Image ImageImage Image

2014 Draft Prospect Thread IV (Picks 16, 19, 48)

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Re: 2014 Draft Prospect Thread IV (Picks 16, 19, 48) 

Post#41 » by Gregnice33 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:56 pm

GRADEN wrote:On Early... Wow this is a Thibs guy hands down. He has size and length to go with experience and a team first mentality... 49-38-84 with 16/6 in under 28mpg?? That is an efficient wing and he has prototype NBA size and athletic ability. He would be an ideal fit and I would be shocked (lol) if we passed on him.

Early seems like a Tweener to me, not really a SF and not big enough to be a PF.

I want a 2/3 swingman and a true big man (either a true PF or Center or a 4/5).
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
And1: 328

Post#42 » by Air Poohdini » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:10 pm

I really hope the Bulls package the picks and get us someone in the Top 10.
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Post#43 » by Gregnice33 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Air Poohdini wrote:I really hope the Bulls package the picks and get us someone in the Top 10.

What one player do you really want? We might be able to get 8-10. This draft is deep I thinking trading 2 for 1 is sacrificing too much.
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,957

Post#44 » by Axl Rose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Gregnice33 wrote:
AirGordon7 wrote:
Gregnice33 wrote:Rose, DJ, Kirk
Meeks, Young, BG7
Butler, MDJ, Snell
Taj, Mirotic, Payne
Noah, Hawes, Smith

Young fine/Payne fine/BG7 great

forget Philly's trash tho....meeks and hawes suck

I knew you agree with BG7 coming back :D

Both Meeks and Hawes have come long way since Philly.

Meeks played 33 minutes, shot 46% from field, 40% from 3, 86% from the line and averaged 16 point a game.

Hawes averaged 13 and 8 in 30 minutes, and shot 42% from 3 (on 4 attempts per game).

Who else can we afford and would fill a need if we don't get Melo and Lance (I don't even think we will offer Lance a contract)?

i think meeks is a product of MDA....i wouldn't mind him for the minimum but hes probably gonna get more than that.......hawes puts up nice stats but philly fans always talked trash about him

i would be really let down if our big offseason moves were meeks and hawes after all this anticipation

if we cant get melo i say save the "flexibility" for Love instead of wasting it on mediocre players
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
irish1234
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#45 » by irish1234 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
irish1234 wrote:1999–00 Courtney Alexander G Sr Fresno State
2000–01 Ronnie McCollum G Sr Centenary
2001–02 Jason Conley G Fr VMI
2002–03 Ruben Douglas G Sr New Mexico
2003–04 Keydren Clark G So Saint Peter's
2004–05 Keydren Clark (2) G Jr Saint Peter's
2005–06 Adam Morrison F Jr Gonzaga
2006–07 Reggie Williams G Jr VMI
2007–08 Reggie Williams (2) G Sr VMI
2008–09 Stephen Curry G Jr Davidson
2009–10 Aubrey Coleman G Sr Houston
2010–11 Jimmer Fredette G Sr BYU
2011–12 Reggie Hamilton G Sr Oakland
2012–13 Erick Green G Sr Virginia Tech
2013–14 Doug McDermott F Sr Creighton Top leaders in point for the last ten years, not a good list to be on, bulls FO do your homework :banghead:

That list is irrelevant for determining whether a prospect will end up being a good NBA player.

Sent from The HTC One Max using Tapatalk

SO why is there only one player in the last ten years, on the list that become a good nba player, i didnt make-up the list , the odds are what they are. 1 out of 10 , and it proves just because you score a lot of points in college it could also be irrelevant for determining whether a prospect will end up being a good NBA player.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#46 » by Ralphb07 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:04 pm

I'll say it 100 times but Young, Stauskas or Anderson at 16 and Payne at 19, I'll be one happy guy
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,835

Post#47 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 pm

In about a month (May 20th) we'll get a better understanding of who will likely go to which team as the lottery draft order will be announced.

