Image ImageImage Image

Official 2015-16 Trade Thread pt II

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Official 2015-16 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#1 » by kingkirk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 am

New topic. Old thread link.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1333178#start_here

Trade away...
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,257

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#2 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:21 pm

George Hill is having a fantastic year.

Would love a Hill for Gibson deal.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#3 » by pylb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:George Hill is having a fantastic year.

I don't know why Pacers would want that deal
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#4 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26 pm

pylb wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:George Hill is having a fantastic year.

I don't know why Pacers would want that deal

It's a career year for Hill, out of the norm. Maybe they don't buy it long term.

They could use frontcourt help, West is getting up there. It's basically West and Hibbert, West is 34 and Scola is 34. They're done soon.

Maybe George comes back, move Stuckey to point and draft a wing to start at the other guard spot.

Idk, just thinking.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#5 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Love Hill playing behind both Rose and Butler, always liked his game. Guard rotations would be set. Keep Brooks as a twelve man, wave goodbye to Kirk and Moore.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#6 » by pylb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:39 pm

I mean I wouldn't mind Hill, but Stuckey at the point didn't work in Detroit, and while Scola is coming off the books for the Pacers, they'll still have West and Hibbert. They're probably looking for a good PG or at least someone who can score to take some pressure off PG.

Not the same level of player, but since I made the very last post in the previous thread, I'll just repost it here for a teeny bit more exposure: I wouldn't mind signing Jason Richardson to a small deal to be our veteran backup wing next year. He looks OK in Philly after the two years off.

edit: saw this proposal on the Raps forum
Vasquez + Ross + 2015 1st
for
Gibson

Ross has had a very disappointing season. Poor defender, doesn't get to the line, but I guess he's a wing who can make 3s. It would be a late first, but a first is always semi valuable. I don't like Vasquez though.
EastBayFJ
Head Coach
And1: 295

Post#7 » by EastBayFJ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:59 am

So who trades Joakim Noah for Steven Adams , Steve Novak and Anthony Morrow ?
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#8 » by GimmeDat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:42 am

I would do Taj for Vasquez/Ross/1st.

Vasquez is a good backup, though a bit overpaid and not a great fit for how we use our PG's. Ross, I like. Good prospect, at worst, doesn't improve and stays a borderline starter who's athletic and can hit the 3, at best can develop into a true starter. Be nice to get that extra 1st as well. Btw, I thought Ross was a good defender?

I'm not trading Jo, neither is the FO.

This is a bit of a pipedream at this point, but imagine trading up for Hezonja this draft. Not going to happen because we have Dougie and Hezonja's arrogance is a bit much for the Bulls FO, but we would have the best NBA Euro combo, ever.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,099

Post#9 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:48 am

Taj/Kings Pick/2015 1st rounder

for

Kings 2015 1st rounder
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#10 » by EastBayFJ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:24 am

Raps don't do Taj ....sheeyat ....Jonas, Amir, PP is a pretty solid front court already , and , then throw in JJ and Hansborough...I like the balance of their front court. They are a pretty nicely balanced team as is ....if anything I think they need to add genuine 3 size/skill

Y'know....I honestly think Jo is the one to go . Unless we intend giving him a 5 year $65M deal the summer after next deal him for Steven Adams , who , I think will prove to be a monster waiting to happen and the ideal complement to Nikola Mirotic in the front court for the next 10 years

It's a win now move for the Thunder who go all out to retain Durant with this move , but , both he and Noah mature at the same time

If they stay healthy the Thunder takes the West out with Noah , Ibaka , Durant , Lamb and Westbrook supported by Kanter , Collison Roberson , Waiters , and Augustin
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#11 » by EastBayFJ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:Taj/Kings Pick/2015 1st rounder

for

Kings 2015 1st rounder

So basically it's Taj and #22 for #8 in this draft ...seeing as though that pick will eventually be 2nd rounder poop in non conveyance over time

Yeah....nut...don't think so
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#12 » by BullsFTW » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:Taj/Kings Pick/2015 1st rounder

for

Kings 2015 1st rounder

Then draft Poeltl or WCS
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#13 » by fuzzy1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Hawks fan.

I'm curious how open you'd be to trading either Noah or Gasol. I'd imagine Noah would be a bit more expensive (not sure if that's the truth, though), but either would fit nicely on the Hawks I think. We wouldn't want to trade away any of our core (we hopefully will contend for championships for a while), but we've got some decent young pieces you might like.

