Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA 16: Let The Games Begin

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,485

Re: Around the NBA 16: Summer time 

Post#381 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 pm

RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#382 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Noah is so awesome, enough of all this buddy buddy nonsense in the league
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#383 » by MalikJoakim24 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:59 pm

CousinOfDeath wrote:We need an official, stickied, **** you Carmelo thread.

that would show we are mad...

i aint even mad cuz i'll be too happy when we are kicking his ass this season and i dont even know if the knicks will make the playoffs this season.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#384 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:55 am

Off topic, but Stephen A Smith really put his foot in his mouth this morning on first take. Pretty much said something ridiculously wrong and then went on twitter to try and defend it. Sometimes it's better to just stfu...but that concept doesn't appeal to SAS. :nonono:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Sever82
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#385 » by Sever82 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:Off topic, but Stephen A Smith really put his foot in his mouth this morning on first take. Pretty much said something ridiculously wrong and then went on twitter to try and defend it. Sometimes it's better to just stfu...but that concept doesn't appeal to SAS. :nonono:

Can we examine this? Because what I got from his segment on first take is that DOmestic violence should not be tolerated at all and that a man should never punch a woman under any circumstances and then he went onto to say that a woman should also be responsible for her actions of possibly provoking the action. In the case of Ray rice, his wife was supposedly beating on him before he hit her. So if I didn't mishear SAS, I have no beef with his message. I feel both parties are to blame for their actions. Again maybe I misheard SAS
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#386 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:51 am

Sever82 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:Off topic, but Stephen A Smith really put his foot in his mouth this morning on first take. Pretty much said something ridiculously wrong and then went on twitter to try and defend it. Sometimes it's better to just stfu...but that concept doesn't appeal to SAS. :nonono:

Can we examine this? Because what I got from his segment on first take is that DOmestic violence should not be tolerated at all and that a man should never punch a woman under any circumstances and then he went onto to say that a woman should also be responsible for her actions of possibly provoking the action. In the case of Ray rice, his wife was supposedly beating on him before he hit her. So if I didn't mishear SAS, I have no beef with his message. I feel both parties are to blame for their actions. Again maybe I misheard SAS

yeah, you're right...Some women just be asking for a beating. :noway: :nonono:

There is no room for discussion if you really believe that. Sorry, none.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#387 » by kyrv » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:44 am

Sever82 wrote:

You said both "violence should not be tolerated at all and that a man should never punch a woman under any circumstances" or "I feel both parties are to blame for their actions.".

Seems conflicting.

What SAS did was do the back-door thing, where he leads with violence should never happen, then works his say to what he really believes, which is blaming the victim for the violence.

SAS doesn't know what 'never' means apparently.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#388 » by Hangtime84 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:06 am

People shouldn't have to resort to violence to get their point across. But it happens all the time. Situation getting heated remove yourself from it. I'm more on side of equal rights. Don't expect someone not to "IN" on you if that person provokes first.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcgxUEC2MFo[/youtube]
Education system is partial to blame
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Sever82
Veteran

Post#389 » by Sever82 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:07 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Sever82 wrote:

Relax buddy, I'm not saying women are asking for a beating. Man or female, it's wrong for anyone to put their hands on someone. What I'm saying as if someone provokes an action ( man or female) they should also be held responsible. I'm not saying women specifically provoke actions, I'm saying both, as in you have to be held responsible, regardless of sex, there shouldn't be a double standard. Like for example if someone talks crap to a police office and starts punching an officer then the officer in turn loses his or her cool and beats the crap out of the person. I blame the officer for losing their cool in that situation but that person who provoked the officer should be held responsible, whether they are male or female.
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
Sever82
Veteran

Post#390 » by Sever82 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:10 am

kyrv wrote:
Sever82 wrote:

You said both "violence should not be tolerated at all and that a man should never punch a woman under any circumstances" or "I feel both parties are to blame for their actions.".

Seems conflicting.

What SAS did was do the back-door thing, where he leads with violence should never happen, then works his say to what he really believes, which is blaming the victim for the violence.

