Image ImageImage Image

Official 2015-16 Trade Thread pt II

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

whitesocks
Sophomore
And1: 54

Re: Official 2015-16 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#1761 » by whitesocks » Tue Dec 1, 2015 6:29 pm

Ice Man wrote:
whitesocks wrote:So you want to move a player who is a doppelganger of a guy who just got paid for the same skill set 1238718273 billion dollars and throw in a pick for the hell of it?

If I ever get smart enough to figure out what that sentence means, I'll be pretty smart.

I am against the idea of using a draft pick just to move taj gibson for nothing on the pretense that it would give Portis more minutes.

the pretense part is specifically what I mocked. you can go ahead and re-read it now.

edit: I was also making a Tristan Thompson reference.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#1762 » by BullsFTW » Wed Dec 2, 2015 12:55 am

Would like to get Favors from Utah. He seems to play better at Center. But with Gobert there, he's a PF.

I wouldn't mind trading Niko + Picks to get Favors.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1763 » by R3AL1TY » Wed Dec 2, 2015 4:43 am

Bulls get: Thornton, Lawson, Jones
Houston get: Noah, Moore, Snell
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#1764 » by Chi town » Wed Dec 2, 2015 3:33 pm

Trade for Ish Smith. 2nd round pick and Cam Bear.

With Norris Cole and Tyreke back he won't see the floor.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#1765 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Dec 2, 2015 7:39 pm

MrSparkle wrote:BTW I'm not seeing how trading Taj or Noah for a future 1st pick makes us any better. No one's giving up a lotto pick for either of these guys, so they'll be protected, and with Gar's draft history, probability says you're not looking at an impact player, nor a very high ceiling player in the 15-25 spot.

You can try to nuke the team and wait for the 2017 plan (ugh), or you can give our good players a better chance of competing. We're not far off from competing. I'll admit, odds are entirely against us with the super teams (Cavs, Spurs and Warriors), but there's still that micro chance that Jimmy, Rose, Niko, Pau and Noah click at the same time in May.

I'm realistic with my expectations for Rose and Noah; they're capable of a big playoff game, but you can't count on it. I know they're not consistently good, and I know they're another injury away from another ordeal. But Jimmy is superglue. Niko is capable of improving between now and May. Pau is what he is; a declining but savvy vet, one injury away from retirement.

I'd rather compete since there's a light at the end of the tunnel, as opposed to nuking it and doing a half-assed free agency, draft or simply saving Reinsdorf from some more luxury tax. Let's replace the rainbow-sprinkles (McDermott, Snell, 2016 1st picks) with some meat & potatoes. To follow up on my previous post, here are some more serious-trades that I'd take:

OUT: Gasol, Snell
IN: Ross, Johnson, Biyombo, 2nd rd.

OUT: McDermott, Sac. 1st
IN: Smart, 2nd rd.

Rose Smart Kirk Brooks
Jimmy Moore
Ross Johnson Dunleavy
Niko Portis Felicio
Noah Taj Biyombo

Raps would most likely do the first, their fans seem to be a little frustrated with Ross. No way Boston would move Smart for Dougie and a protected first(most likely turning into seconds), Smart was the fifth pick in the draft a year ago and their best asset. Rozier might be available from them as he seems blocked from getting any playing time.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,099

Post#1766 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Dec 3, 2015 11:03 am

Pau Gasol, Tony Snell & Cameron Bairstow for Jeff Green & a pick.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#1767 » by Chi town » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:53 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:Pau Gasol, Tony Snell & Cameron Bairstow for Jeff Green & a pick.

Never. Green sucks.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#1768 » by sco » Thu Dec 3, 2015 6:22 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:Bulls get: Thornton, Lawson, Jones

Thornton seems like the guy they like. Brewer looks like odd man out (he is too much like Ariza). I want Brewer.

Also, despite comments to contrary, Lawson has to be someone they'd dump. Bad fit with ball-needy Harden. Would be good guy to have in addition to Rose. Could foster competition and alternative.

I like Jones, but he is redundant.

Houston needs a legit PF. I'd do Taj or Niko plus filler. They won't want Noah.
:clap:
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#1769 » by qianlong » Thu Dec 3, 2015 7:11 pm

I really liked the favours mention, since i saw him as a good fit and in some way feasible. Then gobert went down.
Still looking for a good starting center going forward
Ball don't lie
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1770 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Dec 3, 2015 7:49 pm

If you're looking for another Jeremy Lamb-type steal out there, there's a pretty obvious one right now - Mitch McGary. He's in the DLeague now even though he could probably be a very good backup already. May be a better prospect than Portis but he just can't get any time.

The frontcourt here obviously isn't any less busier, but there's a pretty good chance it's a different story in about six months, whereas Ibaka, Kanter and Adams probably aren't going anywhere for a long time.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#1771 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Dec 3, 2015 9:35 pm

McGary is a good target.

Also Delon Wright (stuck behind Lowry/Joseph).
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#1772 » by bulliedog8 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 10:28 pm

Knicks get: Pau
Bulls get: Derrick Williams and Lou Amundson

Pau back with Phil in the triangle and can mentor Porzingis. Big city since he loves that stuff.