I'm excited for the current playoff series, and yet I have one eye definitely on next season, with so much on the line with the draft, free agency and of course, Derrick's return.
Why so serious?
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#49 » by theanimal23 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Any intriguing prospects for our second round pick?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#50 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
greenl wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:ESPN released their new mock today, with us taking PJ Hairston at 16 and Payne at 19. We havent discussed Hairston too much, but he would be an awesome fit. He's NBA ready, great shooter, good size at the 2. FWIW he did tear it up during his time in the D-League. Maybe we should give this guy a closer look.

Would love if they picked up Hairston with one of their two picks. He ready to get minutes at the SG spot right now.

If hairston is good now then why wasnt glen rice jr good last season? about the same production.

Because draft to draft you can learn a lesson? Snell seemed a prototype for a Rose lead team and a Thibs guy. In retrospect I am sure now it would be different for this season.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#51 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:08 am

Kyle Anderson's success at the next level is going to be very dependent on fit. He needs to lead his team on the court and be the main facilitator. He reminds me of Hedo Turkolgou, a point forward who's best when integral to the offense.

He'd be an interesting fit here as the facilitator of the second unit, again though, we'd have to let Anderson be Anderson, if forced into an unnatural role, the results won't be pretty.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#52 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:12 am

Gregnice33 wrote:
Air Poohdini wrote:I really hope the Bulls package the picks and get us someone in the Top 10.

What one player do you really want? We might be able to get 8-10. This draft is deep I thinking trading 2 for 1 is sacrificing too much.

While I agree with what you said I am not sure any team is trading down. This isn't like the NFL draft. Teams rarely trade more than a spot down.
Action Paxson
Head Coach
And1: 63

Post#53 » by Action Paxson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:26 am

I don't really see a rotation spot opening up for a rookie, so I wouldn't mind seeing the Bulls take on a bit of a project for one of the picks. Jerami Grant, Zach LaVine, Clint Capela, and Glenn Robinson III all have ceilings that will far outweigh their draft positions. They all could end up being Devin Ebanks, Austin Rivers, Hilton Armstrong, and Rodney Carney though.

Adreian Payne seems like an obvious pick if he is there at 19. The Bulls may have overthought it a bit by passing on Dieng and Plumlee last year. Payne is going to have a nice career and is a great fit with the Bulls.

Kyle Anderson is a big no for the Bulls. That guy's success is going to be all about finding the right fit, and it isn't Chicago.

Has anyone watched a lot of Vasilje Micic? I am expecting the Bulls to look real hard at developing a guard since the Teague experiment failed. He seems to be one of the few PGs with 1st round buzz. Seems like a cerebral player with good size.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
Bulls_Fan
Head Coach
And1: 815
Location: Don't mess with the BULLS young man, you'll get the horns

Post#54 » by Bulls_Fan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 am

Somehow we need to get some size on the roster. Maybe the Bulls think they are set after getting Greg Smith. I don't think the Bulls will be moving up. If they wanted to, odds are it would cost them Butler or Taj. Let's say the Lakers end up w/ the 7th pick and no one is there that they like. Would you trade Taj+19 for the Lakers pick? We shed more money for the offseason and get a top 10 talent?

I want a guy in this draft who specializes in something. Last year we bypassed a group of bigs who were defensive studs for a guy who will need years to develop. If we can get a shooter like Staukus or McDermott I'd be thrilled. Sure these guys have holes on the defensive side but we need guys who are threats out there on the offensive side. McDermott would create a lot of matchup problems out there.

For a PG, I'd wait until the 2nd round and grab Russ Smith out of Louisville. He is a college leader at a big program. He can run an offense. I know that sounds simple but guys like that stick around for quite awhile.

