Image ImageImage Image

OT: Aiyana Cristal

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Re: OT: Aiyana Cristal 

Post#201 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:22 am

jumpstart wrote:wait a sec, everyone(women and men, mostly women I would wager) in the media can and does comment on Kim Kardashian *ss all the time but this guy can't comment on this women's boobs? double standard?

Kim Kardashian ACTIVELY markets her ass. Through magazines, reality tv shows, sextapes, music videos and umpteen public appearances.

Her ass IS the topic of discussion.

This is NOT in any way analogous to the Aiyana incident.
For love, not money.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,484

Post#202 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:23 am

fleet wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:I see bernstien getting suspended

Called it. It is only too bad they waited so long. Only as it gained publicity. Typical corporate response.

Did he end up getting suspended?
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#203 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:28 am

jumpstart wrote:wait a sec, everyone(women and men, mostly women I would wager) in the media can and does comment on Kim Kardashian *ss all the time but this guy can't comment on this women's boobs? double standard?

Do you not understand the difference between a woman who routinely poses nude and puts out sex tapes, and a woman who is a professional sports reporter and fully clothed? A fellow media member has no business commenting on another media members body PUBLICLY. People can do whatever they want privately.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#204 » by jumpstart » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:37 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:

Do you not understand the difference between a woman who routinely poses nude and puts out sex tapes, and a woman who is a professional sports reporter and fully clothed? A fellow media member has no business commenting on another media members body PUBLICLY. People can do whatever they want privately.

I disagree. How do you know Aiyana isn't marketing her body either? There are lots of women reporters who look pretty in front of the camera and do so. Watch all the news outlets Should it be wrong for men and ladies to wear nice clothes and put on make up? Should we go that far? I suppose women only do it because they feel its the only way they can further their careers? I don't know, I just think this whole thing is hypocritical in itself.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#205 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 am

jumpstart wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:

I disagree. How do you know Aiyana isn't marketing her body either? There are lots of women reporters who look pretty in front of the camera and do so. Watch all the news outlets Should it be wrong for men and ladies to wear nice clothes and put on make up? Should we go that far? I suppose women only do it because they feel its the only way they can further their careers? I don't know, I just think this whole thing is hypocritical in itself.

Wha?

- And Googol Complex'd your post.
For love, not money.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,413

Post#206 » by fleet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:58 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
fleet wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:I see bernstien getting suspended

Called it. It is only too bad they waited so long. Only as it gained publicity. Typical corporate response.

Goddammit. I thought you were reporting a suspension was imminent. Sonof a.....
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#207 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:01 am

jumpstart wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:

What are you even talking about?
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#208 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 am

poolshark52 wrote:Aiyanna finally speaks out:

https://twitter.com/aiyanacristal/status/581562050817708032/photo/1

that was very well put.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#209 » by CalilLove89 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:25 am

She has a very fortunate case of elephantiasis, when god gives you lemons make lemonade, and wear back support.

Now, I have a bias in my head whether it is actually fair or not I don't care, but women with fake breasts invite the attention and actively paid for the attention. Obviously I don't know if they are fake or not, I am speaking in generalities when incidents like this pop up.

I am not defending what bernstein did, and I would not have done it if I were in his position, but my sympathy meter is reduced dramatically when the parts are artificially inflated.

And she is not very good at speaking in front of a camera, which is a fair criticism, lets not get crazy and act like she is the best reporter of all time because some dickwad radio host said she has huge boobs.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#210 » by dice » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:44 am

CalilLove89 wrote:She has a very fortunate case of elephantiasis, when god gives you lemons make lemonade, and wear back support.

Now, I have a bias in my head whether it is actually fair or not I don't care, but women with fake breasts invite the attention and actively paid for the attention. Obviously I don't know if they are fake or not, I am speaking in generalities when incidents like this pop up.

I am not defending what bernstein did, and I would not have done it if I were in his position, but my sympathy meter is reduced dramatically when the parts are artificially inflated.

And she is not very good at speaking in front of a camera, which is a fair criticism, lets not get crazy and act like she is the best reporter of all time because some dickwad radio host said she has huge boobs.

what a weird post
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#211 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 am

nomorezorro wrote:why can't these guys have the professionalism of a nick friedell, who appropriately directs his public, unprompted lust toward cheerleaders instead

Cause he was one...

