Image ImageImage Image

PG: Red alert

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

tomacorandom
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,222

Re: PG: Red alert 

Post#581 » by tomacorandom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:58 am

drbg43 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/chicagosports/status/557701740188168194[/tweet]

GOOD.

I hope Gasol to bench was discussed.

Haters gonna hate. If it wasn't by Pau and Butler, this team would be 0.500 right now.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#582 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 am

This board is split into 2 factions and I can see both sides of the coin.
The playing down to the competition excuse is out the window.
Thibs needs to use a playbook. Pick and roll with Rose and Pau is the only play I've seen, and he probably doesn't even call it. Passing the ball until someone shoots or drives isn't a play.
We have a lot of one dimensional role players.
We need 2013 Noah.
Definite locker room issues.
That being said, I'm not ready to blow it up just yet.
D-Rose has that look in his eye.
The G stands for grieving.
AB provides a spark off the bench, even though he's a defensive liability.
Pau > Boozer.
This has to be our year.
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#583 » by Southpaw » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:13 am

Can't wait for the all-star break to come. This team needs to find back it's identity.
2Chainz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,010

Post#584 » by 2Chainz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:13 pm

errisal wrote:
drbg43 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/chicagosports/status/557701740188168194[/tweet]

GOOD.

Thibs is trying to get them on a winning track, not more losing. I hope he imparts to Jimmy to become aggressive again, Mirotic to keep shooting and Rose to play some defense on the ball at all time. These are the 3 major issues IMO. The only other issue is Thibs need to talk to himself about cutting Pau and Jimmy's minutes.

Mirotic shooting is one of the major issues? That's not even a top 10 problem. Rose's on ball defense is fine it's when he and PAU get into pick and roll and Pau ends up in no mans land. Rose has never had issues playing pick and roll defense with Noah, Taj, Kurt Thomas, Asik even Boozer was more effective than Pau. There's one major variable in the defense this year and it's Pau. When Noah was hurt in 11 Kurt Thomas stepped in and the defense was still elite he was nearly 40 years old.
"My wrist deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, wrist?"/My stove deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, stove?""
drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#585 » by drbg43 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:48 pm

tomacorandom wrote:
drbg43 wrote:

GOOD.

Haters gonna hate. If it wasn't by Pau and Butler, this team would be 0.500 right now.

Pau has had his moments on offense but I think he would be better suited off the bench.

Not saying to cut his minutes by a whole lot, just pair him with someone else, have him play with the second unit where he can be a focal point on offense and where his defense hopefully won't be as exposed.

What is wrong with that idea?
Thanks to the one and only BullsFan88 for the sig
tomacorandom
Pro Prospect

Post#586 » by tomacorandom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:14 pm

drbg43 wrote:
tomacorandom wrote:
drbg43 wrote:
GOOD.

Pau has had his moments on offense but I think he would be better suited off the bench.

Not saying to cut his minutes by a whole lot, just pair him with someone else, have him play with the second unit where he can be a focal point on offense and where his defense hopefully won't be as exposed.

If you bench a guy like Gasol after all these internal issues, he will stay as the finger pointed for everybody. Furthermore it would be really unfair as he has been the best big this season by far. But I completely agree when it is about having his minutes reduced. He is 34 years old and he looks really gassed.
tomacorandom
Pro Prospect

Post#587 » by tomacorandom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:18 pm

tomacorandom wrote:
drbg43 wrote:
tomacorandom wrote:Haters gonna hate. If it wasn't by Pau and Butler, this team would be 0.500 right now.

hmm, not the idea but the way you settled that. By how you wrote it, it sounds more a punishment than a way to look for a solution.

If you bench a guy like Gasol after all these internal issues, he will stay as the finger pointed for everybody. Furthermore it would be really unfair as he has been the best big this season by far. But I completely agree when it is about having his minutes reduced. He is 34 years old and he looks really gassed.
drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#588 » by drbg43 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 pm

tomacorandom wrote:
tomacorandom wrote:
drbg43 wrote:

hmm, not the idea but the way you settled that. By how you wrote it, it sounds more a punishment than a way to look for a solution.

Don't mean it as a punishment, just think it would be better for the team.

We shouldn't really be worried about hurting people's feelings. He's 34 years old for god's sake, I would hope he'd do what the coach feels is best for the team.

Or just play better defense.
Thanks to the one and only BullsFan88 for the sig
Pnjguy
Starter
And1: 567

Post#589 » by Pnjguy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:30 pm

The biggest issue for the bulls is that there hasn't been enough consistency throughout the year. Players need to be able to fall back on Consistencies developed throughout the season.

Sent from my SM-N910V using RealGM Forums mobile app
malcrk
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#590 » by malcrk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:28 am

we can't even keep up in fouling them lol
malcrk
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#591 » by malcrk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:30 am

this owuld be the worst call in nba histor if they decided this was a flagrant. not only wasn't it a hard foul, it

okay

thank god.

Return to Chicago Bulls