Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA 16: Let The Games Begin

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Re: Around the NBA 16: Summer time 

Post#81 » by pylb » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:14 am

Azkal wrote:
pylb wrote:
Azkal wrote:I thought Dirk already agreed with an extension with DAL? Morey is salty because of the Parson's offer sheet hahaha

That was a verbal agreement, he couldn't actually, officially, sign it before today.

Yeah, but I don't really see Dirk leaving the Mavs for a rival.

I don't think anybody does, Dirk is probably laughing right now.

It's just Morey being petty.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#82 » by Southpaw » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 am

pylb wrote:
Azkal wrote:
pylb wrote:That was a verbal agreement, he couldn't actually, officially, sign it before today.

Yeah, but I don't really see Dirk leaving the Mavs for a rival.

I don't think anybody does, Dirk is probably laughing right now.

It's just Morey being petty.

And salty :lol:
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#83 » by bledredwine » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Hmmm I wonder when Houston will figure out that offense isn't their big problem.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#84 » by drosestruts » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Things really aren't shaking out too well for Deng here during this free agency.

The latest rumor has Houston and Dallas now engaging in a Sign & Trade involving Chandler Parsons, the piece going back to Houston could be Marion. Giving both Houston and Dallas small forwards and no signifigant cap space.

Washington's still out there but they're believe to retain Ariza, after that, where does Deng turn??

I'd imagine Cleveland will just develop the young guys if LeBron doesn't come.

Would Miami want him to replace James? If James and Bosh leave, what would they really be building towards?

Who's still out there?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#85 » by MrSparkle » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:18 pm

drosestruts wrote:Things really aren't shaking out too well for Deng here during this free agency.

The latest rumor has Houston and Dallas now engaging in a Sign & Trade involving Chandler Parsons, the piece going back to Houston could be Marion. Giving both Houston and Dallas small forwards and no signifigant cap space.

Washington's still out there but they're believe to retain Ariza, after that, where does Deng turn??

Would Miami want him to replace James? If James and Bosh leave, what would they really be building towards?

Who's still out there?

Surprisingly still a lot of teams:

Hawks -- I thought they're very interested?

Suns -- He'd probably be a Plan D, but still an upgrade over Green and the Morris Bros.

Sixers -- Deng won't win them any games (which is actually a good thing in Philly's tanking mind), but he might be a good mentor and at least get that uber young team to buy into defense and effort.

Pistons -- Could look to move Josh Smith and replace him with Deng, which would be so much better for Monroe/Drummond tandem.

I think best spot at this point is Atlanta.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#86 » by drosestruts » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Things really aren't shaking out too well for Deng here during this free agency.

Who's still out there?

Suns -- He'd probably be a Plan D, but still an upgrade over Green and the Morris Bros.

Sixers -- Deng won't win them any games (which is actually a good thing in Philly's tanking mind), but he might be a good mentor and at least get that uber young team to buy into defense and effort.

Pistons -- Could look to move Josh Smith and replace him with Deng, which would be so much better for Monroe/Drummond tandem.

Good call on the Hawks. They would be a good fit.

Thabo-Deng-Korver it'd be like a Bulls reunion
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,568

Post#87 » by dice » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:42 pm

bob ryan thinks wizards favorites to come out of the east if lebron goes back to cleveland
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
BroncosLite58
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#88 » by BroncosLite58 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:00 pm

bledredwine wrote:Hmmm I wonder when Houston will figure out that offense isn't their big problem.

If they figured that out, Mchale would have been fired by now. Bosh would improve that defense though especially since he would go back to playing the 4 which is his natural position anyways.

If Rockets can get Ariza and Bosh this off-season then I think they would be the winners of this off-season unless the Cavs get Lebron and Love. Parsons is not worth that money, maybe half of it.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#89 » by qianlong » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm

MrSparkle wrote:

Who's still out there?

