Image ImageImage Image

Sacramento Pick Tracking Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: Sacramento Pick Tracking Thread 

Post#761 » by TimRobbins » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:Yes we need another young big with potential to replace Noah/Gasol. You can draft a project and bring him along slowly over the next couple of years.

You're going to need a lot of luck for the pick to fall exactly between 11 and 15 in 2016 or 2017. If the Kings either stay below 10 or if they make the playoffs, the pick isn't going to give you a rotational big man.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#762 » by BullsFTW » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:16 pm

Hopefully Sacramento can turn it around.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#763 » by BullsFTW » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:20 pm

If not, maybe the Bulls can offer Taj + Return of their draft rights for their 2015 Top 10 Pick, since they are in a win now mode.

Bulls then draft Turner or if possible, Towns.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#764 » by TimRobbins » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:37 pm

BullsFTW wrote:If not, maybe the Bulls can offer Taj + Return of their draft rights for their 2015 Top 10 Pick, since they are in a win now mode.

That's absurd. You're not getting a top 10 pick for Taj.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#765 » by BullsFTW » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:45 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:If not, maybe the Bulls can offer Taj + Return of their draft rights for their 2015 Top 10 Pick, since they are in a win now mode.

That's absurd. You're not getting a top 10 pick for Taj.

Sacarmento values Taj, and he's a great fit next to Boogie. They also want to win now, that's why they extended Gay and hired Karl.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#766 » by TimRobbins » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:15 pm

BullsFTW wrote:Sacarmento values Taj, and he's a great fit next to Boogie. They also want to win now, that's why they extended Gay and hired Karl.

I don't think they value him this much. I can't see anybody in this league that would give a top 10 pick for Taj. That's vast overpayment.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#767 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Badbeats wrote:
He inherited a team that just went to playoffs the year before. They already had All star players in Rose, Noah, and Deng.

Noah and Deng were NOT all stars.. Derrick was the only one.. every one laughed when he said why can't I be MVP.. the Bulls were a .500 team.
They also had a NBA First team all rookie player in Taj Gibson.

and under Thibs he developed into 6th MOY runner up
In free agency they added another All Star in Carlos Boozer, Korver, Brewer, Watson, and others to solidify the bench. They also added Asik from Europe. 4 All stars one of those being Derek Rose who was primed to breakout in his 3rd season. I am sure quite a few coaches could have made the playoffs again with that team.

Could they have won more games than any other team in the NBA for two years in a row.. go to the ECF's in the only healthy season for his "superstar".. and be in a position to win it all the next year pprior to the ACL

Our young players this year have not benefited in the least.

How do you know? Are you at practices? Sure looks like Snell is bnenfiting from something Thibs is doing with him.

Mirotic was looking good for the first few months. Then suddenly we stopped playing him.
He has not gotten consistent minutes at all and suddenly his play looks worse.

No we didn't.. he was playing the same minutes before he hit the "wall"

Snell would sit for 5 or 6 games and then suddenly be thrust into a game. He would play 6 minutes then 40 next game. He would play with random lineups. He literally had no chance to do anything positive. Luckily Dunleavy and Kirk got hurt and Rose pushed for him to start. Now that he gets decent minutes, with some of the starters suddenly he looks ok. His success is based on his hard work, and not Thibs, if anything Thibs hurt his development. Thibs is refusing to play Snell, Mirotic and McDermott, might cost us in the playoffs.

Actually the way Doug, Niko and Tony were playing, Thibs playing them MORE may have cost us HCA in a round of the playoffs. None of those guys project to see many minutes in the playoffs as it is. Teams go to 7 and 8 man rotations.

This is one of the most talented Bulls teams I have seen since the 90’s, yet we are fighting to get into the top 10 this year.

We are playing .630 basketball, have the 3rd best record in the EC and we have had our two best players playing BELOW average NBA basketball for their positions for much of the season and both coming back from major surgeries. The team is actually right about where most of us who know the team well, thought they would be at this point, maybe even a little higher.

Is our coach really making the most of our talent?

I think so.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kuly1990
Veteran
And1: 441

Post#768 » by kuly1990 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:35 pm

TimRobbins wrote:Kings continue to play .200 ball since Malone was fired. Considering the Pacers are about to get Paul George, the odds of getting the pick seems very unlikely. It would take at lest 33 wins for the Kings to get #11. That means they would have to go .500 post the allstar break while have nothing to play for (even if they win ever game, they are not making the playoffs). It's not happening.

should we lock the thread?
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#769 » by TimRobbins » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:06 pm

kuly1990 wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:Kings continue to play .200 ball since Malone was fired. Considering the Pacers are about to get Paul George, the odds of getting the pick seems very unlikely. It would take at lest 33 wins for the Kings to get #11. That means they would have to go .500 post the allstar break while have nothing to play for (even if they win ever game, they are not making the playoffs). It's not happening.

should we lock the thread?

