Image ImageImage Image

Andrew Goudelock

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Re: Andrew Goudelock 

Post#41 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:50 pm

I didn't know Charles Jenkins was avail. .. That's a gem waiting to happen ..
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#42 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 pm

The South Carolinian in me would love to have him, though I don't see it as the best bang for our buck.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#43 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Why are we so eager to sign Goudelock after one good preseason game? Lets just see how it he at least plays out the rest of the summer league at the very least before we clear the decks for this guy.

I'd prefer Barbosa and I'm not even a huge fan of his game.
Why so serious?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#44 » by Chi town » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Lets see how he plays out in SL. I like his aggressiveness. I could see him in the Pargo type of role, better than JLII and less then Nate but maybe a better fit than Nate due to his size and 3ball.

I like him as a SG next to Kirk so Kirk can defend the SG. In all honestly I like him better than Teague because Teague won't even take a jumper let alone a 3 ball.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#45 » by Chitownbulls » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:Why are we so eager to sign Goudelock after one good preseason game? Lets just see how it he at least plays out the rest of the summer league at the very least before we clear the decks for this guy.

I'd prefer Barbosa and I'm not even a huge fan of his game.

This +1
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#46 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:45 pm

We already have a potential butler killer at the 2 guard spot, do we really need him?

Why not get a big to backup Noah?
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#47 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Just_Bullz wrote:We already have a potential butler killer at the 2 guard spot, do we really need him?

Why not get a big to backup Noah?

Signing another guard will have not affect on if we add another big.

Also we may not even go legit C and play Gibson/Nazr there and get a stretch four instead
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,336

Post#48 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:I didn't know Charles Jenkins was avail. .. That's a gem waiting to happen ..

That's what I'm talking about.

I thought he was better than Goudelock coming out of college. He was much more efficient.

With the Bulls he wouldn't really need to be a PG. Sparkplug off the bench. I think GS and Philly were hoping to turn him into a PG. We've had success with small microwave guards...
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#49 » by Rerisen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Watch this guy chuck it up tonight and everyone will be right back off his bandwagon.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#50 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Rerisen wrote:Watch this guy chuck it up tonight and everyone will be right back off his bandwagon.

I won't be, but yeah 99% of the board will be. I was talking him up before he even played a summer league game for us.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Rerisen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Watch this guy chuck it up tonight and everyone will be right back off his bandwagon.

I won't be, but yeah 99% of the board will be. I was talking him up before he even played a summer league game for us.

What impresses about him that he has done in the NBA?

Has a three point shot but no apparent half court game outside of that.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#52 » by League Circles » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Rerisen wrote:

A lot of people are impressed by the skills and potential that players have even before they've proven it in the NBA. They then acquire those players they are impressed by, and sometimes the players end up doing what the people thought they would. Everybody is unproven at some point. Andrew Goudlock could be the next Danny Green for all we know. It's important that the Bulls pick they guy they truly think will be the best player/fit for them and not just the guy who has proven the most necessarily. He's only 24 and only played the equivalent of about a dozen full games in the NBA at age 22-23. Then he went out and won the MVP of the D league. He's surely a potential good player.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#53 » by jax98 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Rerisen wrote:What impresses about him that he has done in the NBA?

His hesitation dribble followed by a step-back is really good. He can also run off screens and he has a fairly nice floater.

In general, he's a very smooth offensive player.

Granted, he doesn't do a whole lot outside of that, but as a depth chart insurance, he's quite good.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Rerisen » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:07 am

I know what Nate do can and convinced he can play with Rose, with Kirk, and also deserve minutes over Kirk.

Goudelock... he'll be a Pargo type. Total emergency guy. I could be wrong, but I don't think the odds are high.

Glock doesn't have the physical tools of Nate, I don't think he can consistently create space in the half court. Nor is a finisher at the rim, nor draw fouls.

Half the plays in these summer league games are transition garbage defense which are absolutely worthless representations of real NBA games. Usually why you see its And one, or 1v1 skill type players that blow up with big scores in SL.

I guess we will need *someone* in this mold if Nate falls through, just not very excited about this choice.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#55 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 am

Rerisen wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:

Before I go into what I like, let's keep in mind this and I think it's very important to bring up. Unless we get lucky and hit the jackpot with Nate coming back at the veteran minimum, the rotation is pretty much set with Rose, Butler, Deng, Boozer, Noah, Kirk, Dunleavy, Gibson and Teague. That is how we'll look to start the season. So what I am looking at is how to add to what we have depth wise which is different from what he we currently have. That is a Neal, Nate, Barrera type of guy, now granted the guy we get won't be on those guys level, but other than Nate, the other two made it the same way a Goudelock will if he does.

I love he shot, he has unlimited range and can flat out shoot. I want to add as much shooting as we can from top to bottom. Also he may not be fast or crazy athletic, but he can score without help from others. As Morten pointed out, he hesitation move is nice and he does get separation for his shot and the floater is good (all stuff that Moreten pointed out)

What gets me is that you have so many guys that want Nate back, but won't consider Goudelock who can score in bunches as a end of the bench player. I want Nate too, but until we hear he will play for the veteran minimum, I want to find guys who obviously won't be as good, but has the chance to give us that scoring spark if needed.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Rerisen » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 am

Ralphb07 wrote:What gets me is that you have so many guys that want Nate back, but won't consider Goudelock who can score in bunches as a end of the bench player.

Consider him, yes, but it will be a huge letdown.

I'm not sure people realize how rare it is to pull a guy off the dump heap that no one wants (indeed Nate last year) and have them do what Nate did to Brooklyn, and even as successful as he was vs Miami in several games.

Like anyone can just come in and throw up 17.4 PER (2nd on our team) and .540 TS% (2nd on our team) while thrust into a big minute role.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#57 » by JackFinn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 am

Rerisen wrote:Glock doesn't have the physical tools of Nate, I don't think he can consistently create space in the half court. Nor is a finisher at the rim, nor draw fouls.

Nor is he 'taker' at the rim. Out of 176 shots, he took 5 at the rim. That's right, five. And yeah, he attempted only 12 free throws. He's 25 this year, btw.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,336

Post#58 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

Jenkins instead.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#59 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

Who thought Neal, Green, Barrera, Morrow, Watson, etc would be good. You have to see if a kid has some potential, all those guys did and IMO so does Goudelock. After that you need to give them a chance. That is all I am saying to do. Of course I'd take Mo Williams, Beno or Nate over him if one would sign for the veteran minimum, but that is not very likely. So why not find a kid who has some skills your team needs and see if they can develop and produce for you.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#60 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 am

JackFinn wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Glock doesn't have the physical tools of Nate, I don't think he can consistently create space in the half court. Nor is a finisher at the rim, nor draw fouls.

Nor is he 'taker' at the rim. Out of 176 shots, he took 5 at the rim. That's right, five. And yeah, he attempted only 12 free throws.

But it's looking more and more likely that Nate won't be back. So Goudelock could be a solid addition for a guy at the end of the bench. I mean what are the alternatives?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bulls