Image ImageImage Image

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERGING)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

EdXDavis21
Banned User
And1: 138

Just wondering... would the Bulls trade Noah? 

Post#601 » by EdXDavis21 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:10 am

If a good deal came up... would the Bulls dangle Noah... in such a scenario... or is he basically untouchable? what kind of offer... can the Lakers make to entice the Bulls management?
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Re: Just wondering... would the Bulls trade Noah? 

Post#602 » by musiqsoulchild » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 am

EdXDavis21 wrote:If a good deal came up... would the Bulls dangle Noah... in such a scenario... or is he basically untouchable? what kind of offer... can the Lakers make to entice the Bulls management?

Noah is more than just a good player for us. He is us.

I dont see him being traded.
For love, not money.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#603 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 am

Don't see it happening any time soon. He would have to have a major blowout with Thibs or somebody in the FO and I just can't imagine that going down.

Now, if he has a crap season and continues to be injured for the playoffs, I think they would consider it next summer.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
EdXDavis21
Banned User
And1: 138

Post#604 » by EdXDavis21 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:25 am

Thanks for your input... I figured he's untouchable.... probably more untouchable then Rose.... so I don't blame the Bulls.... he's there foundation when it comes to defense and protecting the paint.
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#605 » by WesleyExChiFan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:44 am

EdXDavis21 wrote:If a good deal came up... would the Bulls dangle Noah... in such a scenario... or is he basically untouchable? what kind of offer... can the Lakers make to entice the Bulls management?

Funny you should ask. I just made this thread over in the trades and transactions forum.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1356614
Trade ID #6525259

Noah for Splitter/Bellinelli

Spurs get the reigning DPOY and someone who contributes to their great ball movement and hustle.

Bulls get a hell of a backup center and a solid 2 guard.

Noah
Duncan
Kawhi
Green/Manu
Parker

Gasol/Splitter
Gibson/Mirotic
Dunleavy/Butler
Butler/Belinelli/
Rose/Hinrich/

I love Noah, but the fit this year isn't quite right. I think he'd be much more effective in San Antonio without any scoring responsibilities other than garbage points. The Bulls need a legit backup center so Gibson doesn't have to play the 5, which he's not suited for. This would move Gibson into the starting lineup and Mirotic to 6th man status, where I could see him having an impact similar to Diaw. The Bulls also need more ballhandlers and Belinelli has proven that he's up to the task in this system.

Hate to lose Noah, but it's a business as they say.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERG 

Post#606 » by MrSparkle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:00 am

The only players I'd trade Noah for are players that other teams wouldn't trade for Noah...

Lebron, Durant, Aldridge, Griffin, Marc Gasol, Bosh, Davis, etc.

All of those guys are "better" than Noah. After that, you're only downgrading though. Noah's got intangibles that dip into those which make "MVPs." He's not up there in terms of skills, but he sure looked like he belonged in last year's all-star game... cough, 8 months ago.

He'll work himself into better shape. No way in hell I'd gift-wrap him to the Spurs for Splitter. Are you nuts? Diaw/Green/Splitter and I'll talk.
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#607 » by WesleyExChiFan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 am

MrSparkle wrote:The only players I'd trade Noah for are players that other teams wouldn't trade for Noah...

Lebron, Durant, Aldridge, Griffin, Marc Gasol, Bosh, Davis, etc.

All of those guys are "better" than Noah. After that, you're only downgrading though. Noah's got intangibles that dip into those which make "MVPs." He's not up there in terms of skills, but he sure looked like he belonged in last year's all-star game... cough, 8 months ago.

He'll work himself into better shape. No way in hell I'd gift-wrap him to the Spurs for Splitter. Are you nuts? Diaw/Green/Splitter and I'll talk.

I'm just gauging value here. Also, the money isn't even close for Diaw/Green/Splitter.

The truth is, Noah is worth more to us than to anyone else. Ideally, you'd move him in a package for a legit secondary scorer, but I don't think we'll have that luxury. If Marc Gasol wanted to come play with his brother here in Chicago next year, then I'd do a SnT with Noah and pieces for sure.

I agree it's best to ride out his contract, but imo THIS is the year to win. If we don't, changes have to happen and that means Noah.

We have our future starters all lined up in Rose/Butler/McD/Mirotic. All except for Center. If we're thinking ahead, Noah can't be untouchable and I think the front office is going to be very realistic about what he's worth.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#608 » by MrSparkle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 am

wesleybullsfan wrote:I'm just gauging value here. Also, the money isn't even close for Diaw/Green/Splitter.

The truth is, Noah is worth more to us than to anyone else. Ideally, you'd move him in a package for a legit secondary scorer, but I don't think we'll have that luxury. If Marc Gasol wanted to come play with his brother here in Chicago next year, then I'd do a SnT with Noah and pieces for sure.

I agree it's best to ride out his contract, but imo THIS is the year to win. If we don't, changes have to happen and that means Noah.

We have our future starters all lined up in Rose/Butler/McD/Mirotic. All except for Center. If we're thinking ahead, Noah can't be untouchable and I think the front office is going to be very realistic about what he's worth.

