Image ImageImage Image

Rose Tidbits

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ikkoikki
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Rose Tidbits 

Post#21 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 pm

red222 wrote:
ikkoikki wrote:I really, really like the fact that MJ has taken Rose under his wing, so to speak. That just makes me really happy. It's too bad it has to be at a distance though. I want MJ back in this city and back to working with this franchise directly.

I will look for Rose to become a more vocal leader next season. He hates losing so much, and he has to realize that he's the leader of the team now. If a team mate is not performing I'd like to see Rose get on them a bit, maybe bark at them from time to time. He has to take the next step in leadership.

HE GOT ON BOOZER/NOAH ON CAMERA A FEW TIMES LAST YEAR.

he did? didn't notice
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#22 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 pm

To others wondering about the stuff i'm keeping back, it's just gossip column type crap that I dont feel like publicizing.
ikkoikki
Banned User

Post#23 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:31 pm

I wonder who the SG is that the Bulls FO has plans for. Interesting that Bj asked about Jason Richardson, and not J.R. Smith or O.J. Mayo or anyone who can handle the ball better than J-Rich can.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#24 » by red222 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:31 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:To others wondering about the stuff i'm keeping back, it's just gossip column type crap that I dont feel like publicizing.

GOOD CALL THANKS FOR THE INFO
Sunk Cost
Senior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Sunk Cost » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:33 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:
econn21 wrote:Unless teammates are getting upset, or D Rose wasn't focused enough (I doubt that), I don't care if Reinsdorf is upset. He needs to be solely focused on getting us a SG.

Looks like you'll have no problem driving me around this weekend (and these three extra pals i'm bringing along into your car)....

This is a quality thread, but I think it's a little early to start the D Rose comparisons
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#26 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:39 pm

I like that JR took the number of people on flights stuff as an issue, and followed up with a conversation with D-Rose and his peeps.

We have heard and seen several incidences of the damage caused by FO not stepping in when they need to adress a player.

Conflict is bad, conflict resolution is great.
For love, not money.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,656

Post#27 » by sco » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Great post...I can't tell you how much stuff like this means to those of us pining for Bulls b-ball news. Thanks!!!
:clap:
AAU Teammate
RealGM

Post#28 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Sunk Cost wrote:This is a quality thread, but I think it's a little early to start the D Rose comparisons

Ha - well I just meant it more like...if it's your plane then you call the shots.

I had this debate with said buddy though. He is basically so impressed with Rose telling ownership what to do and getting what he wants. Getting mgmt to come to his house, etc. To me, that's the sort of thing where ...I grew up with players getting what they wanted on the court, and then letting management manage as far as the offcourt things. To me, that's everyone using their strengths to run their specific part of the franchise.

Plead like crazy for a SG, yes...but I just don't want an ego situation. That goes for players and FO both.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#29 » by samwana » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks for sharing man it's much appreciated!

Nice hearing he dislikes LeBron, he's not alone.
Hopefully Rose rises up from depression and gets a new move this offseason. The connection with MJ is good to hear, I can't remember MJ having depressions after losses, does anyone remember?

Let the speculation about SG's begin again.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#30 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 pm

sonny wrote:
AAU Teammate wrote:- As soon as Rose emerged from this, he began pestering management for a two guard. BJ Armstrong asked management if the Jason Richardson rumors were real, to which he got no response. At that point BJ put it more aggressively to management - "we need to meet about this" (paraphrased). At that point, Bulls front office people actually went to Derrick's house. No details about this part, but from what I understand the meeting went so well that Derrick has been left very much content / set at ease. No idea what that means but I guess he approves of the things they have in play right now.

He's gonna be pissed when we trade back for Hinrich

Either Derrick is schizo for that to happen, or FO just lat out lies to him.

FO iscussed the 2G plan with BJ and Rose, and they loved it. Atleast, thats what this thread says.
For love, not money.
ikkoikki
Banned User

Post#31 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:49 pm

ugh, i wonder what they said about that 2 guard. The curiosity is killing me
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#32 » by transplant » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Interesting. None of it strikes me as out of character or contrary to other credible reports, so I'm good with it. Thanks.

Yeah, I like players who take losing personally, but I'm not a big fan of prolonged periods where you curl up into a ball and only poke your head out to eat greasy food.

The pestering for a SG thing during a lockout strikes me as odd. The FO went looking for SG help at the trade deadline and the chairman made a very uncharacteristic statement about needing a SG who can score. It's not like there's any doubt about a quality SG being at the top of the Bulls' "shopping list."

Don't know what the team flight thing is about, so I'll pass on commenting.

Assuming that the new CBA has a max salary that is below the true value of an uber-star (like the old CBA had), there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that DRose is getting a max extension offer and that he will sign it.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#33 » by theanimal23 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:58 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:The depression was real. Apparently Lebron had been turning the trash talk up, saying 'Rose is too small for me,' etc. Rose apparently let that get to him some, as he kind of dislikes LBJ but tolerates him since they appear at so many things together.

Can you elaborate on this? Perhaps I'm confused. Was that LeBron basically saying that when he was matched up on Rose? Or a "reason" why he didn't want to come here in Free Agency? I forget who it was -- but someone mentioned in the recent weeks that Rose looked up to LeBron in HS/College, and perhaps this is why he lacks some of the killer instinct when it comes to playing vs. LeBron. Not sure why Rose would take it so personally -- I'm sure numerous other stars talk 'ish.

