Image ImageImage Image

Stuff from the United Center

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

JOHN
General Manager
And1: 90

Re: Stuff from the United Center 

Post#61 » by JOHN » Fri May 27, 2011 2:33 pm

SherronShabazz keep up the good work!!! :)
Remember remember the 1st of April.......
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#62 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm

coolblue wrote:Thanks as usual for the great insider stuff. Interesting tidbit about Boozer, though the Lebron one does not surprise me at all.

thanks.

it was weird to see such sadness and such happiness just a few feet away from each other. derrick's mom and joakim's mom were hugging in the hallway. they were both really sad.

even some of the beat writers were really sad. it was a crappy way to go out. really crappy.

dwyane wade's family were all smiles in their little ecf t shirts. the heat executives were high fiving each other.

weird dynamic seeing such an extreme difference in emotions.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#63 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm

you rock man, love your posts. sorry the day didn't turn out as nice as you hoped. still an experience tho, right?

i'm guessing the UC employees started razzing LeBron at some point over the years and he probably is just playing back. he may be a douche - but if he isn't a confident, cocky SOB pre-game he wouldn't be the talent he is.

i'm positive MJ was the same way. that's the edge that makes them better than 99% of the other NBA players. we just saw Bosh get his edge this post season. Derrick and Jo already had theirs - but no one else on our squad got one in this series.

and Boozer - well the guy could only take UTAH this far with DeRo. We took a chance and hoped for the best but he again proves to be a 2nd or 3rd tier star who can't dunk. i still wish we'd have gone for Amare because he does tear the rim down and get the foul. but his back crapped out on him, so neither of these guys was the ticket this season.

maybe he'll be a trade deadline deal next year.....

bentheredengthat wrote:Sherron I'm holding out hope that Jo was in a funk towards the end of the year because he had to play all his @#$% minutes with Booz.

I still believe he was confused all year as to what to do to cover for Booz on D. & didn't mesh well with him on O.

i think there is a lot to that-

but i also think that sometime in the next few days were going to hear that Joakim's thumb is broken again and has been since the end of the season. there is no way to explain how a guy who is such an great finisher aroundd the rim lost this ability. it's f'd up again he can't grip the ball. he played thru the injury but it was impossible to be Noah with one hand.

and i'd say if you can swing it - do a couple of FINALS games. it's a once in a lifetime thing and you'll be experienced for next season when were in them!

(and maybe you can place a strategic gym bag somwhere where LeBron can pull a Boozer....)
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#64 » by bentheredengthat » Fri May 27, 2011 3:03 pm

^^^ATRAIN what you said about Noah would also answer the question why he completely gave up on his 15' set shot - which looked promising the beginning of the year.
BeKuK
RealGM
And1: 834

Post#65 » by BeKuK » Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Great work Sherron ..... but after reading I feel really sad!
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 4:26 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:you rock man, love your posts. sorry the day didn't turn out as nice as you hoped. still an experience tho, right?

i'm guessing the UC employees started razzing LeBron at some point over the years and he probably is just playing back. he may be a douche - but if he isn't a confident, cocky SOB pre-game he wouldn't be the talent he is.

i'm positive MJ was the same way. that's the edge that makes them better than 99% of the other NBA players. we just saw Bosh get his edge this post season. Derrick and Jo already had theirs - but no one else on our squad got one in this series.

and Boozer - well the guy could only take UTAH this far with DeRo. We took a chance and hoped for the best but he again proves to be a 2nd or 3rd tier star who can't dunk. i still wish we'd have gone for Amare because he does tear the rim down and get the foul. but his back crapped out on him, so neither of these guys was the ticket this season.

maybe he'll be a trade deadline deal next year.....

bentheredengthat wrote:Sherron I'm holding out hope that Jo was in a funk towards the end of the year because he had to play all his @#$% minutes with Booz.

I still believe he was confused all year as to what to do to cover for Booz on D. & didn't mesh well with him on O.

i think there is a lot to that-

but i also think that sometime in the next few days were going to hear that Joakim's thumb is broken again and has been since the end of the season. there is no way to explain how a guy who is such an great finisher aroundd the rim lost this ability. it's f'd up again he can't grip the ball. he played thru the injury but it was impossible to be Noah with one hand.

and i'd say if you can swing it - do a couple of FINALS games. it's a once in a lifetime thing and you'll be experienced for next season when were in them!

(and maybe you can place a strategic gym bag somwhere where LeBron can pull a Boozer....)

nobody razzes him. he's just an a-hole. derrick is pretty talented and he isn't a cocky sob.

amare and joe johnson got a boatload of money and real fast. boozer was a cheaper fall back option.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm

BeKuK wrote:Great work Sherron ..... but after reading I feel really sad!

sorry!
organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#68 » by organix85 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

SherronShabazz wrote:I met this nice young lady at the game.

Do these links go away quickly? I am never able to see them when people post em.
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#69 » by organix85 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Btw, thanks for the info!
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
Chrome
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#70 » by Chrome » Fri May 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Good stuff as usual Sherron. Thanks!
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#71 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:14 pm

bentheredengthat wrote:^^^ATRAIN what you said about Noah would also answer the question why he completely gave up on his 15' set shot - which looked promising the beginning of the year.

i really can't think of any other way to explain his poor performance in this series, can you?
they guy is usually MONEY around the rim. tip dunk city.

he could not grip the ball. something has to be wrong.

and he may not even let us on now and just head into the off season....
we'll find out eventually, i hope. i don't want to think he sucked that bad, he's too good and has played in big games like this before.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,901

Post#72 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Few questions:

DId you see Jerry and how was he acting?

