Image ImageImage Image

Love 4 Sale : He Loves us - He Loves us not

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Re: Love 4 Sale : He Loves us - He Loves us not 

Post#1761 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Rerisen wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:Anyway, couldn't Niko or Doug not be the high screen roll man? If Love's "clutch role" is to only be a high screener, then that's a colossal waste. Keep Love in the perimeter, and you lower the Bulls' chances of getting the offensive rebound, which has been a staple of Thibodeau's offense.

That's what Dirk did to help Barea get that ring. Would you call him a colossal waste?

But yeah, we can only pray that Mirotic can play such a role *in a few years*. But he is a rookie, and has two starter quality PF ahead of him.

The career arcs of our players are not consolidated well enough for an ideal win now push.

That's the point of a consolidation trade. Move some future talent for present talent.

What Dirk also had was a legitimate low post game (especially that fadeaway) that commanded double teams. The high pick and roll doesn't always work like it does in your magical Rose-Love world. When it didn't work for Barea and Nowitzki, JJ tossed the ball to Dirk in the low post, where he would, more often than not, hit that fadeaway over the outstretched arms of either LeBron or Joel Anthony. Just re-watch the 2011 Finals, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#1762 » by mj234eva » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 pm

D_GoLow wrote:
poolshark52 wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:2011 Bulls

PG. Rose/Watson
SG. Bogans/Korver
SF. Deng/Brewer
PF. Boozer/Taj
C. Noah/Asik

2014 Bulls

PG. Rose/Hinrich/Brooks
SG. Butler/Snell
SF. Dunleavy/McDermott
PF. Gasol/Taj
C. Noah/Bairstow

We're much deeper.

Hmm. I was looking at this and thinking just the opposite. Then I realized you left off Mirotic. That makes it better, but even then I'm not sure I find it much deeper.

Yes, I did forget Mirotic, my B.

The subtraction of Boozer in of itself is an addition. Then you add guys like Butler, Pau, a much improved & more assertive Gibson, & the potential of what Mirotic & McDermott can be.

There's also the potential to not be good this year. You're also banking on Pau being better in the playoffs than he has been the last 3 seasons, when his team has made it.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#1763 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

mj234eva wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:
poolshark52 wrote:
Hmm. I was looking at this and thinking just the opposite. Then I realized you left off Mirotic. That makes it better, but even then I'm not sure I find it much deeper.

The subtraction of Boozer in of itself is an addition. Then you add guys like Butler, Pau, a much improved & more assertive Gibson, & the potential of what Mirotic & McDermott can be.

There's also the potential to not be good this year. You're also banking on Pau being better in the playoffs than he has been the last 3 seasons, when his team has made it.

We're also banking on Rose to stay healthy
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#1764 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:What Dirk also had was a legitimate low post game (especially that fadeaway) that commanded double teams. The high pick and roll doesn't always work like it does in your magical Rose-Love world. When it didn't work for Barea and Nowitzki, JJ tossed the ball to Dirk in the low post, where he would, more often than not, hit that fadeaway over the outstretched arms of either LeBron or Joel Anthony.

We have Rose for iso scoring though.

And Love can score in the post. 23% of his offense came from the post last year and he scored at better efficiency than Gasol on those plays.

We aren't replicating any one team exactly. We will take part and elements, and some elements will be stronger for us than other teams and weaker in other areas. But overall with Love (and if we get Kmart), all the offensive pieces are there. We'll have a 25 PPG, 22 PPG, and 19 PPG top 3 options. Real offensive balance, Hallelujah!

While Derrick Rose and two totally unknown 2nd and 3rd options... what we have right now, is not the pieces being in place. Other than in fantasy hope-ville.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#1765 » by bad knees » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Wiggins has signed his contract. The Cavs' announcement gives him equal play with their second round pick (Joe Harris) who also signed today. Best evidence yet that Wiggins will not be a Cavalier for long.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/w ... ing-140724
bpchamp23
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#1766 » by bpchamp23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

There's a reason why the best player in the world is saying the hell with Andrew Wiggins.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3tlTdoRLnQ[/youtube]
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#1767 » by mj234eva » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 pm

KingJordan23 wrote:
mj234eva wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:

or that he's the same player he was (or better) by the playoffs...
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Post#1768 » by DRoseCantStop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:11 pm

bpchamp23 wrote:There's a reason why the best player in the world is saying the hell with Andrew Wiggins.

Wow, how the hell did I miss that video?!