Bulls get expiring Lou and Derrick Williams is a player option for 4.6mil (will probably take it). So bulls would save a minimum of 3 mil next year and up to 7 mil if Williams opts out. Noah goes back to the starting lineup. Portis or Williams split minutes, bulls get younger and more athletic. Lou can mentor Bairstow ha.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1773 » by R3AL1TY » Thu Dec 3, 2015 10:33 pm

sco wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:Bulls get: Thornton, Lawson, Jones

Thornton seems like the guy they like. Brewer looks like odd man out (he is too much like Ariza). I want Brewer.

Also, despite comments to contrary, Lawson has to be someone they'd dump. Bad fit with ball-needy Harden. Would be good guy to have in addition to Rose. Could foster competition and alternative.

I like Jones, but he is redundant.

Houston needs a legit PF. I'd do Taj or Niko plus filler. They won't want Noah.

Yeh, I was going to roll with Taj initially, but the Bulls would be paying more bringing in Lawson. Noah's contract seem to help the best in taking on Lawson't contract with additional players or making things more even contract wise. But that's if Houston would buy into the idea of having an energy, junkyard guy who can pass the ball well and rebound well. I like Brewer too, but based on his stats so far, I would rather Thornton if we can sell the idea of Snell shooting 3s better than him and Snell being athletic and younger. Even though Jones is redundant, we would at least have a smaller big that is athletic and is a better scorer around the rim. He would help the Bulls be more flexible in playing small, but the rebounding may take a hit.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1774 » by MrSparkle » Thu Dec 3, 2015 10:37 pm

I'd only trade Pau if we get a promising young talent in return; high-ceiling or ultra athlete with skills.

Otherwise, it's pointless moving him for a role-player. Besides Jimmy and a healthy Rose showing up, I'd say Pau gives us the best (long-shot) chance to compete for a ring. Send him out for a group of role-players and we're icing a 1st/2nd round bounce with nothing to show for it long-term.

Jeff Green, Derrick Williams and Lou Amundson? Uh... No.
The Kane
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#1775 » by The Kane » Fri Dec 4, 2015 12:17 am

MrSparkle wrote:I'd only trade Pau if we get a promising young talent in return; high-ceiling or ultra athlete with skills.

Otherwise, it's pointless moving him for a role-player. Besides Jimmy and a healthy Rose showing up, I'd say Pau gives us the best (long-shot) chance to compete for a ring. Send him out for a group of role-players and we're icing a 1st/2nd round bounce with nothing to show for it long-term.

So you'd rather lose him for nothing?

Let's keep it real, the odds of the Bulls winning a ring this year are slim, even with Gasol.

Gasol is most likely gone this offseason. I don't see the logic on letting him walk when we could potentially get a decent player for him, and fill a hole at SF. Derrick Williams and Jeff Green are better than any of the options we currently have at the 3.

(Not saying any of these deals would actually happen btw. Just don't understand the logic.)
"This game has always been, and will always be about buckets."

- Bill Russell
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#1776 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Dec 4, 2015 12:22 am

Pau Gasol to Dallas for Felton & Justin Anderson
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1777 » by WYO » Fri Dec 4, 2015 7:19 am

The Kane wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:I'd only trade Pau if we get a promising young talent in return; high-ceiling or ultra athlete with skills.

Let's keep it real, the odds of the Bulls winning a ring this year are slim, even with Gasol.

Gasol is most likely gone this offseason. I don't see the logic on letting him walk when we could potentially get a decent player for him, and fill a hole at SF. Derrick Williams and Jeff Green are better than any of the options we currently have at the 3.

(Not saying any of these deals would actually happen btw. Just don't understand the logic.)

You want to trade a player the Bulls have a slim chance of winning a championship with for a player or players who the Bulls have an even lesser chance of winning a championship with. Your trade gets the Bulls nothing other than a new name that won't beat Lebron.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Post#1778 » by vxmike » Fri Dec 4, 2015 10:21 am

Pau and MDJ for Jeff Green and Brandan Wright.

Mem needs scoring and shooting. Wright barely plays and they have Barnes/Carter/Lee/Allen.

Bulls desperately need athleticism. Wright/Noah/Taj/Niko is a much more balanced frontcourt forces Fred to play a defender next to Niko. Green starts at SF with Doug backing him up and Snell backing up Butler. This also reduced playing Kirk/Moore at SG next to a crappy PG.
TimHonks
Senior
And1: 293

Post#1779 » by TimHonks » Fri Dec 4, 2015 3:38 pm

These trade ideas are making my head hurt. Everyone realizes that we are good, right? We are a few things going right away from being a true contender. Granted, those things have to go right and I wouldn't call it likely, but teams don't just trade away future HOF players before a playoff run for other teams backups.

Taj is really the only player that I could see possibly being traded.
bullslas
Veteran
And1: 1,144

Post#1780 » by bullslas » Fri Dec 4, 2015 3:51 pm

The Kane wrote:

Give me a slim chance over no chance any day. How does Derrick Williams and Jeff Green help this team out next year? If you trade Pau, it's for a younger player who has upside. Those two you mentioned do nothing but make us a bad team this year and next year.

Return to Chicago Bulls