Glad to hear that Rose was pissed about the SG situation. Not sure what came out of the meeting, but the Bulls better go all out for JRich or JR Smith. Did BJ Armstrong push JRichardson -- b/c that is who Rose would like to play with foremost (out of FA SGs).

I always wondered in the past if the Bulls would offer him slightly less than the max, but that doubt went away ASAP as soon as he won the MVP. No one can low-ball an MVP. That said, I don't know his family situation, etc, but I'm sure say $70 million (vs the Max) would make no difference in supporting people. I understand the 'respect' factor in being offered the Max, but lets be real -- $70 million could feed so many poor people in a third country, it's insane.

I'm glad that Rose takes losing to so much heart, but MJ was right in the sense -- "Man Up". Wouldn't see him or Kobe pouting. I'm sure Rose is learning how to cope with this, and will improve this year and use this better for motivation. It sucks. But gotta get back in the gym.

I'm curious to how much 'entitlement' Rose feels, and his relationship with management/JR. I just fear he'll pull a LeBron. Who knows. He does love it out in LA.

Would love to hear more. Very much appreciated that could share this much info. Thanks.
econn21
Senior
And1: 5

Post#34 » by econn21 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:05 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:
econn21 wrote:Unless teammates are getting upset, or D Rose wasn't focused enough (I doubt that), I don't care if Reinsdorf is upset. He needs to be solely focused on getting us a SG.

Looks like you'll have no problem driving me around this weekend (and these three extra pals i'm bringing along into your car)....

I get what you're saying, but the comparisons aren't parallel.

If it starts getting out of hand, i.e. LeBron's entourage, then I will be concerned.

I'm not concerned for two reasons:

1. I'm assuming this is something specific to the Chi-Mia series, probably the most anticipated playoff series this season. If he starts bringing hordes of people with him to regular season games, then I'll worry.

2. From all accounts, D Rose is a pretty humble and reasonable dude. If Reinsdorf had a problem with this and he talked to him, I'm sure D Rose apologized and said it won't happen again.

So, in my opinion, it's not that big of a deal. Just my .02 though. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the info, as I already said thanks for posting in the post you just quoted.
SoulEater7
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#35 » by SoulEater7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Man if it's not JR Smith I'll be kinda disappointed. I was reading some people on the ESPN blog call the Bulls a boring team and it made me think maybe they have a point. Who wants to watch one on five offense? It was embarrassing to watch them not be able to score in the playoff against MIA. They just needed one dude to knock down the open jump shots off of Derrick and they didn't have one.

My point is JR Smith would add so many different elements to the Bulls. He's not a PAX guy... boring dull player? Not at all he's wild and explosive and that's fun to watch. Keith Bogans? Not so much.

econn21
Senior

Post#36 » by econn21 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:09 pm

ikkoikki wrote:ugh, i wonder what they said about that 2 guard. The curiosity is killing me

Man, you're not kidding. I would love to have been a fly on that wall... :meditate:
ikkoikki
Banned User

Post#37 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:09 pm

man, **** whoever calls the Bulls a boring team. Probably fans of Miami who like flashy dunks, break aways, alley oops and all that all glitz no substance bull ****

But I agree we could use a little more fire on this team
econn21
Senior

Post#38 » by econn21 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:20 pm

ikkoikki wrote:man, **** whoever calls the Bulls a boring team. Probably fans of Miami who like flashy dunks, break aways, alley oops and all that all glitz no substance bull ****

But I agree we could use a little more fire on this team

Kind of reminds me of the first two movies in the Rocky series.

The first time around the Bulls were a quality opponent, just didn't finish. Hollywood triumphed. :cry:

Next time, let's hope the Bulls show the Heat what boring old hard work can do, and we'll be the ones heading to the Finals. :rock:

While I'm throwing out Rocky references, here's to an off season reminiscent of Rocky's training in Rocky IV! (too cheesy?) :lol:
unc1120
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#39 » by unc1120 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm surprised by the amount of people that are pleased with this information.

To me it makes it sound like Rose is a little angry with the team, and to tell the truth it really bothers me that he likes L.A. so much....

If they end up getting Dwight Howard somehow, then team ADIDAS all of a sudden goes from dream to potential NIGHTMARE.

I know that's severely overreacting but until I read this, I thought Rose was very content with the progress of the franchise and not barking at management to make changes.

At least he wants the max right away which is a good sign.

TOO ALL OF YOU who keep wanting to overvalue our assets and not go out and get another great player. I CANT OVER EMPHASIZE that this is how star players end up leaving. When teams think they can just piece the perfect compliments around one player.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TRADE FOR MONTA ELLIS PLEASE.
PANTS!!!
AAU Teammate
RealGM

Post#40 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:28 pm

As far as the SG thing, (and this is just me speculating) but it could be anything. It could have set Derrick at ease that they have already had backchannel talks with a certain guy he likes. It could also mean that they just have a few vague targets and that he simply likes those targets.

Nontheless, I was glad to hear it. Also to clarify, he does lke J-Rich -- but i mean when you're faced with Bogans/Korver/Brewer that goes without saying i'm sure.

The inference my guy made is that J-Rich is the SG Rose wants. That is not to say there aren't others on said list, but he apparently was trying to wrench out that information from this family member and could not get more than a hint that it's J-Rich #1 or close to it.

Return to Chicago Bulls