Image ImageImage Image

Ralph's Rumors

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Ralph's Rumors 

Post#1 » by Ralphb07 » Mon May 5, 2014 10:27 pm

I won't do this much but after all the support I received I felt this was a good way to show my appreciation.

Now before I go any further, this is from multiple people and I am highly drugged so it may not make sense but I will do my best..

Plan A is Carmelo

Plan B is Nikola

Plan C is Gordon Hayward. The hope would be Utah doesn't match.

Also heard the Bulls really like Doug McDermott a lot.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Re: Ralph's Rumors 

Post#2 » by BahamaBull » Mon May 5, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks for the update...

Ralph is back before D-Rose :)

Keep getting better my friend!
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#3 » by Rerisen » Mon May 5, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks Ralph, hope you're doing well.

On the rumors, can't say I'm surprised. Bulls like Gordon Hayward...

But of the three names, its the classic "one thing is not like the other" they test for little kids in school.

Hayward doesn't make sense *instead* of Mirotic, they should be lumping him with Niko as an alt combo plan to Melo.

Same thing with Mirotic, if they think he is a legit alternative to Melo as a rookie, that's pretty goofy.

I'm praying for Melo more and more everyday as the uncreative storm coalescing on our future without him is looking pretty unimpressive.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#4 » by otwok » Mon May 5, 2014 10:33 pm

Glad Stephenson is not in the rumors.
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#5 » by PMONSTER » Mon May 5, 2014 10:34 pm

I have always wondered to what extent is plan A is Melo.

Are we willing to trade Taj? Im talking the FO of course....
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Rerisen » Mon May 5, 2014 10:36 pm

PMONSTER wrote:I have always wondered to what extent is plan A is Melo.

Are we willing to trade Taj?

If they aren't it's not a real Plan A.

Then its just a prayer. And we better hope Noah has some good ganja sessions with Melo to work his magic.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#7 » by erlim » Mon May 5, 2014 10:36 pm

Ralph always a pleasure to hear from you on this board. Glad you're working your way back! Best!
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#8 » by Payt10 » Mon May 5, 2014 10:38 pm

Hayward isn't bad, but he's on that same tier as a Luol Deng. Solid player, but doesn't do much for me. Not a particularly great offensive player. Inconsistent shooter, shaky ball handler, not somebody you're going to give the ball to and say "Go get yours." Signing him would feel like we are just going back in time a couple of years, but the end result would be the same.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,866

Post#9 » by TheSuzerain » Mon May 5, 2014 10:39 pm

I like that they have Hayward above Stephenson/others.

The fact that Mirotic is a separate plan is a bit concerning though.

Edit: And great to hear from you, Ralph!
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,338

Post#10 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon May 5, 2014 10:41 pm

Payt10 wrote:Hayward isn't bad, but he's on that same tier as a Luol Deng. Solid player, but doesn't do much for me. Not a particularly great offensive player. Inconsistent shooter, shaky ball handler, not somebody you're going to give the ball to and say "Go get yours."

I would agree that they're same tier but Hayward brings a different skillset that fits better.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#11 » by kulaz3000 » Mon May 5, 2014 10:41 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:I won't do this much but after all the support I received I felt this was a good way to show my appreciation.

Now before I go any further, this is from multiple people and I am highly drugged so it may not make sense but I will do my best..

Plan A is Carmelo

Plan B is Nikola

Plan C is Gordon Hayward. The hope would be Utah doesn't match.

Also heard the Bulls really like Doug McDermott a lot.

Thank goodness that there is no mention of Lance. I would have slapped you.

Seriously though, as much as I like Gordon Hayward as a player and a player who has the potential to continue to grow and develop, the amount of coin he is likely to be offered by desperate franchises, I can't see him being a viable option at the end of the day. To me, anything more than 12-13 million per year for someone like Gordon would be a massive over-pay for what he is capable of producing.
Why so serious?
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#12 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon May 5, 2014 10:41 pm

I knew it! Hayward time.

