Image ImageImage Image

OT: Craft Beer-What are you drinking tonight?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

bagsboy
Veteran
And1: 460

Re: OT: Craft Beer-What are you drinking tonight? 

Post#41 » by bagsboy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Watched the first half at our neighborhood Stone Brewery drinking Go To IPA.
http://www.stonelibertystation.com/
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,409

Post#42 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 pm

panthermark wrote:
Cliff Levingston wrote:There's a brand new brewery out here in Lemont called Polyanna. Took a tour with some neighbors and sampled some beers. It's good! Much more drinkable than a lot of craft beers Cliff Levingston has had but still with plenty of interesting flavors going on. They're only in kegs right now and trying to get into the craft beers bars starting in the southwest suburbs and work their way east and north. If you see it on a menu somewhere, give it a shot.

Kegs huh?
I'm always looking for kegs from local breweries. I used to get my kegs from Walter Payton's....but that closed down. Two Brothers kegs are overpriced (on purpose).

On a side note, I got married at Two Brothers (formally Walter Payton's). I was able to try every beer they had. I don't remember all of them...and I threw up that night (we had an open bar and top shelf booze...some wedding!)...but I did try them all.

If you're looking for good craft kegs locally, hit up Half Acre. Their Daisy Cutter 1/6 barrels, which I have bought on occasion, are like $55-60. Super duper reasonable.
Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Post#43 » by Jello Biafra » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 pm

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer these;

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,513

Post#44 » by panthermark » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:22 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
panthermark wrote:
Cliff Levingston wrote:There's a brand new brewery out here in Lemont called Polyanna. Took a tour with some neighbors and sampled some beers. It's good! Much more drinkable than a lot of craft beers Cliff Levingston has had but still with plenty of interesting flavors going on. They're only in kegs right now and trying to get into the craft beers bars starting in the southwest suburbs and work their way east and north. If you see it on a menu somewhere, give it a shot.

Kegs huh?
I'm always looking for kegs from local breweries. I used to get my kegs from Walter Payton's....but that closed down. Two Brothers kegs are overpriced (on purpose).

On a side note, I got married at Two Brothers (formally Walter Payton's). I was able to try every beer they had. I don't remember all of them...and I threw up that night (we had an open bar and top shelf booze...some wedding!)...but I did try them all.

If you're looking for good craft kegs locally, hit up Half Acre. Their Daisy Cutter 1/6 barrels, which I have bought on occasion, are like $55-60. Super duper reasonable.

Half Acre and Pollyanna....noted. :wink:
http://halfacrebeer.com/
http://www.pollyannabrewing.com/
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
panthermark
RealGM

Post#45 » by panthermark » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:30 pm

My wife and her family are from Wisconsin. So there is always Lieney's, New Glarus, or Point (lol!) around.

--------------------------

Best cities for beer since 2001

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/feature ... 11#slide-1

Too bad Goose Island sold out....but I have to say...I'm really happy with the Chicago-land scence in terms of craft beer. It is good that Chicago is known for hot dogs, pizza, and beer. How down to earth and fitting...
xTronkyx
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#46 » by xTronkyx » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Not a chance of getting it in the US, but one of the best beers I have ever tasted:

http://stoneandwood.com.au/beers/pacific-ale/

Any Aussies here, you neeeeed to taste it
chicago_25
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#47 » by chicago_25 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm

We should make a OT thread about different sativas and indica bud strains that people enjoy the most..
My favorite is by far white widow. Nice euphoric, relaxing, fulfilling indica that sits you down and lets you focus on the bulls game.

Am I not the only one who tokes before watching some bulls games?
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,409

Post#48 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 pm

panthermark wrote:My wife and her family are from Wisconsin. So there is always Lieney's, New Glarus, or Point (lol!) around.

Too bad Goose Island sold out....but I have to say...I'm really happy with the Chicago-land scence in terms of craft beer. It is good that Chicago is known for hot dogs, pizza, and beer. How down to earth and fitting...

