Image ImageImage Image

Official 2015-16 Trade Thread pt II

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#241 » by GimmeDat » Sat May 23, 2015 3:30 am

dice wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Rose is not getting traded, cut the crap. We're a contending team, why does everyone want us trade our productive core pieces for rebuilding moves?

You trade Rose and Gasol, probably our best 2 players this season outside of Jimmy, we become a borderline playoff team.

derrick was bad this season. no way around it

Inconsistent, sure, but not bad. I have no doubt he'll have a better season next year. We need him to be playing at a high level to get somewhere with this group, but trading him for draft picks or 2nd/3rd tier players isn't going to help us get to where we need to be, not to mention we all know that in the reality of it all, he's not going to get traded either way.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#242 » by dice » Sat May 23, 2015 4:08 am

GimmeDat wrote:
dice wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Rose is not getting traded, cut the crap. We're a contending team, why does everyone want us trade our productive core pieces for rebuilding moves?

You trade Rose and Gasol, probably our best 2 players this season outside of Jimmy, we become a borderline playoff team.

derrick was bad this season. no way around it

Inconsistent, sure, but not bad.

worse than deron williams, who gets no shortage of guff around these parts
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#243 » by dice » Sat May 23, 2015 4:12 am

laugh of the day: LA writer proposes kobe for butler/taj/dougie

http://la.suntimes.com/los-angeles-lakers/7/88/259643/lakers-kobe-bryant-trade-scenarios
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#244 » by GimmeDat » Sat May 23, 2015 4:56 am

dice wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
dice wrote:derrick was bad this season. no way around it

Thanks for removing the rest of my reply. And when it counted, Rose was 10-fold better than D-Will. Compare their post-season performances. His knee troubled him throughout the season. He'll have a much better year next year.
ZUDAMAGIC
Veteran
And1: 1,765

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#245 » by ZUDAMAGIC » Sat May 23, 2015 9:10 am

Rili67 wrote:I still don't believe in D rose or the way he plays... I'd trade him for Ty Lawson if the numbers matched up...
just don't hop
On the unicorn wagon next year

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Rili67
Senior
And1: 321

Post#246 » by Rili67 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:24 am

ZUDAMAGIC wrote:
Rili67 wrote:I still don't believe in D rose or the way he plays... I'd trade him for Ty Lawson if the numbers matched up...
just don't hop

If he performs... fantastic. I won't be claiming I told you so. I don't like the dudes attitude off the court, he chucks 3s, and he gets his ass handed to him at the rim more often than not now... I lost count how many times John Henson blocked him in the buck series.
Lord knows I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm a bulls fan... not a rose fan.
Thanks to Bullsfan88
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#247 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 am

Rili67 wrote:
ZUDAMAGIC wrote:
just don't hop

If he performs... fantastic. I won't be claiming I told you so. I don't like the dudes attitude off the court, he chucks 3s, and he gets his ass handed to him at the rim more often than not now... I lost count how many times John Henson blocked him in the buck series.

What has he done off the court? He works his ass off and keeps himself in shape. Doesn't get in trouble with the law, doesn't get seen at parties or etc (you seem like a hater with that remark)

Chucks 3s...sure it was annoying early in the season but after his last knee surgery which fixed his knee which was giving him discomfort he looked great and wasn't "chunking" up 3s. And he was attacking in the playoffs...

Counting just the Bucks series he had just played a total of 11 games(had a total of 17) after missing a month or so. So who cares if he got blocked he was still getting his grove back. And Imo he played well agasint a great Bucks defense.

It's not an excuse but he was still dealing with rust and had fatigue late in games. After an offseason without worrying about rehabbing I 100% believe he'll bounce back. If Jimmy can become one of the better offensive players in the league after being average the year before why can't Rose?
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#248 » by aramada » Sat May 23, 2015 11:05 am

dice wrote:laugh of the day: LA writer proposes kobe for butler/taj/dougie

http://la.suntimes.com/los-angeles-lakers/7/88/259643/lakers-kobe-bryant-trade-scenarios

I'd do it... If they add Okafor
2PRTaylorMade
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#249 » by 2PRTaylorMade » Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 pm

KingJordan23 wrote:
Rili67 wrote:
ZUDAMAGIC wrote: just don't hop

What has he done off the court? He works his ass off and keeps himself in shape. Doesn't get in trouble with the law, doesn't get seen at parties or etc (you seem like a hater with that remark)

Chucks 3s...sure it was annoying early in the season but after his last knee surgery which fixed his knee which was giving him discomfort he looked great and wasn't "chunking" up 3s. And he was attacking in the playoffs...

Counting just the Bucks series he had just played a total of 11 games(had a total of 17) after missing a month or so. So who cares if he got blocked he was still getting his grove back. And Imo he played well agasint a great Bucks defense.

It's not an excuse but he was still dealing with rust and had fatigue late in games. After an offseason without worrying about rehabbing I 100% believe he'll bounce back. If Jimmy can become one of the better offensive players in the league after being average the year before why can't Rose?

Rose has had 3 knee surgeries not one not two but three. He can no longer be trusted he has shown a pattern of being prone to injury.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#250 » by SportsFan215 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Profound23 wrote:
SportsFan215 wrote:What would the Bulls be willing give send out in a Deandre Jordan S&T?