How was Thibs?

And Pax stormed out? Did he say anything to anyone?

And how was Boozer?

And Boozer going to NJ would work in a three way possibly with someone like Bargs coming back to us. But his D is much worst than Boozers. Or MAybe Boozer going to Det.

Its not many impact PF we can go out and get trading Boozer out.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 7:36 pm

organix85 wrote:
SherronShabazz wrote:I met this nice young lady at the game.

Do these links go away quickly? I am never able to see them when people post em.

i dont know!
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 7:37 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:Few questions:

DId you see Jerry and how was he acting?

How was Thibs?

And Pax stormed out? Did he say anything to anyone?

And how was Boozer?

And Boozer going to NJ would work in a three way possibly with someone like Bargs coming back to us. But his D is much worst than Boozers. Or MAybe Boozer going to Det.

Its not many impact PF we can go out and get trading Boozer out.

i have seen jerry one time, when derrick got the mvp. he lives in arizona.

didn't see thibs.

pax was just power walking. red eyes. pissed. he spoke to security.

boozer was bummed. quiet.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#75 » by SpinninHouse » Fri May 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks Sherron for your insightful posts throughout the year. I always appreciated reading it. I'm sure guys were down. Glad to hear the potential talk about Boozer being moved. I agree, it does not seem plausible. 4-years/$60M for a guy averaging 13ppg in the playoffs who can't defend and gets hurt all the time -- it's going to be difficult. We'll see what happens.

A few times I thought to myself, "If we had signed STAT over Boozer we'd be in the Finals." I think it's probably true. Yes, Boozer was $25M cheaper. But STAT is head and shoulders the better player. In order to sign him, we'd probably have one less role player (Korver).Probably would have been a game-changer. But I can't blame GarPax. The Phoenix medical staff didn't think he'd hold up for 5 years. We'll find out. Regardless, I anticipated Boozer getting injured. I did not anticipate him sucking so badly.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
superdave
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#76 » by superdave » Fri May 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Sherron, sorry if someone asked you this before but.... Was Boozer hurt throughout the playoffs and did he ever mention something to that tune?

I have heard the turf toe thing and he rolled his ankle a couple months back. But even as someone who regularly DOGS his play... I have never seen someone with such great touch around the rim miss so many chippies. This goes back to the Indiana series against smallish frontlines with no real shotblockers. I wonder if being dinged up just took Booz out of his normal offensive game. Not making excuses for the guy but damn. He played so far below his career playoff averages.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 9:21 pm

superdave wrote:Sherron, sorry if someone asked you this before but.... Was Boozer hurt throughout the playoffs and did he ever mention something to that tune?

I have heard the turf toe thing and he rolled his ankle a couple months back. But even as someone who regularly DOGS his play... I have never seen someone with such great touch around the rim miss so many chippies. This goes back to the Indiana series against smallish frontlines with no real shotblockers. I wonder if being dinged up just took Booz out of his normal offensive game. Not making excuses for the guy but damn. He played so far below his career playoff averages.

boozer hurt his toe in game 5 against the pacers. he was hurt, but it improved by the end of the hawks series.

i don't think he was ever in shape from the start of camp. he had no lift all season. he played well in december and parts of january but trailed off. he had two ankle injuries. i think he needs to get in shape this summer to be ready for camp. i know for certain that derrick, joakim, luol, and taj will be at the berto working out.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by SherronShabazz » Fri May 27, 2011 9:23 pm

SpinninHouse wrote:Thanks Sherron for your insightful posts throughout the year. I always appreciated reading it. I'm sure guys were down. Glad to hear the potential talk about Boozer being moved. I agree, it does not seem plausible. 4-years/$60M for a guy averaging 13ppg in the playoffs who can't defend and gets hurt all the time -- it's going to be difficult. We'll see what happens.

A few times I thought to myself, "If we had signed STAT over Boozer we'd be in the Finals." I think it's probably true. Yes, Boozer was $25M cheaper. But STAT is head and shoulders the better player. In order to sign him, we'd probably have one less role player (Korver).Probably would have been a game-changer. But I can't blame GarPax. The Phoenix medical staff didn't think he'd hold up for 5 years. We'll find out. Regardless, I anticipated Boozer getting injured. I did not anticipate him sucking so badly.

thanks. agreed. we got the sixth best free agent last summer.
Wont PerDont
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#79 » by Wont PerDont » Fri May 27, 2011 10:22 pm

I think there's no better time than this post referencing the Bulls final game of the season to take a second to applaud you for your contributions to this forum throughout the year! I always look forward to your posts and appreciate you sharing all of your inside info w/us here at realgm. In a forum filled with many brilliant, thoughtful contributors, you are my favorite poster. Thanks again, and keep up the good work.
Freaky like my lady pyramid...

-Formerly: gineric 12

-P.J. Carlesimo on Denver Coach Brian Shaw (2/21/14): "He's paid his dues and he's ready for a head job..."
thunderspirit
Rookie
And1: 10

Post#80 » by thunderspirit » Sat May 28, 2011 2:16 am

Kudos, Sherron, and many thanks. :)
gf2020hotmail wrote:Random fact only tangentially related to the thread: I once slept with Dan Majerle's children. It was amazing..

Return to Chicago Bulls