Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA 16: Let The Games Begin

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,293

Re: Around the NBA 16: Summer time 

Post#41 » by dumbell78 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 3:33 am

Profound23 wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:
Costa78 wrote:Bleacher Report is stating that the 6ers are working on a deal for Amare Stodamire.....what's next?

If Philly takes Amare, it will be a real surprise that the Bulls cannot find a taker for Boozer's contract. Boozer is healthier, has less salary and the Bulls can give picks/assets. I don't know what to say if Amare goes to Philly and the Bulls cannot unload Boozer...that looks bad on GarPax's resume.

The Knicks are offering Shumpert with Amare's contract for basically a 2nd round pick to whoever is listening.

We would have to offer Boozer and Butler for the same thing. Would rather just keep Butler and amnesty Boozer unless it guarantees we get Love or Melo.

I think the value of a 1st rounder or Jimmy eclipses shump, it ain't even close. Jimmy is easily the better player and the 1st rounder costs you nothing in cap space, and add the fact Boozer costs 6 million less and can still contribute. Mind blowing if Philly does that deal.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#42 » by Muggsy Bogues » Tue Jul 8, 2014 3:34 am

Coming soon to a street corner near you!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61kFNY8pRrs[/youtube]
comic sans
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#43 » by comic sans » Tue Jul 8, 2014 5:42 am

Muggsy Bogues wrote:Coming soon to a street corner near you!

:crazy:

damn looks like Mark's really fallen off the wagon after getting canned
consultant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#44 » by consultant » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:00 am

Quite literally - just over the Hollywood Hills from me. No wonder the Warriors got rid of this guy. Why is he doing this in LA anyway? We already have plenty of homeless people who say the same things every day.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#46 » by Muggsy Bogues » Tue Jul 8, 2014 2:52 pm

consultant wrote:

Quite literally - just over the Hollywood Hills from me. No wonder the Warriors got rid of this guy. Why is he doing this in LA anyway? We already have plenty of homeless people who say the same things every day.

Because he lives in LA and has a church in the area.
jumpmanjay
Analyst
And1: 703

Post#47 » by jumpmanjay » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:19 pm

What do you guys think about Westbrook bowing out of USA Basketball...and what implications does that have on Rose?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/russell-we ... 42199.html
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#48 » by suckfish » Tue Jul 8, 2014 7:17 pm

Jesus!
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#49 » by khufure » Tue Jul 8, 2014 7:26 pm

jumpmanjay wrote:What do you guys think about Westbrook bowing out of USA Basketball...and what implications does that have on Rose?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/russell-we ... 42199.html

Good news. Rose needs to 1.) make the team 2.) galvanize. This will help Rose to make the team.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#50 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Jul 8, 2014 7:28 pm

dumbell78 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:The Knicks are offering Shumpert with Amare's contract for basically a 2nd round pick to whoever is listening.

We would have to offer Boozer and Butler for the same thing. Would rather just keep Butler and amnesty Boozer unless it guarantees we get Love or Melo.

I think the value of a 1st rounder or Jimmy eclipses shump, it ain't even close. Jimmy is easily the better player and the 1st rounder costs you nothing in cap space, and add the fact Boozer costs 6 million less and can still contribute. Mind blowing if Philly does that deal.

Boozer and Butler have way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way more value in a trade than Amare and Shumpert. Both of those guys have net negative value.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,486

Post#51 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 9:23 pm

Chicago Bulls athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi has left Bulls to take a position at Oregon State.

Source: K.C. Johnson

Thank God
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#52 » by keloms » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:33 pm

Another candidate off the table. LMA says he'll sign a 5 yr extension with the Blazers next summer.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BlazerFreeman/status/486638261960331264[/tweet]
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#53 » by BR0D1E86 » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:41 pm

keloms wrote:Another candidate off the table. LMA says he'll sign a 5 yr extension with the Blazers next summer.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BlazerFreeman/status/486638261960331264[/tweet]

This guy says, "I think not."
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#54 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Jul 9, 2014 1:18 am

BeatDaHeat420 wrote:Chicago Bulls athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi has left Bulls to take a position at Oregon State.

Thank God

Now to see who takes over. I know we had Swanson overseeing the staffs but she is more of the VP of training than the day to day GM type.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#55 » by League Circles » Wed Jul 9, 2014 5:46 am

BeatDaHeat420 wrote:Chicago Bulls athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi has left Bulls to take a position at Oregon State.

Thank God

Wow. I gotta guess he was forced out and allowed to look for another job so he and the Bulls could save face.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#56 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 9, 2014 12:05 pm

On the GB they're voting for the worst contract so far this off-season - I voted for Channing Frye's 4 year, 32 million dollar deal. Absolutely stupid.

I was surprised to see Meeks out in front, and by a considerable margin as well. Even Avery Bradley at 4/32 has had more votes than Frye.

Where would you guys rate your worst contracts? I think Frye's is horrible, Meeks is a really stupid overpay but at least it fills a need, and Bradley's is about what I would've expected.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#57 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jul 9, 2014 1:19 pm

GimmeDat wrote:On the GB they're voting for the worst contract so far this off-season - I voted for Channing Frye's 4 year, 32 million dollar deal. Absolutely stupid.

I was surprised to see Meeks out in front, and by a considerable margin as well. Even Avery Bradley at 4/32 has had more votes than Frye.

Where would you guys rate your worst contracts? I think Frye's is horrible, Meeks is a really stupid overpay but at least it fills a need, and Bradley's is about what I would've expected.

Bradley's is terrible. Its got my vote - though Ben Gordon's is a close second.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,613

Post#58 » by Profound23 » Wed Jul 9, 2014 1:21 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:On the GB they're voting for the worst contract so far this off-season - I voted for Channing Frye's 4 year, 32 million dollar deal. Absolutely stupid.

Bradley's is terrible. Its got my vote - though Ben Gordon's is a close second.

Yeah I chose Bradley. However, when it's all said and done I think it will be Hayward.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#59 » by panthermark » Wed Jul 9, 2014 3:14 pm

That three way deal is HORRIBLE for us if we don't get Melo. Boston is now loaded with assets for a Love trade.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,273

Post#60 » by kodo » Wed Jul 9, 2014 3:20 pm

Looks like Hayward will get a max contract from either NO or Utah if they match.

I'm not surprised one bit, although I bet quite a few people will be disgusted.

Return to Chicago Bulls