Image ImageImage Image

Derrick Rose (current assessment) Trust vs. Rust vs. Bust

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

By Jan 1, Derrick Rose will be able to (select all that apply)

Handle the ball exceptionally well in traffic
27%
Attempt 2 or fewer jump passes per game
14%
Shoot floaters/close-in jumpers at 50+% FG%
22%
Shoot 3pt shot at 36+%
16%
Average 8+ assists per game
21%

Total votes: 179

2015nbachamps
Banned User
And1: 124

Re: Derrick Rose (current assessment) Trust vs. Rust vs. Bus 

Post#101 » by 2015nbachamps » Tue Sep 2, 2014 4:19 am

2Chainz wrote:
2015nbachamps wrote:
2Chainz wrote:Can we see McDermott and Mirotic first as well. I doubt either will be more viable options to put the ball in the bucket ever than rose. And Gasol the past couple years has put up numbers comparable to Boozer and this is who you want rose to defer to?

did you see what gasol did to Love about 6 months ago? Did you see what Gasol did to Nene and Verijao today?

Gasol is great option 1st option and A near perfect 2nd option. Yes...i agree lets see how good mcderm is...but basically Rose needs to share the ball, work the offense, the entire team needs to do that and the open man shoots the ball...its really simple. If you prefer Rose throwing up ugly prayers against double and triple teams at 52%TS all season long...well...i can guarantee you that team rose will be happy with that...addidas will be ahppy with that...the bulls and his teamates not so much...but lebron will...lebron will shut that shxx down again this year to end games like he has for the past 3-4 years rose has even been healthy enough to play...and the Bulls will go down in flames again. I prefer Rose share the ball, move with out the ball, remain interested and engaged even when he is not the go to scorer and defer to the open man...whcih will likely be Rose for at least 16 ppg...hopefully as much as 20-22 ppg.

Your "great 1st option" Pau Gasol averaged 17 PPG on 52% TS last year. There's no point in arguing with you if you feel a healthy Rose should be lower in the pecking order than an over the hill Pau Gasol.
jeez read...he's a great first option and a near perfect 2nd option...on this team he should be our 2nd option after rose.
consultant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#102 » by consultant » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:16 am

consultant
Junior
And1: 75

Post#103 » by consultant » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:20 am

In all seriousness, he's pressing. Hopefully he can work some of the kinks out in training camp. He's got to play to get better, so low expectations are the way to go to prevent being disappointed.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Re: AW: Derrick Rose (current assessment) Trust vs. Rust vs. 

Post#104 » by samwana » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:17 am

I remember the last summer of international play and Rose was playing terrible as well. Yes the summer before his MVP season. He looked lost there and though I didn't see much of him this year, because I'm on vacation right now, I know I had the same kind of criticisms as I read here now. Rose just doesn't seam to play his best game in international play.

I will start to worry when he can't shake off the rust after 20-30 games in the NBA. That said I really hope he plays that much games and that he doesn't get injured again.
veji1
Starter
And1: 488

Post#105 » by veji1 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:50 am

Well to me their is big positive right now : He isn't playing like a ghost ! After more than 2 years off I was afraid he might simply never come back. So first step is completed : he looks like a basketball player, so that's good. Now let's talk again in january. There will be 2 main questions there :
- Is he on the court playing or injured ?
- Is he improving since the beginning of the season ?
If the answere is yes for both, that will be great. Now will he be MVP Rose again or no, I have no clue.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,411

Post#106 » by fleet » Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:11 am

mademan wrote:
Rerisen wrote:
mademan wrote:You seem to care a lot about me caring

Just a helpful note. It'd probably help you get along here if nearly every post you made wasn't about how bad Rose is or how much Cleveland is better than Chicago. At least that's mostly what I've seen. Visiting fans to other boards aren't going to be welcome if they seem to just argue the con position on every team issue.

That's fair. I'm bored at work, I try to get some sort of convo going on different boards here with controversial topics. You're prolly right. lol

FYI, irrespective of your actual posting record, what you are describing is the lifestyle of an irritating creature that lives under a bridge, and/or under a website, that enjoys conducting a chaos operation. Think about it.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#107 » by Ice the knees » Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:58 pm

Keller61 wrote:
2015nbachamps wrote:
Keller61 wrote:
So a 25/8 season with 62 wins doesn't put Rose on that page, but a 20/9 season with 63 wins would?

25 and 7.7 on 53%TS

that was a great season no doubt...but so far an outlier...those are wades and lebrons career numbers on higher TS%

I'd rather see 18 ppg, 10 apg, and 55%TS or better...that would be a better season from my PG. But im happy with and also expecting about 16 ppg, 8 apg on at least 51%TS this year...hopefully he is more efficient and more porductive.

Rose had 25/7.7 on 55% TS his MVP season. No one else in the last 40 years has done that besides LeBron and MJ.

The constant aggression from rose that year was absolutely amazing. Every night he went full throttle
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Post#108 » by bennjuiced34 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:05 am

Ice the knees wrote:
Keller61 wrote:
2015nbachamps wrote:
25 and 7.7 on 53%TS

that was a great season no doubt...but so far an outlier...those are wades and lebrons career numbers on higher TS%

I'd rather see 18 ppg, 10 apg, and 55%TS or better...that would be a better season from my PG. But im happy with and also expecting about 16 ppg, 8 apg on at least 51%TS this year...hopefully he is more efficient and more porductive.

Rose had 25/7.7 on 55% TS his MVP season. No one else in the last 40 years has done that besides LeBron and MJ.

The constant aggression from rose that year was absolutely amazing. Every night he went full throttle

And people say he was overrated pre-injury. Psssh get that ish outta here.