I hear ya.. I guess an interesting note, is that near the end of their contracts, all of the Bulls golden boys have eventually been traded once their decline was overly apparent: Noc, Kirk, Deng.

I guess Deng's asking price on his looming extension had a lot to do with it... and I guess Noah will come down to the same issue. On one hand, I can see him giving the Bulls the hometown discount, especially if his game further declines as his injuries/speed worsen.. but the unrestricted market is a different animal. All things aside, his personality and leadership are great for our team... reminds me very much of Ben Wallace. Sadly, I can also see the same trajectory.

The biggest bummer is that Noah really hasn't had consistent playoff performances; I guess all due to injuries. In 2011, Asik/Taj were the better closing pair as he was battling plantar fasciitis. 2012, he hurt his ankle and left the Philly series (and kinda let Allen/Hawes torch us from outside). Came up big against the Nets (along with the rest of the team), but was irrelevant in the David/Goliath Heat series. In Washington, he was easily the biggest disappointment of them all; fresh off DPOY honors, he got absolutely mauled by Nene/Gortat.

But I will say, this team is DEFINITELY built for a 2-3 year window. Jimmy, Mirotic, McDermott and Snell all project to be better players by then... Rose's ACL injury will be long forgotten... Noah and Taj still have atleast 2 years left... and Pau/Kirk will still have some Brad Miller eye-brow fakes left in the tank. :)
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#609 » by Leto » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:52 pm

If Niko can produce, I think the guy to trade will be Gasol. I bet Phil Jackson wants him bad and would be willing to pay a price for him. But, that will be, at the earliest, next summer.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#610 » by pylb » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 pm

They want Marc not Pau. Jo would be much easier to move too. A big that can pass and defends fits the triangle.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#611 » by Nikola » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 pm

If Phili trades for Kirilenko and cuts him as rumored he could be a steal. We need another LeBron defender.

Snell,Bairstow,2rdp -Den- Foye
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#612 » by Leto » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:35 pm

pylb wrote:They want Marc not Pau. Jo would be much easier to move too. A big that can pass and defends fits the triangle.

Want in one hand and poop in the other....

I don't think Jo will be "easier" to move. In fact, I think it will be more difficult because his price will be much higher. Pau will be easier to move because his contract is great and we don't have to ask a king's ransom for him. Get us a pick and a young player with an expiring and roll out.

Again, however, the earliest this would be considered is next summer. Niko has a lot of developing to do.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#613 » by pylb » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Nikola wrote:If Phili trades for Kirilenko and cuts him as rumored he could be a steal. We need another LeBron defender.

Snell,Bairstow,2rdp -Den- Foye

I'd do it. Just a little afraid that he'd be overplayed by Thibs and hurt our spacing.
gstephanopulos
Sixth Man
And1: 823

Post#614 » by gstephanopulos » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Trade for Rondo

McBuckets/Rose for Rondo/Wallace only if Rondo re-signs here
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#615 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

gstephanopulos wrote:Trade for Rondo

Condo can't shoot/score and wants a max. No thanks.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,609

Post#616 » by Ice Man » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

MrSparkle wrote:The only players I'd trade Noah for are players that other teams wouldn't trade for Noah...

Oh, I'd trade Noah happily for a second-tier star. You gotta know when to fold them. At Jo's age and knees, he doesn't have much left. He almost surely will disappoint in his next contract, even if it is discounted on the expectation that he'll miss a lot of games.

He is a sharply declining asset.

Speaking purely in basketball terms, leaving aside symbol of the city, leadership of last year's team, etc.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#617 » by Payt10 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:17 pm

I would be very tempted to do this just to get rid of Rose, but Rondo is approaching 30 and still struggles to shoot the ball. IMO, he's still the best pure PG in the league when healthy, but this team is still probably going to need Derrick's scoring in the playoffs if they are going to win a championship. I don't feel comfortable riding an old Pau Gasol and an emerging Jimmy Butler as your #1 and #2 options.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#618 » by MrSparkle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Rose/Snell for Dragic/Tucker/Green and rights to Bogdanovic.

(j/k)

I do think the Rose stuff is being blown out of proportion. Again.

Thibs and Rose mutually agreed to let him sit out. I sense that Thibs' frustration is starting to show more than it used to, but I doubt he's genuinely pissed at Derrick for getting hurt, and he'd be pretty irrational to want him to play thru an injury in late Nov. given the previous outcomes of playing thru injuries.

We're all fed up with the injuries, but it's not even just Rose. It's our entire supposed core-3. Noah/Taj/Rose continually miss substantial amounts of games. Pau, Jimmy and Kirk are bruised up. McD and Snell are playing like turds.

I'm surprised Thibs hasn't gone apes*** in the press-room yet. Even then, deep-down he'd know all he can do is make the best of the situation and patiently wait it out.

Man, I just wish McDermott or Snell showed a lick of game. Marquis "Tyrus" Johnson up in the house. :noway:
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Post#619 » by vxmike » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:08 pm

McBuckets, Rose and the Bulls 1st this year (likely around 20th) for Green and an extended Rondo.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#620 » by logical_art » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:40 am

Who are the swingmen who might be available? We desperately need an upgrade there.

Return to Chicago Bulls