Image ImageImage Image

Stuff from the United Center

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,513

Re: Stuff from the United Center 

Post#81 » by panthermark » Sat May 28, 2011 2:36 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:
bentheredengthat wrote:^^^ATRAIN what you said about Noah would also answer the question why he completely gave up on his 15' set shot - which looked promising the beginning of the year.

i really can't think of any other way to explain his poor performance in this series, can you?
they guy is usually MONEY around the rim. tip dunk city.

he could not grip the ball. something has to be wrong.

and he may not even let us on now and just head into the off season....
we'll find out eventually, i hope. i don't want to think he sucked that bad, he's too good and has played in big games like this before.

Agreed...I was talking to a co-worker about that today. Noah wasn't shooting much...and was still driving and finishing with his left hand.

It would be really interesting to find out Noah's thumb was bad, Boozer's toe and ankle were bad, and of course Asik left with a broken bone in his leg.....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Fast Dont Fib
Veteran
And1: 134

Post#82 » by Fast Dont Fib » Sat May 28, 2011 3:16 am

If it's not actually injured. It's at least still mental. There's one play specifically i can point out, and a few other plays later in the year that make me believe that. In the 3rd quarter of game 1, Rose penetrates, finds Noah about 10 feet out. He goes up and lays it in, but he basically is holding the ball with his palms and drops it in. If that were the only time i noticed it, i would normally assume the ball just slipped as he was going up. But i've seen it on more than a few occasions.
Blossoming Rose
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#83 » by Blossoming Rose » Sat May 28, 2011 3:30 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:
bentheredengthat wrote:^^^ATRAIN what you said about Noah would also answer the question why he completely gave up on his 15' set shot - which looked promising the beginning of the year.

i really can't think of any other way to explain his poor performance in this series, can you?
they guy is usually MONEY around the rim. tip dunk city.

he could not grip the ball. something has to be wrong.

and he may not even let us on now and just head into the off season....
we'll find out eventually, i hope. i don't want to think he sucked that bad, he's too good and has played in big games like this before.

I can say from personal experience that your thumb is useless for a good amount of time after suffering ligament damage. I only had a partial tear, and I wasn't able to pick up a glass of water without any pain for nearly 8 months.
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#84 » by theanimal23 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:38 am

As always, greatly appreciate your contributions
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#85 » by imagge » Sat May 28, 2011 4:40 am

First reported chatter reported then this

MagicalNBA MagicalNBA
#Orlando_Magic 1 plan leaked : Trade for Batum/Boozer. Sign JR Smith.Cut Arenas (amnesty) Anderson/Jrich/Bass could be gone

Return to Chicago Bulls