How soon people forget how good he was. For my own selfish reasons I want Derrick to come back to shut people up that are saying he's finished and that he was overrated.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,083

Post#109 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:23 am

Current assessment?

Derrick Rose is playing basketball again, on a nightly basis. For that, I am happy, as we all should be.

8-)
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#110 » by bullsRlife » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:15 am

Ice the knees wrote:
Keller61 wrote:
2015nbachamps wrote:
25 and 7.7 on 53%TS

And almost every night he made it HAPPEN during crunch time of 4th quarters. I swear, we had to have lead the league in close ass games, and Rose closed the show almost every night that year.
kuly1990
Veteran
And1: 441

Post#111 » by kuly1990 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:38 am

to me looks like rust, but im no expert, so we will have to wait and see... but im just happy he is playing, and playing normal minutes, and playing every game!
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#112 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:27 pm

This is just how Rose plays among stars....He looked the same way in the All-Star game...

It's frustrating to me because I want him to gun...but that was never his style....Dribbles up the court...pass....roll.... So boring ...

Other guards seem so much more engaged in the offense..
ixxa
Junior
And1: 269

Post#113 » by ixxa » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:25 pm

EDIT: Official warning for baiting - you've already gotten 12 hour suspensions for baiting here before. Last chance. If you want to express your opinions without baiting, use your next post below this one as an example of how to do it.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,602

Post#114 » by Ice Man » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:40 pm

ixxa wrote:It is silly for the bulls to even try to build around him.

The Bulls have no choice. Derrick occupies too much of the salary cap for the Bulls to be able to win a title without him.

You write that Derrick is done, but you don't know that. It's a guess. The Bulls are guessing too about Derrick. They have no choice but to put their eggs bigtime in his basket and hope that he returns to form. There really isn't a good Plan B while he remains on this contract.
ixxa
Junior

Post#115 » by ixxa » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:07 pm

Ice Man wrote:

The Bulls have no choice. Derrick occupies too much of the salary cap for the Bulls to be able to win a title without him.

You write that Derrick is done, but you don't know that. It's a guess. The Bulls are guessing too about Derrick. They have no choice but to put their eggs bigtime in his basket and hope that he returns to form. There really isn't a good Plan B while he remains on this contract.

I admit I exaggerate a bit. What I mean is that DRose could never be the mvp caliber player / 1st option again, at least in my opinion.

And I always think making a point guard as the first option to build a championship contender, is the most risky way. There are certain formula's: best case used to be a dominant big man as the guy : Bill, Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, Shark, Duncan.... or tall / athletic wing men (6'6+): MJ, Bird, Kobe, LBJ.

Legendary point guards seem to fail a lot: Stockton, Nash, Cp3 etc. Only exception I can remember is Magic Johnson, who is almost 6'8. Maybe Big O is another one, whom I have never seen playing, but he is also a 6'6 guard. considering his time, he must have been considered tall as fxxk back then as a guard.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by bullsRlife » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:17 pm

ixxa wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

I admit I exaggerate a bit. What I mean is that DRose could never be the mvp caliber player / 1st option again, at least in my opinion.

And I always think making a point guard as the first option to build a championship contender, is the most risky way. There are certain formula's: best case used to be a dominant big man as the guy : Bill, Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, Shark, Duncan.... or tall / athletic wing men (6'6+): MJ, Bird, Kobe, LBJ.

Legendary point guards seem to fail a lot: Stockton, Nash, Cp3 etc. Only exception I can remember is Magic Johnson, who is almost 6'8. Maybe Big O is another one, whom I have never seen playing, but he is also a 6'6 guard. considering his time, he must have been considered tall as fxxk back then as a guard.

MVP Derrick Rose is a top 3-5 player in the game, and that included non injured Dwight Howard, and non/less injured Dwyane Wade.

If he's anywhere close to that, he's still a very very good first option. It's not his fault he has to go up against historically stacked teams against the best player since MJ. That's asking for a lot.

If all things were fair, and let's say in 2010, it was only Wade and Bosh, or Lebron/Bosh, then we're definitely in the Finals, and Rose is looked upon as the guy that only needed Boozer, and a cast of good role players to take down the mighty Lebron. Lebron's beta ass stacked the decks so high against the NBA that it was damn near impossible.

There would be a completely different light on the whole Rose/Lebron saga.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#117 » by rtblues » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:24 pm

This thread is the land of Ifs and Buts
:banghead:
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
ixxa
Junior

Post#118 » by ixxa » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:37 pm

bullsRlife wrote:
ixxa wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

MVP Derrick Rose is a top 3-5 player in the game, and that included non injured Dwight Howard, and non/less injured Dwyane Wade.

If he's anywhere close to that, he's still a very very good first option. It's not his fault he has to go up against historically stacked teams against the best player since MJ. That's asking for a lot.

If all things were fair, and let's say in 2010, it was only Wade and Bosh, or Lebron/Bosh, then we're definitely in the Finals, and Rose is looked upon as the guy that only needed Boozer, and a cast of good role players to take down the mighty Lebron. Lebron's beta ass stacked the decks so high against the NBA that it was damn near impossible.

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF

How about what If Lebron was drafted by the lakers / spurs / celtics / heats, even 03 pistons.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by bullsRlife » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:43 pm

ixxa wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:
ixxa wrote:

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF

How about what If Lebron was drafted by the lakers / spurs / celtics / heats, even 03 pistons.

How the hell would the 03' Pistons get the #1 pick?
ixxa
Junior

Post#120 » by ixxa » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:44 pm

bullsRlife wrote:
ixxa wrote:
bullsRlife wrote:

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF

How the hell would the 03' Pistons get the #1 pick?

Cleveland brainfarted and drafted Melo / Mirotic , that could have happened in alternative universe.

Return to Chicago Bulls