Here's my first thought: to free up playing time for Niko (who's a beast, btw), free up some cap to resign Butler, slide Noah back to his natural 5 position, get a backup PG + wing and get younger, something like

Mack
Bazemore
Scott (or no Scott, if you want the cap)
T'Wolves Protected Pick and/or 2016 Atl first (not the Brooklyn pick this year)
Rights to Lamar Patterson

For

Gasol
Hinrich

to my eyes that doesn't seem that bad, but obviously I'm biased. Curious what you guys think.

Edit: Should also say that I don't see your roster, as currently constructed, as a championship contender (no offense). If you do then obviously trading away Gasol is probably not a great idea.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#14 » by sco » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:25 am

Living in NY, I think the Knicks could be suckered again. Phil NEEDS to contend now, not in two years. I think if there was any team that would roll the dice on Rose this offseason, assuming he finishes strong it's NY. They have Melo who needs to win NOW. They will also have a top pick. Salaries are tough to match and we may need a 3rd team, but I think between Rose, Noah, Taj, our pick (not saying all, noting assets) there's something that could entice NY to trade the pick and get us to have cash to rebalance.
:clap:
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#15 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 am

sco wrote:Living in NY, I think the Knicks could be suckered again. Phil NEEDS to contend now, not in two years. I think if there was any team that would roll the dice on Rose this offseason, assuming he finishes strong it's NY. They have Melo who needs to win NOW. They will also have a top pick. Salaries are tough to match and we may need a 3rd team, but I think between Rose, Noah, Taj, our pick (not saying all, noting assets) there's something that could entice NY to trade the pick and get us to have cash to rebalance.

I would do a Rose to Knicks with 3rd team involved,where we get the starting pass first PG with good D back.. we dont need 2-3 more rookies on sensitive roster spots.. Give me Dragic, Lawson or Conley and lets close the deal :D
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#16 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm

fuzzy1 wrote:Hawks fan.

I'm curious how open you'd be to trading either Noah or Gasol. I'd imagine Noah would be a bit more expensive (not sure if that's the truth, though), but either would fit nicely on the Hawks I think. We wouldn't want to trade away any of our core (we hopefully will contend for championships for a while), but we've got some decent young pieces you might like.

Here's my first thought: to free up playing time for Niko (who's a beast, btw), free up some cap to resign Butler, slide Noah back to his natural 5 position, get a backup PG + wing and get younger, something like

Mack
Bazemore
Scott (or no Scott, if you want the cap)
T'Wolves Protected Pick and/or 2016 Atl first (not the Brooklyn pick this year)
Rights to Lamar Patterson

For

Gasol
Hinrich

to my eyes that doesn't seem that bad, but obviously I'm biased. Curious what you guys think.

Edit: Should also say that I don't see your roster, as currently constructed, as a championship contender (no offense). If you do then obviously trading away Gasol is probably not a great idea.

I don't know enough about the Hawks but that doesn't look too good. Rank those players on the Hawks, what are they in terms of importance? Are any of those guys even starters? Gasol has been either 1 or 2 in terms of importance for the Bulls.

In my experience mediocre + mediocre + mediocre =/= great. You usually can't just add up role players to trade for an allstar.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#17 » by red222 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:46 pm

:nonono:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
sco wrote:Living in NY, I think the Knicks could be suckered again. Phil NEEDS to contend now, not in two years. I think if there was any team that would roll the dice on Rose this offseason, assuming he finishes strong it's NY. They have Melo who needs to win NOW. They will also have a top pick. Salaries are tough to match and we may need a 3rd team, but I think between Rose, Noah, Taj, our pick (not saying all, noting assets) there's something that could entice NY to trade the pick and get us to have cash to rebalance.

I would do a Rose to Knicks with 3rd team involved,where we get the starting pass first PG with good D back.. we dont need 2-3 more rookies on sensitive roster spots.. Give me Dragic, Lawson or Conley and lets close the deal :D
whodey
Starter
And1: 169

Post#18 » by whodey » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:15 pm

My question to everyone is whether you would be satisfied knowing Snell was a starter next year next to Butler?
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#19 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:27 pm

whodey wrote:My question to everyone is whether you would be satisfied knowing Snell was a starter next year next to Butler?

Let's say Kirk doesn't retire so here's the roster

Rose/Hinrich
Butler
Snell/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic
Noah/Gibson

You can only add talent via draft, one Mini MLE, resigning Dunleavy with early bird, and vet min. Gonna be tough to not have Snell start
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#20 » by Rerisen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:30 pm

whodey wrote:My question to everyone is whether you would be satisfied knowing Snell was a starter next year next to Butler?

Hell naw. Not unless he has some massive breakout post-season like Jimmy in 13'.

If you are a serious contender you try to avoid having a mystery or unknown starting position, based on 'hope'.

We did that with Doug this year as 3rd wing and it fell flat hard.

Return to Chicago Bulls