Image ImageImage Image

NBA Rumor Thread 2 - Only NON-Bulls rumors

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Re: NBA Rumor Thread 2 - Only NON-Bulls rumors 

Post#451 » by theanimal23 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... for-felton
Would the Kings be willing to send the No. 7 pick to the Nuggets for Raymond Felton and the No. 22 pick? The Kings have had interest in Felton but it's probably going to take them giving up the No. 7 pick to get him. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Nuggets grab Jonas Valanciunas or Bismack Biyombo if they could get up to No. 7.

Lots of Knicks fans were shocked when I put Iman Shumpert at No. 17 in the latest mock draft. The Knicks actually tried to shut Shumpert down from more workouts after they saw him, but Shumpert kept working out. While so much of our focus on the Knicks has been on their offensive options -- Klay Thompson, Jimmer Fredette and Marshon Brooks -- it sounds like the voices arguing for size and/or defense may be winning the day. A source inside the Knicks told me this afternoon that it's likely the Knicks will select either Shumpert, Nikola Vucevic or Markieff Morris at No. 17. The team is also intrigued with Brooks, but he seems to be losing some traction.

Sounds like the Bucks are also very open to moving down a few spots in the draft. Both the Rockets (Nos. 14 and 23) and the Pacers (No. 15 and Brandon Rush) appear to be possibilities.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#452 » by boogydown » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 pm

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins
by AlexKennedyNBA
Got off the phone with #Magic GM Otis Smith a while ago. He said -- again -- that the team will NOT trade @DwightHoward.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#453 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 pm

boogydown wrote:JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins
by AlexKennedyNBA
Got off the phone with #Magic GM Otis Smith a while ago. He said -- again -- that the team will NOT trade @DwightHoward.

Wasn't this obvious?
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#454 » by red222 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

boogydown wrote:JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins
by AlexKennedyNBA

yet :lol:
theanimal23
RealGM

Post#455 » by theanimal23 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... raft-picks

As I wrote in my mock draft, news that Jonas Valanciunas won't play in the NBA next season makes it unlikely the Cavs will select him at No. 4. However, it doesn't mean the Cavs still won't draft him. I'm hearing the Cavs are exploring moving down a few spots in the draft to take him. The goal is to secure another first-round pick to compensate them for not getting Valanciunas to play this season. One potential scenario has the Wizards giving up Nos. 6 and 18 for the No. 4 pick. The caveat? Enes Kanter has to be there at No. 4 for the Wizards. If he's not, there's no deal.

The Cavs, for their part, would take Valanciunas at No. 6 and add a third asset at No. 18. Jordan Hamilton and Marshon Brooks are among the possibilities with the latter pick.
Suited_Up
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#456 » by Suited_Up » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 pm

A few quick thoughts among all the ruckus....

I agree about beating the Heat having a healthy Boozer and Noah.

AND..... I wouldn't let Rose convince you he was fine either. Not only fatigue, I think he wasn't 100% recovered from injury either. That's really the biggest issue. He hadn't been quite right for awhile, that plus the fatigue from crazy playoff defense eventually did him in.

I think if we play the Heat 10 times with the same players, we win more than our fair share barring things like that. Things aren't as desperate as so many people want to make it out to be. Yes we need help at the 2. We obviously want to get as good as we possibly can, but I think we'll be better next season even if we just have a couple rookies.

2nd thought: Am I the only one who thinks we should take Justin Harper over JuJuan Johnson?

I'd love to see a PF who can stretch it out to the 3 point line. Would give us a lot of options.
Jordan45822
RealGM

Post#457 » by Jordan45822 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:49 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/u ... 7UDIr4GG4O

There have been renewed whispers the Knicks have inquired about Suns point guard Steve Nash, who lives in SoHo in the offseason. The Knicks have talked internally about trading Chauncey Billups for Nash as both have expiring contracts. But there does not appear any reason for Suns owner Robert Sarver to make a move and give Mike D'Antoni a chance to reunite with his favorite son.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#458 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/usc_vucevic_at_center_of_knicks_fQW4QY0ufdry7UDIr4GG4O

There have been renewed whispers the Knicks have inquired about Suns point guard Steve Nash, who lives in SoHo in the offseason. The Knicks have talked internally about trading Chauncey Billups for Nash as both have expiring contracts. But there does not appear any reason for Suns owner Robert Sarver to make a move and give Mike D'Antoni a chance to reunite with his favorite son.