Still have two more years to go...
Badbeats
Rookie
And1: 394

Post#770 » by Badbeats » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:32 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Badbeats wrote:
He inherited a team that just went to playoffs the year before. They already had All star players in Rose, Noah, and Deng.

Noah and Deng were NOT all stars.. Derrick was the only one.. every one laughed when he said why can't I be MVP.. the Bulls were a .500 team.
They also had a NBA First team all rookie player in Taj Gibson.

and under Thibs he developed into 6th MOY runner up
In free agency they added another All Star in Carlos Boozer, Korver, Brewer, Watson, and others to solidify the bench. They also added Asik from Europe. 4 All stars one of those being Derek Rose who was primed to breakout in his 3rd season. I am sure quite a few coaches could have made the playoffs again with that team.

Could they have won more games than any other team in the NBA for two years in a row.. go to the ECF's in the only healthy season for his "superstar".. and be in a position to win it all the next year pprior to the ACL

Our young players this year have not benefited in the least.

How do you know? Are you at practices? Sure looks like Snell is bnenfiting from something Thibs is doing with him.

Mirotic was looking good for the first few months. Then suddenly we stopped playing him.
He has not gotten consistent minutes at all and suddenly his play looks worse.

No we didn't.. he was playing the same minutes before he hit the "wall"

Snell would sit for 5 or 6 games and then suddenly be thrust into a game. He would play 6 minutes then 40 next game. He would play with random lineups. He literally had no chance to do anything positive. Luckily Dunleavy and Kirk got hurt and Rose pushed for him to start. Now that he gets decent minutes, with some of the starters suddenly he looks ok. His success is based on his hard work, and not Thibs, if anything Thibs hurt his development. Thibs is refusing to play Snell, Mirotic and McDermott, might cost us in the playoffs.

Actually the way Doug, Niko and Tony were playing, Thibs playing them MORE may have cost us HCA in a round of the playoffs. None of those guys project to see many minutes in the playoffs as it is. Teams go to 7 and 8 man rotations.

This is one of the most talented Bulls teams I have seen since the 90’s, yet we are fighting to get into the top 10 this year.

We are playing .630 basketball, have the 3rd best record in the EC and we have had our two best players playing BELOW average NBA basketball for their positions for much of the season and both coming back from major surgeries. The team is actually right about where most of us who know the team well, thought they would be at this point, maybe even a little higher.

Is our coach really making the most of our talent?

I think so.

So you think taj would have fallen off a cliff after his first season with another coach???

Yes I am at every practice.......

We needed to play the young guys to see what they could give us. We knew what Rose, Gasol, Noah, Mike D, Jimmy, Taj, and Brooks would do. Nobody knew what Niko, Snell, or Doug would do... We need to actually play them consistent minutes to find out... its the only way.

Niko was playing great until the Thibs derailed him. He was playing every game consistent 25 minutes and was looking great. Then suddenly he is getting DNP, and 3 or 6 or 8 random mintues in a game. That is on Thibs... NOT Niko.

Snell has looked fantastic when we actually played him 28 minutes a game with the starters. Who wasnt playing him.. Thibs.

Who has Thibs been playing ... on yeah Kirk gets 28 minutes a game even thought he has the worst numbers in the league. You would think a coach could realize that right?!

Should we even talk about the rotations? I know you will say they must be great.

Also I dont know what people you know but.... Anyone who thought derek was coming back and staying healthy, Though Gasol would play at an All star level, Butler turning into a max contract player, Mirotic looking like a ROY candidate, Snell being very useful, Brooks being a top tier backup, and still thoguth we would be fighting for 4th in the East(same as last year) are idiots. :crazy: :crazy:
whodey
Starter
And1: 169

Post#771 » by whodey » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:34 pm

I believe Sacramento is 2.5 games out of the 11th pick. You never know, George Karl is a helluva regular season coach and he's got a week to implement his stuff. Let's hope for the best.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#772 » by TimRobbins » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:54 am

So can George Karl get these guys to play .500 ball for the last 30 games?
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#773 » by dice » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:27 am

TimRobbins wrote:So can George Karl get these guys to play .500 ball for the last 30 games?

very unlikely
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#774 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:47 am

If Kings are bottom 10 we dont get a pick,right? So we have just 1st rounder pick around 20-22?
Would you guys go for backup SF,backup PG or backup C first?
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,504