He makes too much sense.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#13 » by Ralphb07 » Mon May 5, 2014 10:43 pm

Rerisen wrote:Thanks Ralph, hope your doing well.

But of the three names, its the classic "one thing is not like the other" they test for little kids in school.

Hayward doesn't make sense *instead* of Mirotic, they should be lumping him with Hayward as an alt combo plan to Melo.

Same thing with Mirotic, if they think he is a legit alternative to Melo as a rookie, that's pretty goofy.

In regards to Nikola, of course it's not him and nothing else. We will add something else via Boozer which should be a 7 mil player if we use the amnesty clause or what we land via trade. Teams will be willing to take on Boozer's expiring deal to gain space for the 2015 summer.

Plan C seems to be Rose, Hayward, Butler, Gibson and Noah.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,410

Post#14 » by jump » Mon May 5, 2014 10:44 pm

If you amnesty or trade Boozer to get Melo, you do everything you can to keep Taj. I mean, we DO need a PF don't we.

Reading between Ralph's lines, it seems that if we get Melo, we let Mirotic sit in Europe another season. If no Melo, we do what we have to do to get Miro here. If that's unworkable, Gordon Hayward.

Taj would stay in Plan A and Plan C. Probably in Plan B, too.
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#15 » by Ralphb07 » Mon May 5, 2014 10:46 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Thanks Ralph, hope your doing well.

Hayward doesn't make sense *instead* of Mirotic, they should be lumping him with Hayward as an alt combo plan to Melo.

In regards to Nikola, of course it's not him and nothing else. We will add something else via Boozer which should be a 7 mil player if we use the amnesty clause or what we land via trade. Teams will be willing to take on Boozer's expiring deal to gain space for the 2015 summer.

Plan C seems to be Rose, Hayward, Butler, Gibson and Noah.

Also let me clarify B and C, because maybe we sign Nikola and then look to unload Mike to offer Gordan Hayward 10 mil. Like I said before I got this after surgery and I am not all there right now. Looking at a computer screen makes me want to throw up.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Rerisen » Mon May 5, 2014 10:51 pm

Ralphb07 wrote: Also let me clarify B and C, because maybe we sign Nikola and then look to unload Mike to offer Gordan Hayward 10 mil. Like I said before I got this after surgery and I am not all there right now. Looking at a computer screen makes me want to throw up.

Hope it wasn't my post that caused the nausea, having that on my conscience with KC is bad enough.

Anyhow, Ralph, if Plan B is Mirotic, we can land him while still keeping Boozer no?

Or would you say Boozer amnesty OR trade is 100%?
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#17 » by Keller61 » Mon May 5, 2014 10:54 pm

Is there a reason Hayward's 3pt% dropped from 41% to 30% this year? The last thing we need is to give a big contract to a guy who can't shoot.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Rerisen » Mon May 5, 2014 10:55 pm

Keller61 wrote:Is there a reason Hayward's 3pt% dropped from 41% to 30% this year? The last thing we need is to give a big contract to a guy who can't shoot.

Yeah he tried to be a self creator this year and pretty much fell on his face at it - you know the one thing we need more than anything else.

Year | Assisted Rate | TS%

2012: 71% | .568%
2013: 69% | .564%
2014: 50% | .520%
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#19 » by Proven_Winner » Mon May 5, 2014 10:55 pm

Keller61 wrote:Is there a reason Hayward's 3pt% dropped from 41% to 30% this year? The last thing we need is to give a big contract to a guy who can't shoot.

Probably due to more usage because big Al and Milsap is gone.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#20 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon May 5, 2014 10:58 pm

Rerisen wrote:

Yeah he tried to be a self creator this year and pretty much fell on his face at it - you know the one thing we need more than anything else.

He had no help what do you expect to happen?

Return to Chicago Bulls