User

Post#15 » by dynasty91-98 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 am

boogydown wrote:Sam Smith is a pretty reliable person in the summer. When the season hits, he is typical Sam Smith. Not sure why that is. I just assumed he was bi polar.

Sam Smith wrote one of my favorite books, he is cool in my eyes. Corny at times but always good for a few chuckles.
italican07
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by italican07 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:48 am

LoveDaBoo wrote:
italican07 wrote:relief. I don't want that thug anyways. Let's win it the right way

Green font?

No. He is a thug IMO. He plays no defense too. With the core we have now, add 1 maybe 2 quality players more and we have a championship. There's no point of giving up the heart of this team (noah) for a guy that hasn't really proven much anyways. We'll get that championship soon, there's no point of giving up Noah now.
Youtube.com/ItalianBari8
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#17 » by LoveDaBoo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:51 am

italican07 wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:

Green font?

No. He is a thug IMO.

Explain. Also, what's this "right way" of which you speak?

There's no point of giving up the heart of this team (noah) for a guy that hasn't really proven much anyways.

As I said in another thread: yeah, you don't want to trade the heart of a .500 team for a superstar. That's crazy.

We'll get that championship soon, there's no point of giving up Noah now.

Who are these players you think you'll be adding which will get the Bulls over the top? ISTM, the likelihood of adding anyone of Anthony's caliber is vanishingly small.
italican07
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by italican07 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The "right way" is with good character guys. Which I think our team consists of right now. Not somebody who sucker punches somebody in the face and runs away.....or who makes twitter threats against women

How are we a .500 team? We're not a .500 team so I don't get that argument :-?

We don't need a superstar with our current roster to put us over the top. We need 1 or 2 quality players more and we have a good chance of wining it all.
Youtube.com/ItalianBari8
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#19 » by red222 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:59 am

italican07 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The "right way" is with good character guys. Which I think our team consists of right now. Not somebody who sucker punches somebody in the face and runs away.....or who makes twitter threats against women

How are we a .500 team? We're not a .500 team so I don't get that argument :-?

We don't need a superstar with our current roster to put us over the top. We need 1 or 2 quality players more and we have a good chance of wining it all.
superstar win games and we need more than 1 to beat Miami IMO
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,778

Post#20 » by kyrv » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:04 am

italican07 wrote:We don't need a superstar with our current roster to put us over the top.

Nobody has seen this roster play. Let's be honest, you don't know if the Bulls need a superstar or not. You are making that up (conveniently it fits your position). In general having more superstars is way better than having fewer superstars. Bulls may not win no matter who they get if Miami pans out like it might.

italican07 wrote:We need 1 or 2 quality players more and we have a good chance of wining it all.

They do? Which two quality players and how are you getting them? Wouldn't this be true with Melo as well?

Reads to me like you don't like Anthony and you do like Noah, so therefore the Bulls have a clear path to win a title with Noah.

We don't need a superstar with our current roster to put us over the top.

I would expect the only team that might think this would be the Heat. I don't see the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic (all above the Bulls) turning down a superstar. But the #6 ranked team, can afford to?

Anyway, Sam is on the case so looks like we don't have to worry about it.
Bill Walton wrote: Keep the music playing.

Return to Chicago Bulls