Post#775 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:20 am

You only get it if the Kings get the 11th pick or higher (12+)
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#776 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:03 pm

dice wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:So can George Karl get these guys to play .500 ball for the last 30 games?

very unlikely

Yeah, and even if they were to play .500 ball the rest of the way, they have to pass up and displace, FIVE teams. Denver, Utah, Charlotte , Boston, and Indiana. NOT happening. What I've been trying to say (a while ago I posted that it was delusional to think we are getting that pick this year) is that making up a few games on a team is not the big deal, never was, It's the number of teams ahead of them that ALL need to play like crap. Just too many teams between us and the prize. One of those teams is going to win a few games in a row and then it's over. Or two or three of those teams will have about the same winning % as the Kings, but they are ALL, already ahead of them. The odds have been astronomically against us getting that pick for some time now.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#777 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:07 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:You only get it if the Kings get the 11th pick or higher (12+)

You mean lower? It's top ten protected, the Kings have to pass up the five teams I mentioned above in the standing to be out of the top ten.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#778 » by TimRobbins » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
dice wrote:

very unlikely

Yeah, and even if they were to play .500 ball the rest of the way, they have to pass up and displace, FIVE teams. Denver, Utah, Charlotte , Boston, and Indiana. NOT happening. What I've been trying to (a while ago I posted that it was delusional to think we are getting that pick this year) is that making up a few games is not the big deal, never was, It's the number of teams ahead of them that ALL need to play like crap. Just too many teams between us and the prize. One of those teams is going to win a few games in a row and then it's over. Or two or three of those teams will have about the same winning % as the Kings, but they are ALL, already ahead of them. The odds have been astronomically against us getting that pick for some time now.

.500 ball in the final 28 games would put the at 33 wins. That should be enough for #11. However, considering they on have 13 games left against sub .500 teams, I think the odds of them getting those 14 wins are slim.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#779 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
dice wrote:very unlikely

Yeah, and even if they were to play .500 ball the rest of the way, they have to pass up and displace, FIVE teams. Denver, Utah, Charlotte , Boston, and Indiana. NOT happening. What I've been trying to (a while ago I posted that it was delusional to think we are getting that pick this year) is that making up a few games is not the big deal, never was, It's the number of teams ahead of them that ALL need to play like crap. Just too many teams between us and the prize. One of those teams is going to win a few games in a row and then it's over. Or two or three of those teams will have about the same winning % as the Kings, but they are ALL, already ahead of them. The odds have been astronomically against us getting that pick for some time now.

.500 ball in the final 28 games would put the at 33 wins. That should be enough for #11. However, considering they on have 13 games left against sub .500 teams, I think the odds of them getting those 14 wins are slim.

You're not understanding. 33 wins means nothing. The FIVE teams in between them and the 11th pick mean everything. They don't control their own destiny. They need help and tons of it from a lot of other teams. Take a F'Ton of luck for us to get that pick. The odds are very slim.

To really comprehend the odds you have to look at all the factors. When you look at the schedule the number of games against above and below.500 teams, you mentioned, is one... but a bigger one is the FIVE teams ahead of them.. so many nights they play each other too and one of those teams has to win. Every night that happens is a night they cannot make up any ground on one of those teams, It would just take so many things to break right
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#780 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:19 pm

whodey wrote:I believe Sacramento is 2.5 games out of the 11th pick. You never know, George Karl is a helluva regular season coach and he's got a week to implement his stuff. Let's hope for the best.

Here are the 10th teams # of wins the past 7 years
2014 - 34
2013 - 33
2012 - 32 (lockout)
2011 - 35
2010 - 32
2009 - 34T
2008 - 34

Right now the Hollinger Odds predict that a grouping of teams (Charlotte, Boston, Indiana, Miami, Detroit, Brooklyn) are all going to finish with 33 to 36 wins.

Best case scenario is Sacramento is above the following seven teams (Denver, Utah, LA, Minnesota, Orlando, Philly, NY). That means three of those six teams need to lose games and get passed by Sacramento. The problem is that they'll play each other so unless you get a perfect split, someone is going to win and that means Sacramento is probably looking at 35 wins to get to 11th.

Sacramento has two problems the rest of the way
1. They are -4 in home games
2. The Kings next 21 games have them playing 14 above .500 teams plus @ Miami

Unless they get hot and somehow survive this stretch, this idea should be on life support in two weeks, dead in a month
Memphis
San Antonio
Portland
@ NY
@ San Antonio (b2b)
@ Orlando
@ Miami (b2b)
@ Atlanta
@ Charlotte
@ Philly
@ Washington (b2b)
Atlanta