Image ImageImage Image

JaVale McGee?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Re: JaVale McGee? 

Post#81 » by blumeany » Tue Mar 3, 2015 2:56 pm

I just don't get it. Our guys are dropping like flies. There are players out there that can help us. We have an available roster spot. Yet our FO does nothing. We just keep riding on these bald tires - thinking that we won't have a blowout. :nonono: :banghead: :crazy: :noway:
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#82 » by keloms » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:00 pm

blumeany wrote:I just don't get it. Our guys are dropping like flies. There are players out there that can help us. We have an available roster spot. Yet our FO does nothing. We just keep riding on these bald tires - thinking that we won't have a blowout. :nonono: :banghead: :crazy: :noway:

There's only one roster spot so you have to choose wisely. Do you go for a big or someone to fill in for Derrick? Can't have both.
blumeany
RealGM

Post#83 » by blumeany » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:08 pm

keloms wrote:
blumeany wrote:I just don't get it. Our guys are dropping like flies. There are players out there that can help us. We have an available roster spot. Yet our FO does nothing. We just keep riding on these bald tires - thinking that we won't have a blowout. :nonono: :banghead: :crazy: :noway:

There's only one roster spot so you have to choose wisely. Do you go for a big or someone to fill in for Derrick? Can't have both.

True, but I'm not sure what they are waiting for. The need is now and you need to get anyone who comes in acclimated to the system and playing ASAP.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#84 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:03 pm

JaVale McGee.

I tried not to post in here...but its now Page 5 and something needs to be done for chrissakes.

Its Javale McGee. :banghead:
For love, not money.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

JaVale McGee? 

Post#85 » by BigUps » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:08 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:JaVale McGee.

I tried not to post in here...but its now Page 5 and something needs to be done for chrissakes.

My only interest in him is because of Thibs. He would make him a defensive star, but then again people want him gone too.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#86 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:09 pm

BigUps wrote:

My only interest in him is because of Thibs. He would make him a defensive star, but then again people want him gone too.

Thibs can teach a willing player how to play defense.

JaVale McGee is not willing. Either in spirit, in brain or in body.
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM

Post#87 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:13 pm

Patience is often best in situations like this.

1) Overworked frontcourt with age/injury issues
2) Starting SF is coming back from a 20 game injury break
3) Taj and Kirk are having season-long injury issues
4) Rose is in rehab
5) Butler is in recovery
6) The Snell-Mirotic combo is still relatively inexperienced

In situations like ^^that, its best to wait and see how some of the variables shake out. And then when some of the variables remain uncertainties, address the problem with a roster addition.
For love, not money.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

JaVale McGee? 

Post#88 » by BigUps » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:15 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
BigUps wrote:

Thibs can teach a willing player how to play defense.

JaVale McGee is not willing. Either in spirit, in brain or in body.

Agreed. It's a complete flyer.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#89 » by JohnnyTapwater » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:31 pm

AirP. wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Like not being able to post up a player 15+ inches smaller then him? Throwing an alley oop to himself when the team is down by 6? Does he have the size and ability... YES, does he have the mental capacity to help out a team... no.

Maybe how the team was when he was on/off the court?

14-15... -6.9 team is worse when he's on the court vs off.
13-14... +0.4 team is better
12-13... -5.4 team is worse
11-12... -13.3 team was horrible with him on the court.

who gives AF that he threw an ally oop to himself when they were down 6....it's now a 2 position game and he just gave his team a boost..

I believe in coaching...

But you guys can follow the herd all you want.

It's a horrible ball handler throwing himself an alley oop instead of just getting the job done, it speaks volumes about where his head is at in the game... you're losing yet YOU want to look good, it shows which is more important to you. BTW.. how did you like that 7 footer not able to post up a guy under 6 foot, pretty good stuff huh?

I can't explain that one. I think it's a matter of perspective. If you think it's a bad move, you will find reasons to back that up, and vice-versa.

I like giving athletic 7 footers a chance. I bet Whiteside was on nobodies radar because of his history.