GUYS, CHECK OUT 0:38 !!!!
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#1769 » by Benedict Miller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm

kurtatx wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:
kurtatx wrote:Kevin Love was going to go and resign with Cleveland before LeBron was a Cav? You must be joking.

This was calculated long before WE knew Lebron would be a Cav.

There was legitimate doubt that Love would sign a long term deal with the Cavs.

Have you read all of the players Lebron was looking forward to playing with in his letter? He said everyone elses name (including Waiters) but left out Wiggins & Bennett. Why? Because a deal was already in place. It's not hard. Have fun making trade scenerios and hopeful roster updates. Lebron & Love was happening all along.
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#1770 » by pb-ceo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Rerisen wrote:
bad knees wrote:Over on the Wolves board, they quoted some people who are saying that the holdup is that, in order for salaries to work, Wiggins needs to sign his contract (so his salary will count in the deal). But Wiggins does not want to go to Minnesota (he'd rather be in Cleveland playing next to Lebron on national tv), so he is delaying on signing it.

Even if the deal goes through, the question will be: who is the third team involved? Still possible for the Bulls to be involved a la Ralph's posts.

We aren't getting Wiggins!

However, if he is balking, making it known he won't stay in Minny past his deal, Kevin Love all over again in a few years (feel sorry for Minny) then maybe they pull out and do a deal with the Bulls. Image

they will hold wiggins bird rights and that's a long way away anyway. a lot can change. and it's no guarantee that buckets or miro would sign long term either.

all kevin has to do is have his agent suggest that he will not be signing an extension with any team other than CLE. I assume that behind the scenes he's making it pretty clear he wants to be in CLE with bron.
GMgoran
Banned User
And1: 206

Post#1771 » by GMgoran » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Rerisen wrote:With Dirk declining, I'm not sure there is a better player in the league to pair with Rose offensively tbh.

If the games were played 2-on-2, then you are probably correct ... Otherwise, I'd much prefer Gasol, Mirotic and McDermott as 3 offensive weapons next to Rose, at a total price of less than $15 million per season ...
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#1772 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 pm

GMgoran wrote:
Rerisen wrote:With Dirk declining, I'm not sure there is a better player in the league to pair with Rose offensively tbh.

If the games were played 2-on-2, then you are probably correct ... Otherwise, I'd much prefer Gasol, Mirotic and McDermott as 3 offensive weapons next to Rose, at a total price of less than $15 million per season ...

Except getting Love wouldn't be just 1 offensive weapon, you still get 5 players on the floor. And we'd still have Gasol on the team, and we'd have Martin on the perimeter, a more proven scorer than any wing we have now.

I doubt Gasol, Mirotic and McDermott ever even play in the same unit, due to defense. And even if they did, none are remotely the scoring threat Love is at this stage of any of their careers.

Quantity over quality has a big time losing history in the NBA in terms of titles.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach

Post#1773 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 pm

bpchamp23 wrote:There's a reason why the best player in the world is saying the hell with Andrew Wiggins.

Bumslaying an undersized Suns team. Even Taj and Carlos were feasting on them.
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#1774 » by pb-ceo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Rerisen wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:And when games are close in the end, and the pick and roll isn't producing anything, is Love a guy you'd want to throw the ball to and have him produce on his own? He couldn't do that in Minnesota; why would it be different in Chicago? If you say Derrick Rose, remember that JJ Barea was just as clutch of a player for the Mavs in the finals, and he was asked to have a similar role in Minny.

JJ Barea is no Derrick Rose. :lol:

Put Derrick in a high screen roll with Love, and good luck to the defense. It's going to be Rose getting into the paint unimpeded, scoring or dishing off, or if they trap off Love, a wide open Love 3 pointer.

well the way to defend that might be to force derrick to shoot mid range jumpers. until he proves he can make them again, defenses won't need luck. just strategy.
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Post#1775 » by DRoseCantStop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:

:roll:
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#1776 » by Benedict Miller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Cavs have signed Wiggins
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#1777 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

blumeany wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/492401508621635586[/tweet]

We all knew this for several weeks.
This is not a moment, it's a movement
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach

Post#1778 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

DRoseCantStop wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:

:roll:

:slowclap:
kurtatx
Starter
And1: 921

Post#1779 » by kurtatx » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

KingJordan23 wrote:
mj234eva wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:

You have to do that with your star player. That's the nature of the game.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#1780 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:

We'll see how he does against our length...

However, with Lebron he'll be spotting up behind the arc a lot.

Love has a much better 3 ball than Bosh.
This is not a moment, it's a movement

Return to Chicago Bulls