Image ImageImage Image

Rose Injury Thread 6: Black Jesus where are you? -POLL ADDED

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Rose saga =

1- Holdout for effect
11%
2- Regular rehab delays
24%
3- Irregular rehab delays (Rose overly cautious)
65%

Total votes: 114

TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Rose Injury Thread 6: Black Jesus where are you? -POLL ADDED 

Post#1 » by TyrusRose2425 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 am

Saw the other thread is pretty much about to get locked, so thought about starting the new one.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Re: Rose Injury Thread 6: Black Jesus where are you? 

Post#2 » by cool007 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:55 am

Black Jesus says, Rose is coming back within 10 days.

and yeah, this is the last Rose injury thread that will be on this board - EVER.
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#3 » by jcuuofd » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGW-36kQzNo[/youtube]
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#4 » by Keller61 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:12 am

cool007 wrote:Black Jesus says, Rose is coming back within 10 days.

and yeah, this is the last Rose injury thread that will be on this board - EVER.

Rose's documentary had six episodes, so it would be fitting if we finished with six threads.
DRoseChiCity420
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#5 » by DRoseChiCity420 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:14 am

We are playing bad Rose Comes Back we go on a streak...on fire in playoffs...this is gonna be a story for the ages BOOK IT BABY
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#6 » by cool007 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:22 am

DRoseChiCity420 wrote:We are playing bad Rose Comes Back we go on a streak...on fire in playoffs...this is gonna be a story for the ages BOOK IT BABY

That's the spirit.

:thumbsup:
LCMJ
Veteran
And1: 1,225

Post#7 » by LCMJ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:22 am

Rose comes back by the end of this thread
Derrick Rose & The Chicago Bulls - Fuel to the Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80xGPG7yiw
Saphir
Bench Warmer
And1: 129

Post#8 » by Saphir » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:23 am

Repostan comment on Scoop Jackson's column for ESPN Chicago:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... cago-bulls

The Reality II: Rose realizes this. We don't. He knows that once he steps back on the court, it's going to be an all-out free-for-all with every point guard going at him for his No. 1 spot. Now, looking at the Bulls' remaining schedule, if he came back as early as, say, Friday, he'd have to face the following before the playoffs begin: Curry, Leonard, Lawson, LeBron James twice (note: even though LBJ is not a point guard he is the three-time and reigning MVP whom Rose stopped from a possible four-peat by being the only player not James to win the award since 2008, and LeBron will more than likely be guarding Rose during the games which is a whole 'nother issue for discussion for another column), Williams, Raymond Felton. If we don't think about the immediate psychological impact or damage that can be done to Rose if he loses those internal battles and the disadvantage he puts himself in by not being physically ready to win some, if not all, of these challenges, then we really don't know anything about the power the mind has in establishing a player's true greatness.

It makes some sense why Rose doesn't want to cede that psychological edge to any of the other elite PGs throughout the league. Remember, during his MVP season and the beginning of last season, it just felt like Rose went out of his way to crush every other elite PG in the league. There's the obvious rivalry with Rondo and of course he likes his matchups against Paul, but you could also tell Rose really wanted to go at Ricky Rubio and Jeremy Lin when those two were getting all the accolades. And it's not just crossing the opposing PG over and lighting them up Rose would want to do, I'm guessing he wants to be a big part in shutting them down completely on the other end.

Keep in mind Portland is coming to the UC next week and with them the newest PG hotshot Damian Lillard. I wonder if Rose is wrestling with two dueling thoughts:

a) He doesn't want to get embarrassed on his home floor by the newest rookie sensation because he isn't at the best he could be.
b) He wants nothing more than to come back to his home floor and crush Lillard into dust. 110% ready be damned.
"And if Rose comes back and is 80% of himself, the Bulls become a pain in the ass" -Zach Lowe

Still rooting for wins, but losses aren't the worst thing in the world. Perhaps the optimal strategy is hoping the Blackhawks are on at the same time.
The Kane
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#9 » by The Kane » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 am

Where'd he go? I miss him so...Seems like it's been forever, since he's been gone.
"This game has always been, and will always be about buckets."

- Bill Russell
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#10 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 am

My guess is he is playing Monday.
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#11 » by LobosJordan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:35 am

Saw thread title and immediately thought of this lol
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Mivz9lgAQ[/youtube]
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#12 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 am

Ralphb07 wrote:My guess is he is playing Monday.

educated guess?
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#13 » by The Explorer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 am

I don't think what Thibodeau said today was much different than his comments previously. He was just saying he could play any time, and that they still don't know when he would be ready. Although I would love for him to play next week also, I didn't gather that he would from the quotes.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#14 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 am

my apologies - that's like my standard question to you Lol
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#15 » by pduh01 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:42 am

He's coming......................NEAR YOU!

#TheReturnThisTimeForReal
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#16 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:46 am

AAU Teammate wrote:

educated guess?

Yes, just my guess. Just a feeling I have
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#17 » by BullChit » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:47 am

LCMJ wrote:Rose comes back by the end of this thread

Well **** lets hurry up and get this to 100 pages

eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#18 » by Keller61 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:05 am

Saphir wrote:Repostan comment on Scoop Jackson's column for ESPN Chicago:

The Reality II: Rose realizes this. We don't. He knows that once he steps back on the court, it's going to be an all-out free-for-all with every point guard going at him for his No. 1 spot. Now, looking at the Bulls' remaining schedule, if he came back as early as, say, Friday, he'd have to face the following before the playoffs begin: Curry, Leonard, Lawson, LeBron James twice (note: even though LBJ is not a point guard he is the three-time and reigning MVP whom Rose stopped from a possible four-peat by being the only player not James to win the award since 2008, and LeBron will more than likely be guarding Rose during the games which is a whole 'nother issue for discussion for another column), Williams, Raymond Felton. If we don't think about the immediate psychological impact or damage that can be done to Rose if he loses those internal battles and the disadvantage he puts himself in by not being physically ready to win some, if not all, of these challenges, then we really don't know anything about the power the mind has in establishing a player's true greatness.

It makes some sense why Rose doesn't want to cede that psychological edge to any of the other elite PGs throughout the league. Remember, during his MVP season and the beginning of last season, it just felt like Rose went out of his way to crush every other elite PG in the league. There's the obvious rivalry with Rondo and of course he likes his matchups against Paul, but you could also tell Rose really wanted to go at Ricky Rubio and Jeremy Lin when those two were getting all the accolades. And it's not just crossing the opposing PG over and lighting them up Rose would want to do, I'm guessing he wants to be a big part in shutting them down completely on the other end.

Keep in mind Portland is coming to the UC next week and with them the newest PG hotshot Damian Lillard. I wonder if Rose is wrestling with two dueling thoughts:

a) He doesn't want to get embarrassed on his home floor by the newest rookie sensation because he isn't at the best he could be.
b) He wants nothing more than to come back to his home floor and crush Lillard into dust. 110% ready be damned.

I don't think Rose will suffer any psychological damage if he loses some matchups this season when he's rusty coming off a severe injury. If anything, it will give him motivation to destroy them next year.
BullsHOF
Banned User
And1: 38

Post#19 » by BullsHOF » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:07 am

LCMJ wrote:Rose comes back by the end of this thread

Friday against the Nuggets it is.

P.S. Anyone got a vid link to CSN's rehab special they did on Derrick?????
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#20 » by BullChit » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 am

Saphir wrote:Repostan comment on Scoop Jackson's column for ESPN Chicago:

Rose comes back and beats down Lillard... real Jail time maneuver...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"

Return to Chicago Bulls