If I was the Knicks I would also be interested in trading worse players for better players. Unfortunately for them, if I ran the Suns I would not be interested in the reverse.
LawSon18
Junior
And1: 101

Post#459 » by LawSon18 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 am

Breaking News: According to my sources the Orlando Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson/ Ryan Anderson/ .more details stay tuned!

The Hawks will also acquire Daniel Orton/ and conditional draft picks in the Josh Smith trade..Hawks also trade Kirk Hinrich to the Magic.

:o
theanimal23
RealGM

Post#460 » by theanimal23 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:04 am

LawSon18 wrote:
Breaking News: According to my sources the Orlando Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson/ Ryan Anderson/ .more details stay tuned!

The Hawks will also acquire Daniel Orton/ and conditional draft picks in the Josh Smith trade..Hawks also trade Kirk Hinrich to the Magic.

:o

link?
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#461 » by Pax for Prez » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 am

How does the Magic take on all that salary ??????

Pax
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#462 » by Profound23 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 am

Josh Smith and Dwight Howard? Interesting-ly bad offensive team.

Jameer leaves.......

I think a trade like that basically puts Dwight one step out of Orlando....Jameer is the only other player he could depend on for scoring consistently.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#463 » by red222 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 am

cant be real
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#464 » by Susan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 am

They got Kirk. Dynasty.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#465 » by VolumePoster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:10 am

Pax for Prez wrote:How does the Magic take on all that salary ??????

Pax

Because unlike our franchise, which has fans that support the team win or lose, the Magic will do anything, and pay anyone, to win. We look for value, they look to improve. We talk about going into the luxury tax to remain a championship contender, they go into the luxury tax to become a championship contender.

Two different approaches. And ours **** sucks.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#466 » by DJhitek » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 am

Boy the Magic are desperate if that trade is true, I'm not sure Josh will like SVG much.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#467 » by Rerisen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 am

Kirk/Redick backcourt vs Rose/JR Smith, bring it on! I think we have them on vertical.
MF Doom
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#468 » by MF Doom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 am

VolumePoster wrote:Because unlike our franchise, which has fans that support the team win or lose, the Magic will do anything, and pay anyone, to win. We look for value, they look to improve. We talk about going into the luxury tax to remain a championship contender, they go into the luxury tax to become a championship contender.

No, they spend desperately.

Until this year the Bulls didn't have a team worth paying the luxury tax for.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#469 » by DJhitek » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am

VolumePoster wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:How does the Magic take on all that salary ??????

Pax

Because unlike our franchise, which has fans that support the team win or lose, the Magic will do anything, and pay anyone, to win. We look for value, they look to improve. We talk about going into the luxury tax to remain a championship contender, they go into the luxury tax to become a championship contender.

You do realize that might be the most inconsistent offense in the NBA now? Good luck getting Josh to play efficient and intelligent basketball night in and out.
Jordan45822
RealGM

Post#470 » by Jordan45822 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... aft_062111

Spurs fielding trade calls for Parker

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 9 minutes ago

NEW YORK – The San Antonio Spurs are engaged in discussions about trading point guard Tony Parker(notes) to secure a high pick in Thursday’s draft, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Spurs have talked to teams in the lottery, including the Toronto Raptors and Sacramento Kings, who hold the fifth and seventh picks, respectively. The Kings are determined to get a frontline point guard, and have also talked with the Denver Nuggets about Raymond Felton(notes).

It’s unclear who the Spurs would prefer to take if they acquired a high lottery pick.

If the Spurs were to trade Parker, George Hill(notes) could become their starting point guard. League sources said Hill also has drawn trade interest from teams willing to give the Spurs a pick near the back end of the lottery.

Parker didn’t play well early in the Spurs’ first-round loss to the eighth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies in May then later told French reporters he thought the franchise’s days of contending for a title had all but ended.

Return to Chicago Bulls