SAS doesn't know what 'never' means apparently.

Not really, what I'm saying is violence should not be tolerated but sometimes it presents itself in a situation regardless and in that instance, both parties should be held responsible.
Sever82
Veteran

Post#391 » by Sever82 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:33 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Sever82 wrote:

Also, if you're taking my comments to an extreme, then I guess according to you, a woman is justified in hitting her spouse if the end result is her also getting hit. And also, a discussion is a discussion, you're not the end all in this discussion which is why we are on a message board
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#392 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:47 am

Your example is not what Stephen a Smith was talking about.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#393 » by Southpaw » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:59 am

Not sure which is funnier, Booze being penciled as a starting SF by LAL or the NYKs trade offer for Kevin Love.

:lol:
Sever82
Veteran

Post#394 » by Sever82 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:Your example is not what Stephen a Smith was talking about.

Which is why on my original post I said I'm not sure if I was understanding him correctly on his view compared to mine. If SAS is saying Women specifically are to blame for their own domestic violence or assault, than yes he's wrong but if he is saying regardless of sex, the person provoking the actions shouldn't be blameless, then that's my line of thinking
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#395 » by chadrucf » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Azkal wrote:Not sure which is funnier, Booze being penciled as a starting SF by LAL or the NYKs trade offer for Kevin Love.

:lol:

Both equally hilarious.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#396 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Sever82 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:Your example is not what Stephen a Smith was talking about.

Which is why on my original post I said I'm not sure if I was understanding him correctly on his view compared to mine. If SAS is saying Women specifically are to blame for their own domestic violence or assault, than yes he's wrong but if he is saying regardless of sex, the person provoking the actions shouldn't be blameless, then that's my line of thinking

SAS rant was clearly talking about how a woman who is in a domesticly viloent relationship needs to watch what she does to not provoke that type of action towards her. That is essectially what he said, which is ridiculously ignorant and stupid.

He's talking about how the victim is should also take blame. He's a moron.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#397 » by RememberLu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Loudmouth SAS discovered what happens when being a loudmouth goes bad.

hopefully one of these guys says something so bad one of these days that First Take gets canceled, that'd be pretty sweet
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#398 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Kidd broke it off with his wife because she was abusive supposedly
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Jordan Rose123
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#399 » by Jordan Rose123 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:21 pm

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/543427

Well, it's no surprise that the Minnesota Timberwolves "balked" at this deal.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Knicks swung for the fences by offering Amar'e Stoudemire, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Iman Shumpert to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love.

The long-shot offer, which was inevitably declined, apparently "never stood much of a chance" and it's not hard to see why.

Stoudemire, who averaged a career-low 22.6 minutes last season due to nagging knee and ankle problems, is set to receive a ludicrous $23,410,988 in the final year of his contract. It's hard to imagine that the Timberwolves would want to take on a contract like that - even if it is only for one year - since they're already looking to unload J.J. Barea and Kevin Martin, who is due $21 million over the next three seasons.

Furthermore, no future draft picks were offered to the Timberwolves, who almost certainly wouldn't accept a deal with the Knicks unless it included a first-round pick. Of course, New York can't offer any future picks that come before the 2018 NBA Draft because of the selections that were dealt away upon acquiring Carmelo Anthony and Andrea Bargnani.

But more important than anything, the Timberwolves are negotiating with franchises that can offer far more for the UCLA product than the Knicks can at this moment.

The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be the primary suitor to land Love, although if Andrew Wiggins is to be packaged in a deal for the three-time All-Star - as Minnesota is reportedly insisting on - they'll have to wait 30 days before completing a trade as Wiggins only signed his rookie-scale contract on Thursday.

It should also be noted that the Knicks will have enough cap space next summer to offer Love a maximum contract should he play out the final year of his contract with the Timberwolves and subsequently become a free agent.

Stupid ass knicks, lol
You mad?
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,485

Post#400 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:07 pm

not going to lie its going to be cool seeing lebron first home game back, its just the basketball fan in me....i will hate him shortly after im sure lol

Return to Chicago Bulls