Image ImageImage Image

Why we should trade Derrick Rose right now

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Re: Why we should trade Derrick Rose right now 

Post#81 » by vxmike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:29 am

bullsnewdynasty wrote:Derrick Rose for Deron Williams. Brooklyn's cap is **** anyway, might as well take a high risk high reward move. If it doesn't work they don't lose anything significant.

Deron Williams is declined but still an all-star caliber PG, with a more pass first mentality than Rose. With the right tools around him and motivation in Thibs (comparable to Sloan), it's possible he could get back to Utah caliber. And do we really know how good the Bulls could be if they simply had an above average starting NBA PG? They've gotten to the 2nd round without Rose starting Nate Robinson and Carlos freaking Boozer.

DWill's contract has a 15% trade kicked and is worse then Rose's. I'd try for Joe Johnson first as he actually fills a need and has one year less on his contract. PG is the easiest position to replace, and the Bulls are loaded with trade assets.

I'd try to see if Boston would sell low on Rondo right now.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#82 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:09 am

tong po wrote:You want to trade Derrick Rose right now, this is pretty much what you're getting:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

Thats just a piss poor trade comparison.
For love, not money.
2015nbachamps
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#83 » by 2015nbachamps » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:07 am

i'm no longer on the trade rose band wagon...he spoke of maturing as well as his game maturing...and needing to be more patient...get teamates more involved mentioned it many times today...he still needs to grow up in other ways im sure...but he if mostly saying the right things which means the right things are flaoting around in his head...

last year he was still saying things like "he's not going to change his game" etc...so if he is turning the corner...now is not the time to trade him.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#84 » by blumeany » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:45 pm

WE ARE MARRIED TO DERRICK ROSE.

Let me say that again.

WE ARE MARRIED TO DERRICK ROSE.

The day the ink dried on that last contract, the marriage began. The day he blew out his ACL, the marriage was consummated.

No team is going to take his contract now. It is for better or for worse. He is damaged goods. There is no team willing to just charge us a restocking fee. Our hopes and dreams as Bulls fan rely on 1. Derrick Rose playing well and lasting through his contract and 2. The Bulls FO being able to work around his contract and build a really good team that contend and maybe, just maybe, win a title.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
DaGreatLewdini
Pro Prospect
And1: 325
Location: From Chicago to Champaign, but still a South Side kid!

Post#85 » by DaGreatLewdini » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:06 pm

This thread is absolutely disgusting. Trading Derrick right now is inconceivably stupid! I'm never going to lose faith in him and I hope he makes this entire pro-trade crowd eat tons of crow.
Image Image
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#86 » by NZB2323 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:13 pm

OP, please leave this forum and never come back.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#87 » by panthermark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:30 pm

SpinninHouse wrote:But according to a long time poster on this board - Derrick Rose is much better RIGHT NOW than Kyrie Irving. So according to said poster, he must have high trade value.....

Kool-Aid aside, the reality is this: Nobody wants Derrick Rose and in the limited time he's played over the past two years - he's looked like total garbage. He's worth more to us than anybody else and we just have to pray that he can come back and stay healthy.

Rose will never be a Top-3 player again but if he can be an All-Star level player who can play 65+ games a year and enter the playoffs healthy - We at least have a shot. If he can give us 17ppg and 6.5apg and not be horribly inefficient, a turnover machine, and a turnstile on defense....we'll be in the mix come playoff time.

I agree...
Well I agree with all of it except the final sentence. If all we are getting is 17ppg from Rose (on this roster as is) come play-off time, we are not going anywhere...not unless both Gasol and McD are 20ppg scorers.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Post#88 » by vxmike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:04 pm

panthermark wrote:
SpinninHouse wrote:But according to a long time poster on this board - Derrick Rose is much better RIGHT NOW than Kyrie Irving. So according to said poster, he must have high trade value.....

Kool-Aid aside, the reality is this: Nobody wants Derrick Rose and in the limited time he's played over the past two years - he's looked like total garbage. He's worth more to us than anybody else and we just have to pray that he can come back and stay healthy.

Rose will never be a Top-3 player again but if he can be an All-Star level player who can play 65+ games a year and enter the playoffs healthy - We at least have a shot. If he can give us 17ppg and 6.5apg and not be horribly inefficient, a turnover machine, and a turnstile on defense....we'll be in the mix come playoff time.

I agree...
Well I agree with all of it except the final sentence. If all we are getting is 17ppg from Rose (on this roster as is) come play-off time, we are not going anywhere...not unless both Gasol and McD are 20ppg scorers.

I think 17ppgand 6ast would be fine if it's an efficient 17ppg and he plays suffocating D. He just needs to be on the floor and contributing at a starter level. The Bulls are more than deep enough with the other additions made. Gasol is still a legit primary post scoring option, and Brooks/Hinrich are plenty capable players at PG. Brooks can score and Hinrich runs the offense fine if he's not playing alongside four other guys who can't shoot.

The Bulls will be worse off if he tries to average 25ppg and ends up shooting sub 40% while taking offense away from Gasol, McDermott and Mirotic. He needs to get us more fast break points and break down the defense even if he doesn't end up with the basket. Neither of those things were in the Bulls playbook last year.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#89 » by bullsnewdynasty » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:45 pm

^ Taking offense away from Mirotic...that's a funny phrase considering that Mirotic projects to be a bench warmer at this point.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,598

Post#90 » by Ice Man » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:53 pm

DaGreatLewdini wrote: I'm never going to lose faith in him and I hope he makes this entire pro-trade crowd eat tons of crow.

Where does faith fit in? If trading Derrick Rose makes the Bulls a better team, let's do it. Same for anybody else on the squad, and Thibs to boot.

That said, I doubt that the Bulls could get sufficient value in return for Rose. So no trade.
DannyNoonan1221
Junior
And1: 151

Post#91 » by DannyNoonan1221 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 1:59 pm

People are ridiculous.

No one on this board knows how much his injuries will impact his game. There are so many levels of severity of his injuries, only Rose and MAYBE a few others have any true indication of his recovery.

If anything, we should be discussing how many threes he should be taking this season, as this has been covered in depth with it messing with his midrange jumper, which was the best in the league.

It is amazing everything people come up with in the off season when there isn't much to talk about.
Okay Brand, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom. But his sister did.

Return to Chicago Bulls