Last year the Bulls treated the 2nd round like crap and missed out on a lot of good players: Mike Mascula who was a stud in the same league as Mirotic in in (Mascula avg 15 and 8). Nate Wolters had a real solid season for a back-up PG. A 7foot bruiser like Colton IVerson would have been nice.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 761

Post#55 » by othawhitemeat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:19 am

Bulls_Fan wrote:Somehow we need to get some size on the roster. Maybe the Bulls think they are set after getting Greg Smith. I don't think the Bulls will be moving up. If they wanted to, odds are it would cost them Butler or Taj. Let's say the Lakers end up w/ the 7th pick and no one is there that they like. Would you trade Taj+19 for the Lakers pick? We shed more money for the offseason and get a top 10 talent?

I want a guy in this draft who specializes in something. Last year we bypassed a group of bigs who were defensive studs for a guy who will need years to develop. If we can get a shooter like Staukus or McDermott I'd be thrilled. Sure these guys have holes on the defensive side but we need guys who are threats out there on the offensive side. McDermott would create a lot of matchup problems out there.

For a PG, I'd wait until the 2nd round and grab Russ Smith out of Louisville. He is a college leader at a big program. He can run an offense. I know that sounds simple but guys like that stick around for quite awhile.

Last year the Bulls treated the 2nd round like crap and missed out on a lot of good players: Mike Mascula who was a stud in the same league as Mirotic in in (Mascula avg 15 and 8). Nate Wolters had a real solid season for a back-up PG. A 7foot bruiser like Colton IVerson would have been nice.

I would only trade Taj and pick for a higher pick that would land us Exum. As for Russ Smith, I would love him on this team, but he is not a pure point guard. He is a very fast scoring guard that can score bunches in a hurry. He is a very good defender being only like 6'0. He would be good backup pg off the bench!
MadMike
Banned User
And1: 114

Post#56 » by MadMike » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 am

drosestruts wrote:Kyle Anderson's success at the next level is going to be very dependent on fit. He needs to lead his team on the court and be the main facilitator. He reminds me of Hedo Turkolgou, a point forward who's best when integral to the offense.

He'd be an interesting fit here as the facilitator of the second unit, again though, we'd have to let Anderson be Anderson, if forced into an unnatural role, the results won't be pretty.

He reminds me of a taller Shaun Livingston. 2" taller and growing. He is a can't miss project based on his height, length, court awareness, shooting and ball handling abilities. Anytime you can find a guy who has the height of a PF and the skills of a PG take him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p9CCWmRi3xg
cark
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#57 » by cark » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:46 am

greenl wrote:All fair questions about Anderson. Though, I can't imagine that a good coach won't find a way to make use of his skills. Think Popovich could work him into the Spurs offense?

I think that would be the perfect situation for Anderson -- assuming the Spurs remain pretty much as constructed this year.
MadMike
Banned User

Post#58 » by MadMike » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 am

The teams that pass on this kid will wish they hadn't. Kyle Anderson is Unique Good w/ size and basketball brains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FrinS5OexTo

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#59 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:53 am

MadMike wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Kyle Anderson's success at the next level is going to be very dependent on fit. He needs to lead his team on the court and be the main facilitator. He reminds me of Hedo Turkolgou, a point forward who's best when integral to the offense.

He reminds me of a taller Shaun Livingston. 2" taller and growing. He is a can't miss project based on his height, length, court awareness, shooting and ball handling abilities. Anytime you can find a guy who has the height of a PF and the skills of a PG take him.

Shaun Livingston was a freak athlete, in my mind, they're not similar at all.

Position is often defined as who you can defend, yes Livingston is tall, but he's capable of guarding point guards, Anderson is not.
MadMike
Banned User

Post#60 » by MadMike » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:06 am

drosestruts wrote:
MadMike wrote:

Shaun Livingston was a freak athlete, in my mind, they're not similar at all.

Position is often defined as who you can defend, yes Livingston is tall, but he's capable of guarding point guards, Anderson is not.

If you think so, but Kyle Anderson isn't as slow as people make him out to be. He plays the game like a 10 yr vet. I'm willing to bet anyone that he'll be a All Star in 3 yrs. There's something about him and his game which has that "It" factor.

Return to Chicago Bulls