Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chicago-n
Rookie
And1: 35

Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread 

Post#721 » by Chicago-n » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 am

Reading those articles scare me
kuly1990
Veteran
And1: 441

Post#722 » by kuly1990 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 pm

why does it scare you, its logic thing, they want him to be completely healthy, before he plays, it would scare me if he was rushed back, i believe it will be after the allstar break!
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#723 » by MissileMike » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 pm

The only real info from that interview is Pax saying the Bulls won't make a deadline move. I guess they're going to pay the tax...
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#724 » by jax98 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm

MissileMike wrote:The only real info from that interview is Pax saying the Bulls won't make a deadline move. I guess they're going to pay the tax...

The deadline is over three weeks away. Plenty of things can happen in that time span. Besides, the Bulls never give out this kind of info in advance. They can turn around and do the opposite of what they just said, on a dime.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#725 » by Jvaughn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

kuly1990 wrote:why does it scare you, its logic thing, they want him to be completely healthy, before he plays, it would scare me if he was rushed back, i believe it will be after the allstar break!

Plus, the point of the comments are to temper expectations. We don't want Rose coming back feeling pressured to try to do it all. Let him come back in his own time when he's comfortable so he can ease his way back to being 100%.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
jmajew
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#726 » by jmajew » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:10 pm

I was luckily able to listen to the Paxson interview yesterday and I came away quite excited. This was for many reasons.

1) I got the impression Rose would be back after the all-star break. I know that is not what he said, but I still got that impression.
2) He stated that he loves the fact that players like Boozer, Noah, and Deng have had to step up their games. He said that now that Rose is out the offense is running more through Boozer and he is gaining confidence. Those types of comments led me to believe that the organization will try to limit all the give the ball to Derrick and let him create. I think the goal will be to have Derrick play a little bit more off of Noah and Boozer in the post. This can only make the team harder to gameplan against. We have remember Rose is a top 5 player in the NBA, but he is a PG. Size is a serious limitation to them, and are easier to game plan against than say a Nowitzki, Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Durant, etc.
3) Boozer is here to stay until the end of his contract. Paxson clearly pointed out that Boozer is playing in a different offense than he did in Utah and that his numbers may not look as good as before but he is doing everything the team expected. Again not his exact words but my impression.
Chicago-n
Rookie
And1: 35

Post#727 » by Chicago-n » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

kuly1990 wrote:why does it scare you, its logic thing, they want him to be completely healthy, before he plays, it would scare me if he was rushed back, i believe it will be after the allstar break!

Because if he doesn't get rushed back then he won't come back till next year D:

and now any return will feel like a rush back :(

I have no idea what would be a good time to return!
kobe#8
Sixth Man
And1: 34

Post#728 » by kobe#8 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 pm

How is he when will he return? coming from a Lakers and a D-Rose fan!
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#729 » by red222 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 pm

kobe#8 wrote:How is he when will he return? coming from a Lakers and a D-Rose fan!

after the AS BREAK
bigfan26
Junior
And1: 11

Post#730 » by bigfan26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:33 am

Idk, where to put this but... assuming Derrick comes back March 2nd, that would be close to 10 months since the surgery.

He'd have a chance to play 24 regular season games before the playoffs begin. Hopefully enough to knock off most of the rust and regain his basketball conditioning.

April 20th(start of the playoffs) would make it 11 months and 8 days since the surgery. If the bulls make it to the *ECF's Derrick would be little over 12 months removed from the surgery and should be fully recovered according to Dr. Brian Cole's timetable of 8-12 months.

So a best case scenario we would a have well rested and fully recovered Rose heading into the ECF's against Miami.

* 2012 nba playoffs started April 28th and the Eastern conference finals began May 29th.
Chikes26x
Junior
And1: 4

Post#731 » by Chikes26x » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 am

bigfan26 wrote:Idk, where to put this but... assuming Derrick comes back March 2nd, that would be close to 10 months since the surgery.

He'd have a chance to play 24 regular season games before the playoffs begin. Hopefully enough to knock off most of the rust and regain his basketball conditioning.

April 20th(start of the playoffs) would make it 11 months and 8 days since the surgery. If the bulls make it to the *ECF's Derrick would be little over 12 months removed from the surgery and should be fully recovered according to Dr. Brian Cole's timetable of 8-12 months.

So a best case scenario we would a have well rested and fully recovered Rose heading into the ECF's against Miami.

* 2012 nba playoffs started April 28th and the Eastern conference finals began May 29th.

Hell. Yes.
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#732 » by Viatical » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 pm

bigfan26 wrote:Idk, where to put this but... assuming Derrick comes back March 2nd, that would be close to 10 months since the surgery.

That's a weird way to put it. Derrick Rose requiring a full 12 months to fully recover, at the extreme end of his physician's timetable, is not a best case scenario at all.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Post#733 » by Hold That » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm

I know it's kinda petty, but am I the only one hoping they are pairing Rose and Butler in practice. As in I hope Butler is Roses defensive assignment every time..I'm sure opposing teams are going to guard Rose like he's 100% regardless of what type of Rose appears on that court.
bigfan26
Junior
And1: 11

Post#734 » by bigfan26 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Viatical wrote:

That's a weird way to put it. Derrick Rose requiring a full 12 months to fully recover, at the extreme end of his physician's timetable, is not a best case scenario at all.

Where did I said the best case scenario is rose taking 12 months to recover? I said he'll be rested and fully recovered by the ECF. Just making the ECF would be a big enough task, having rose 100% physically and in rhythm would be the best case scenario I proposed.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#735 » by The Explorer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 pm

bigfan26 wrote:He'd have a chance to play 24 regular season games before the playoffs begin. Hopefully enough to knock off most of the rust and regain his basketball conditioning.

I doubt he would play both games of back to backs, or 4th game in 5 nights type of stuff. But yes, i agree with the general point that he should be fully ready by the playoffs.
BullsGate
Head Coach
And1: 1,078

Post#736 » by BullsGate » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Any updates??
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 337

Post#737 » by PistolP » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

"Derrick, he's a freak of nature," Hamilton said. "I'm serious, man. I seen him dunk one ball the other day, and I said, 'Man, you've got to be kidding.' He just went up, went up off the vertical, threw it in. And he's all humble, like, 'Ah, ha, ha.' But he's getting better every day."

Link
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#738 » by Ice the knees » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:27 pm

AW LAWDY!
BullsHOF
Banned User
And1: 38

Post#739 » by BullsHOF » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Seriously RealGm, can we get a friggin fap smiley???? :D :cry: :o
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#740 » by MalikJoakim24 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

PistolP wrote:
"Derrick, he's a freak of nature," Hamilton said. "I'm serious, man. I seen him dunk one ball the other day, and I said, 'Man, you've got to be kidding.' He just went up, went up off the vertical, threw it in. And he's all humble, like, 'Ah, ha, ha.' But he's getting better every day."

Link

:o:o:o:o

Return to Chicago Bulls