Image ImageImage Image

PG Thread: Who would have thunk it, we played hard and we win.

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: PG Thread: Who would have thunk it, we played hard and we win. 

Post#341 » by Rerisen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Re: Doug. I don't feel comfortable going into the playoffs with our current wing rotation. Snell hasn't been so good to just give up on McDermott the whole year or anything. Therefore, see what Doug can do before the deadline. If he can't do anything look to make a move.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Re: PG Thread: Who would have thunk it, we played hard and we win. 

Post#342 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm

khufure wrote:
kyrv wrote:You are wrong. Noah is not defensive player of the year.

Noah is reigning defensive player of the year. PROOF

I can't believe I'm seeing this lack of heart from Bulls fans. You make me sad. :noway:

Um you just made my point.

Unless you think, as you said, that Noah is the DPOY this season.

He is not.

I don't know what you are whining about re heart. This is a recording, Noah is injured. He still plays when he can. It's not his fault. He's not good now. When he's good/healthy again, he should start. I never thought of Noah as someone that would demand entitlements. But I could be wrong.

You want the Bulls to lose games just so Noah can get entitlement starts? You make me sad. :noway:

I'll ask again and I'm sure you won't answer - is Noah when of the best two bigs currently in your opinion? I'll help out, there's no measure in which he is a top two big on the team.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#343 » by logical_art » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:11 pm

Doug looked quicker on defense to me. Going to be interesting to see if he can carve out some minutes for himself this season. He certainly has the opportunity.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#344 » by Mech Engineer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:38 pm

Rerisen wrote:Re: Doug. I don't feel comfortable going into the playoffs with our current wing rotation. Snell hasn't been so good to just give up on McDermott the whole year or anything. Therefore, see what Doug can do before the deadline. If he can't do anything look to make a move.

The point is about the situation/evaluation at this point of time....

1. Snell was bad but has improved to the extent where the Bulls are not comfortable/not sure but have seen minutes where he has given some of what they are looking for. Is he perfect, mistake-free....no way. But, at this point of time, he has experience in the NBA(gone through the rough phase for a rookie/young player) and is playing better than the other player.

The reality was he got lucky whether Thibs liked him or not. Doug got injured, MDJ got injured and Kirk struggled. Thibs had no choice but to play him minutes. Forget last year...it was a tough year for anyone with that roster especially a rookie. Even Jimmy struggled last year.

2. Doug for no fault of his own has been injured. He looked terrible in his limited time but didn't get a chance to improve because of his injury. He literally put himself really back of the rotation. Is the gap between him and Tony big? Not really if you just consider shooting because both are bad. But, considering experience, defense, ball handling etc.., Tony is ahead of Doug.

That said, you are right...it is a tough situation to depend on both of them for 15-20 minutes of intense playoff atmosphere minutes. They might get a veteran wing. There is less margin for error right now even for those backup minutes.

It is a confusing mix of requirements for this backup wing. Honestly, if MDJ is healthy and gives you 25-28 minutes, what do you need? The point about Snell is he will make some of those shots he missed. He had a bad shooting night. If Snell makes a few of those shots, think of the advantage he has on Doug who has not shown that he can first stay on the court, then provide production.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#345 » by kingkirk » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:55 pm

DuckIII wrote:Behind Tony Snell! Am I the only one who finds that to be the important part?

Pax/Thibs: "Glad to see you back from your knee surgery in January, Doug. Unfortunately we can't play you. In case you didn't notice, over the last two weeks Tony Snell has really upped his game to just kinda bad status. Due to this, we don't see how you can possibly pry minutes loose from him in the coming 3 months before the postseason. You know how it is, so I'm sure you understand."

Paxson's words, verbatim. At least, to my ears.

Pax wrote:Well, you know, we've got so many guys, and the fact that when Dunleavy comes back, and if Tony continues to play the way he is playing...don't know.

The thing about any younger play is, you have to be ready. You just have to be ready.

When we made the draft night deal for Doug, obviously we, you never know what's going to happen for any young player. We have great confidence, he is a great kid, a great worker. At some point, it might be this year, it might be down the road, but he is going to be part of our rotation, and a big part of our team because the kid just knows how to play and he can shoot it too well, and we need guys like that.

Around the 2:38:00 mark: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=12213523

Listen to that. Sounds different to what you articulate in your example.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#346 » by Rerisen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 am

Mech Engineer wrote:The point about Snell is he will make some of those shots he missed. He had a bad shooting night. If Snell makes a few of those shots, think of the advantage he has on Doug who has not shown that he can first stay on the court, then provide production.

How do we know he will make some of them when he hasn't consistently done that his whole career?

He's a career 32% 3pt shooter and carer .491 TS%. Those kind of numbers can cost you playoff games if he's playing 15 mpg.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#347 » by fleet » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:04 am

TankOverlord wrote:
fleet wrote:
TankOverlord wrote:This board makes John Kerry look like a rock.

Ted Cruz makes this board seem sane.

Now, you deserved that for bringing partisan politics into an innocent thread

I wasn't referencing his politics nor do I have any use for either party.

me neither. We should both not not reference the politics of political figures in a basketball thread. And we should both fake indifference some place else..
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Re: Re: PG Thread: Who would have thunk it, we played hard and we win. 

Post#348 » by khufure » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 am

kyrv wrote:You want the Bulls to lose games just so Noah can get entitlement starts? You make me sad. :noway:

I'll ask again and I'm sure you won't answer - is Noah when of the best two bigs currently in your opinion? I'll help out, there's no measure in which he is a top two big on the team.

You are weird.

Noah started out this season injured. He will get back to last year's form by the end of the year. Stop rooting for him to fail and believe he will recover.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#349 » by chifan1798 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:42 am

wrong thread
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#350 » by mj234eva » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:44 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:
mj234eva wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Showed what? That he's capable of scoring more than 0 points a game? I'm glad Snell is producing and playing better. I've said all throughout his nearly two years of terriblness that he appears to have the talent to be a legit NBA rotational player. But lets not get carried away with where he is at. He still, even at his career best, isn't very good.

In January he's played 9 games, started 4 of them, and playing 22 minutes per game. He's scoring 6 ppg, 3 rpg, and 1.5 apg one .412 shooting and a .500 TS%. With still-confused looking defense.

That isn't horrible like it used to be. But its not very good either. He's got a way to go before he's genuinely shown anyone anything that matters a whole lot.

What's comical is that that is even more productive than Hinrich has been in January.

By production you mean solely points right?

I mean just the part I put in bold.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
chifan1798
RealGM

Post#351 » by chifan1798 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:46 am

Where was that foul on the other end?
chifan1798
RealGM

Post#352 » by chifan1798 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:50 am

wrong thread

Return to Chicago Bulls