Lakeres?
if they don' re-sign Gasol, they have only Kobe and nash. Where are they goingo to spend that money?
Ball don't lie
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#90 » by qianlong » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 pm

dice wrote:bob ryan thinks wizards favorites to come out of the east if lebron goes back to cleveland

I would say cavs, as clear cut favorites if lebron goes there. LBJ, Irving, Wiggins, and a lot of young players to move for veterans and ring chasers.
Ball don't lie
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#91 » by ManualRam » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:07 am

kinda bulls related since he was taken with the bulls' pick. i know i wanted him. a few others on this board did too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/487195323065176064[/tweet]

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... ng-nuggets
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#92 » by GimmeDat » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:23 am

ManualRam wrote:kinda bulls related since he was taken with the bulls' pick. i know i wanted him. a few others on this board did too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/487195323065176064[/tweet]

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... ng-nuggets

Should be interesting to see how he goes. Wonder what his opportunity will be like there, because they have Mozgov and McGee at C.
ryan44
Analyst
And1: 985

Post#93 » by ryan44 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:09 am

So Danny Ferry may have screwed up today. If you recall, on June 30th, the Hawks acquired John Salmons from the Raptors for Lou William and Lucas Nogueira (2013 first round draft pick), presumably to help clear more cap space. The Hawks and Salmons agreed to extend the deadline by which the Hawks could buyout/waive him for next season for $1 million, instead of him being on the books for $7 million. Well, that extended deadline was today (July 10th). There's been no news about the Hawks buying out/waiving Salmons.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#94 » by GimmeDat » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 am

ryan44 wrote:So Danny Ferry may have screwed up today. If you recall, on June 30th, the Hawks acquired John Salmons from the Raptors for Lou William and Lucas Nogueira (2013 first round draft pick), presumably to help clear more cap space. The Hawks and Salmons agreed to extend the deadline by which the Hawks could buyout/waive him for next season for $1 million, instead of him being on the books for $7 million. Well, that extended deadline was today (July 10th). There's been no news about the Hawks buying out/waiving Salmons.

I vaguely recall something about John Salmons coming to a mutual agreement that they'd extend the waiver deadline or something along those lines. I doubt you'd see a GM screw up on something like that.

Even the Hawks fans are surprised by the look of it so maybe you're right though. Wow if true.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,338

Post#95 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:36 am

Gar Paxdorf wrote:
BeatDaHeat420 wrote:Chicago Bulls athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi has left Bulls to take a position at Oregon State.

Source: K.C. Johnson

Thank God

Wow. I gotta guess he was forced out and allowed to look for another job so he and the Bulls could save face.

IIRC he took the job to spend more time with his family. Surprisingly you assumed the negative.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#96 » by GimmeDat » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:45 am

This was actually pretty creative/funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOnlnFMqU_k[/youtube]
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#97 » by kingkirk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:43 am

My name sake is a god damn boss.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rockets_Fans_/status/487215901494624256[/tweet]
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,293

Post#98 » by dumbell78 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:59 am

Why can't Jerry recruit like that, we would have Melo signed already if he would just do what Cuban does. FML!

KingCuban wrote:My name sake is a god damn boss.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rockets_Fans_/status/487215901494624256[/tweet]
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#99 » by Rerisen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Not that surprised he is gong home. Miami was declining a lot more than many realized. And they are only getting older, the entire cast not just Wade.

We talked about this a lot during the Finals and many said, "LeBron is never leaving Miami, he'd be crazy."

Realistically, Miami may have been a better team for one more year, but long term, Cleveland will be better. Far younger assets, not having their whole cap tied into 3 players, 2 not that great, and a bunch of declining vets, which were all they had the ability to re-sign.
IWannaGoHIGHER
Veteran
And1: 326

Post#100 » by IWannaGoHIGHER » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Quick question on Houston's Cap:

- Paying Dwight Howard $21,436,271
- Paying James Harden $14,728,844
- Full max for Chris Bosh starts at a least $20,644,400 if I'm not mistaken

How can they then afford Parsons 3 year 45 million offer sheet? Is it because they still have his Bird rights?
I'm a bit confused how this can all still come together.

Return to Chicago Bulls