I don't like making those mistakes. No one wanted Nate, DJ was seen as a minor move. People loathed Brooks. Give players a chance. I think Thibs knows what to do with them.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#90 » by AirP. » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:40 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:I can't explain that one. I think it's a matter of perspective. If you think it's a bad move, you will find reasons to back that up, and vice-versa.

I like giving athletic 7 footers a chance. I bet Whiteside was on nobodies radar because of his history.

I don't like making those mistakes. No one wanted Nate, DJ was seen as a minor move. People loathed Brooks. Give players a chance. I think Thibs knows what to do with them.

Sorry but I did praise those moves of Nate and DJ, they were offensive PGs who just happen to be too short and with that, a defensive liability, so unless you're able to allow them to be one of your top options, they're going to hurt your team.

McGee, he's only been in the league 6 years, I think multiple teams have taken a chance on him. Could he change, maybe but that's a huge risk, there's also a big risk that he joins a team and gets others to not take the game as seriously as they should.

I think there are teams/coaches that could have a better chance at turning McGee around, Thibs might be one of those coaches, but that's a huge risk. There's something to be said of having professional players in your locker room vs players who don't really care.
RomeDaDome
Junior
And1: 43

JaVale McGee? 

Post#91 » by RomeDaDome » Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:51 am

I'm all for it. He just looking to showcase on a contender for another contract right?

I know Nazr is probably good for the locker room but Bairstow is even more replaceable right?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#92 » by Just_Bullz » Wed Mar 4, 2015 9:41 am

I think Thibs will eat him for breakfast and lunch if we sign him.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#93 » by Tetlak » Wed Mar 4, 2015 1:57 pm

Why would he come here to be the 5th big by the time the playoffs roll around?
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#94 » by MC3 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 1:58 pm

Tetlak wrote:Why would he come here to be the 5th big by the time the playoffs roll around?

Winning championship? He can sign with anyone at the end of year in offseason and chase new contract if he wants.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#95 » by Tetlak » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:02 pm

MC3 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:Why would he come here to be the 5th big by the time the playoffs roll around?

Winning championship? He can sign with anyone at the end of year in offseason and chase new contract if he wants.

Javale McGee is the type of guy who you'd have to show me evidence for concerning his primary goal being to win a championship.

Also, if he wants to reinvent himself as a more heady and useful player to a contending team, he kind of has to play well in the playoffs. The first step in doing that is actually playing. As a 5th big here, he would not.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#96 » by kodo » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:33 pm

Bulls are officially interested in McGee.
Official because it's from Woj. Woj is truth.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236936/Warriors-Mavs-Raptors-Spurs-Heat-Bulls-Interested-In-JaVale-McGee

The Golden State Warriors, Dallas Mavericks, Toronto Raptors, San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls have registered interest in JaVale McGee.

McGee and the Boston Celtics were unable to close a deal on a contract on Thursday.

It probably won't result in anything, but I think it's interesting that we're even looking for another big at all. Future changes?
blumeany
RealGM

Post#97 » by blumeany » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:40 pm

Well, here's the thing: if Niko is the real deal and Taj heals up, we're pretty much set on bigs. We already have Gasol getting ansy on the bench at the end of games, itching to get in. :lol: Now, it does appear McGee wants a player option for year two. That might be appealing if we do intend to move Taj.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#98 » by pylb » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:43 pm

I think he's looking for a multi year deal, and I doubt we'll give him that. But who knows.
He should head to the Raptors, they could use some depth at C and Ujiri's the one who traded for him in Denver.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#99 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:45 pm

This guy over Nate?

really?

This guy makes Noah look like Kyle Korver from the FT stripe.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#100 » by GimmeDat » Thu Mar 5, 2015 9:53 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:This guy over Nate?

really?

This guy makes Noah look like Kyle Korver from the FT stripe.

Eh, 60% isn't woeful for a guy like Javale - it only really becomes an issue when you start shooting FT's like Jordan/Drummond. It's not like he's going to be taking a high volume of FT's. And Jo's a solid FT shooter all things considered.

Return to Chicago Bulls