What would you like (excluding Butler and Rose)?

Is Noah/Gibson/McDermott/future SAC pick a fair deal in your eyes?
dice
RealGM

Post#251 » by dice » Sat May 23, 2015 6:25 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
dice wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Thanks for removing the rest of my reply. And when it counted, Rose was 10-fold better than D-Will. Compare their post-season performances. His knee troubled him throughout the season. He'll have a much better year next year.

the rest of your reply wasn't what i was responding to, nor did it change the context of that statement

rose was only marginally better in the playoffs, completely vanishing when it counted most. and next year is not what i was talking about
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#252 » by dumbell78 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:31 pm

SportsFan215 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
SportsFan215 wrote:What would the Bulls be willing give send out in a Deandre Jordan S&T?

What would you like (excluding Butler and Rose)?

Is Noah/Gibson/McDermott/future SAC pick a fair deal in your eyes?

I do that deal in a heartbeat.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#253 » by MrSparkle » Sat May 23, 2015 11:05 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
dice wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

He had high highs and low lows. Sounds like a rookie with a high ceiling. Sounds like a player who played his 1st full season in 3 years.

Key is whether the major knee injuries are behind him or still looming. Personally I felt pretty optimistic after this season -- the meniscus tear was brutal to hear at first, but soon after it became confirmed that it wasn't that big of a deal structurally. In fact, it might've been better to just lose part of it, which is what Bledsoe and Westbrook did (who have continued playing well).

Rose + Jimmy was a plenty potent playoff combo. SF/PF/C was not, despite the 'talent".
dice
RealGM

Post#254 » by dice » Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
dice wrote:worse than deron williams, who gets no shortage of guff around these parts

He had high highs and low lows. Sounds like a rookie with a high ceiling. Sounds like a player who played his 1st full season in 3 years.

Key is whether the major knee injuries are behind him or still looming. Personally I felt pretty optimistic after this season -- the meniscus tear was brutal to hear at first, but soon after it became confirmed that it wasn't that big of a deal structurally. In fact, it might've been better to just lose part of it, which is what Bledsoe and Westbrook did (who have continued playing well).

Rose + Jimmy was a plenty potent playoff combo. SF/PF/C was not, despite the 'talent".

dunleavy and pau were at least as good as derrick in the playoffs. the closest thing to potent was jimmy butler
Marcus50
Junior
And1: 85

Post#255 » by Marcus50 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:00 am

bondom34 wrote:Honestly, for OKC if either of the bigs goes, its Kanter not Adams imo. That said, I doubt either does.

As an OKC supporter I doubt Bulls management would consider it but if they did Presti would find it difficult not to bite because of the immediate benefit in Durant's final contract season

Pau/Ibaka/Durant/Roberson/Westbrook with a rotation of

Kanter/Augustine/Waiters/Morrow/Singler/McGary/Collison/

OKC would need to throw in Lamb to make the numbers work or as Bondom points out it is more likely Presti would S&T Kanter in this scenario. Only weakness in the OKC starting lineup is Roberson being a 1 way defensive player but there is more than enough scoring.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#256 » by SpinninHouse » Sun May 24, 2015 4:29 am

We didn't really contend this year though. We got beat 4-2 by a team with two of their three best players hurt.

How will we compete next year when they are healthy? I'm not advocating we blow it up -- but we need to make moves (both coaching and players).

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#257 » by GimmeDat » Sun May 24, 2015 8:36 am

SpinninHouse wrote:

We didn't really contend this year though. We got beat 4-2 by a team with two of their three best players hurt.

How will we compete next year when they are healthy? I'm not advocating we blow it up -- but we need to make moves (both coaching and players).

We're a lot closer to being a contender than having to rebuild, that's for sure, and and trading Rose = rebuild.

I think on paper we're a contender and with the right internal growth and coaching change we will be one of the perennial teams in the league, but there is room for improvement in the roster and we will need to make some moves, I agree.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#258 » by rtblues » Sun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

The back and forth on Rose, well, I don't believe that injury was a factor in his dismal playoff performance.
He didn't play well, and excuse makers can whine all they want, he just wasn't very good, certainly not "elite".

As to holding on to this return of "unicorn mode", it might be better to let that notion go. It's not happening. Memories are exactly that, memories. The whole thing reminds me of past players who endured major injuries, came back diminished, while
some of their loyal fans held on to hope, but ultimately never returned to their pre-injury previous level of play.

Seems like some people are still stuck in step one of the grieving process, denial, and no, that's not a river in Egypt....
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Rili67
Senior
And1: 321

Re: Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread pt II 

Post#259 » by Rili67 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:08 pm

KingJordan23 wrote:
Rili67 wrote:
ZUDAMAGIC wrote: just don't hop

How in the world can you see roses shooting percentage and be anywhere near OK with him taking the majority of your shots for your team? Dear God I'm heaven.. Some people are so blind for d rose that it's painful.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#260 » by DowNY » Mon May 25, 2015 12:31 am

Jose Calderon, Tim Hardaway Jr & future 1st for Taj?

Return to Chicago Bulls