Don't forget that Lienie's is owned by MillerCoors!
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#49 » by waffle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:11 am

when I was in grad school it UI many many many years ago Lienie's were the bomb. I think a case was $12? And it was decent! I remember drinking about 20 of them AFTER Illinois lost to Michigan (darn Glen Rice!) in the final 4. God that hurt.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#50 » by CellarDoor » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 am

I recently discovered Firestone Walker's Double Barrel Ale. Smooth and 12% ABV...I'm in love.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Ben Wilson25
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#51 » by Ben Wilson25 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 am

It's gonna be a cold one trick-or-treating tomorrow. I got some Bells Expedition Stout for me and the brother-in-law to drink while we follow the kids around.
panthermark
RealGM

Post#52 » by panthermark » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:10 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
panthermark wrote:My wife and her family are from Wisconsin. So there is always Lieney's, New Glarus, or Point (lol!) around.

Don't forget that Lienie's is owned by MillerCoors!

Yeah....that "partnership" kinda blows.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#53 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 pm

waffle wrote:when I was in grad school it UI many many many years ago Lienie's were the bomb. I think a case was $12? And it was decent! I remember drinking about 20 of them AFTER Illinois lost to Michigan (darn Glen Rice!) in the final 4. God that hurt.

That reminds me of the Keystone 30 pack. Used to be like $9.99 and we used to sit outside the liquor store and offer folks $20 to cop us one and they could keep the change. Every so often we'd get lucky and a few times we'd get guys that buy us 2 of them. Those were the days.

Point beer was my first experience with beer hoarding. Moms boyfriend would take us camping up north in Wisco like an hr from Point back in the late 70's. You couldn;t get this stuff in Chicago yet and he'd bring back like 5/6 cases of this. You'd think it was gold. They would do the same with Coors when relatives would come from out west and bring cases of this. The lengths folks would go to for what is essentially piss water LOL.

Does Point still make Spud beer? I remember driving up there like 20 years ago to get this when it was the rage.
Beer from Potato starch. I think I'd rather drink bleach now.

chicago_25 wrote:We should make a OT thread about different sativas and indica bud strains that people enjoy the most..
My favorite is by far white widow. Nice euphoric, relaxing, fulfilling indica that sits you down and lets you focus on the bulls game.

Am I not the only one who tokes before watching some bulls games?

Hell No. The Widow rules. Chem-Jack is great for Bulls game couch-lock too.
Seeing any good shatter in your area?
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#54 » by waffle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:29 pm

I used to go to camp right next to steven's point in Wisc, and yes, Point was big time back then. We used to collect the cans, some of which were worth a little, but of course this is pre-internet so there was NOTHING WE COULD DO ABOUT IT.... And we somehow got our hands on some live ones as I remember.

And yes about Coors. My older bro was of drinking age then and they would go WAY out of there way to score some coors. It was ridiculous. I remember trying some in my impressionable youth and even then though it tasted like the water left over from boiled vegetables.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Post#55 » by NZB2323 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm

Red's Apple Ale is surprisingly good.

I'm drinking the wicked apple tonight. It's 8%, which is a big deal because I'm in Utah, and most of the Beer is 3.5%
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#56 » by Sinistar6 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:43 pm

It's going to be Belgium or Belgium style.

The Bruery- Mischief or white oak

Or a Trappist.
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
bpchamp23
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#57 » by bpchamp23 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:54 pm

bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,891

Post#58 » by bledredwine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:06 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Going with my favorite potatoes.

the kind from Poland

Potato vodka is the best. Chopin vodka is my favorite drink. It's so smooth straight and I'm not a vodka drinker otherwise. How does that compare? Anyway ill be having whatever crap my friend has at his party. Ill also be dressed in drag for the 7th year in a row and will be telling people I'm "x" female movie star with black hair. That's how it goes.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#59 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:13 pm

bledredwine wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Going with my favorite potatoes.

the kind from Poland

Potato vodka is the best. Chopin vodka is my favorite drink. It's so smooth straight and I'm not a vodka drinker otherwise. How does that compare? Anyway ill be having whatever crap my friend has at his party. Ill also be dressed in drag for the 7th year in a row and will be telling people I'm "x" female movie star with black hair. That's how it goes.

It's outstanding.. I'm a huge Chopin fan, too. This stuff is less then $30 for a handle and it is right up there with any Vodka in the planet. True potato vodka from Poland. Smooth and clean.

The big commercial grain vodkas are a joke in comparison. Grey Goose is just OK, Absolute is absolute garbage.. I like Stoli, but it doesn't compare to the Luksusowa.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
itsratso
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#60 » by itsratso » Sun Nov 2, 2014 4:57 am

I also have four kegs in the basement - all mine. so i'm drinking whatever I made recently. been out of town so currently just a dark pilsner and an oktoberfest.

Return to Chicago Bulls