Friedell from his college days at Syracuse. :lol:

I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#212 » by kingkirk » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:20 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Cause he was one...

Friedell from his college days at Syracuse. :lol:

This isn't my type of thread, so i found this post to be the most insightful.

I propose a new board rule. Any reference of Friedell must come with this picture posted each time. That's classic.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,640

Post#213 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Hokie wrote:I'm not going to be self-righteous and say that sort of discussion is off limits. It's childish, yes, but we've all had conversations like that with our buddies at some point. And hell, let's not pretend like women don't privately discuss similar topics regarding men. Just do it privately, like at the gym or lunch.

I'm not trying to single you out, because I've seen this sentiment a lot on this thread. Just to be clear, I don't think hardly anyone (or anyone at all) is saying that its inappropriate for men and women to privately discuss each other's looks.

Its the specific context of those comments that make them deplorable. They are media personalities publicly using a female colleague's physical appearance as a way to demean her professional competence.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,640

Post#214 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:52 pm

transplant wrote:It seems most folks who have seen Ms. Cristal's work are underwhelmed and I agree...she's not very good as a sideline reporter. I've seen her in-studio and she's no better in that format. If you've seen her work, the "How'd she get this job?" question is inescapable.

I agree. And frankly, it was Bernstein's whole point. He wasn't employing a one word method of saying "She's really hot." He was, with insulting intent, saying publicly that she sucks at her job and that the only reason she has it is because of her looks, and saying it in the crudest non-x-rated way possible.

But that's actually what makes it so inappropriate - the public, attacking intent to disparage a minority group. It is literally no different than tweeting something crude suggesting that Aggry Sam only got his job because he's black and his employer had an affirmative action plan. Even if that were true about Sam (and I'm sure its not), it would still be wildly inappropriate.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,430

Post#215 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:46 pm

DuckIII wrote:
transplant wrote:It seems most folks who have seen Ms. Cristal's work are underwhelmed and I agree...she's not very good as a sideline reporter. I've seen her in-studio and she's no better in that format. If you've seen her work, the "How'd she get this job?" question is inescapable.

I agree. And frankly, it was Bernstein's whole point. He wasn't employing a one word method of saying "She's really hot." He was, with insulting intent, saying publicly that she sucks at her job and that the only reason she has it is because of her looks, and saying it in the crudest non-x-rated way possible.

But that's actually what makes it so inappropriate - the public, attacking intent to disparage a minority group. It is literally no different than tweeting something crude suggesting that Aggry Sam only got his job because he's black and his employer had an affirmative action plan. Even if that were true about Sam (and I'm sure its not), it would still be wildly inappropriate.

Bingo
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#216 » by League Circles » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 pm

I think the reason why his comments were so rude was that he's bringing negative light on what should be a positive thing. She pretty clearly does present herself in a deliberately sexually attractive way, and that's a pleasant thing for viewers. Him implying that there is something wrong or unfair about her being in her role partially due to her well framed breasts is just rude, because there is no importance in her having any specific skills or abilities in her job. She's not a public servant and what she does or does not do has no real affect on anything important. is there a less important job in existence than pro sports sideline reporter?

No, there isn't. So let her do it as sexy as she can without being a jerk about it Bernstein.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
bullslas
Veteran
And1: 1,144

Post#217 » by bullslas » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Berstein spoke the truth. She really has 0 business being a sideline reporter. She is very bad at it.

If she was a male and was that bad at the job, people would be calling for him to be fired, but shes an attractive female and she gets a break.

She should thank Bernstein as she will probably get hired by ESPN now.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#218 » by ChicagoStrong » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 pm

bullslas wrote:Berstein spoke the truth. She really has 0 business being a sideline reporter. She is very bad at it.

If she was a male and was that bad at the job, people would be calling for him to be fired, but shes an attractive female and she gets a break.

That's still isn't a valid reason for the remarks he made.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#219 » by League Circles » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:04 pm

bullslas wrote:Berstein spoke the truth. She really has 0 business being a sideline reporter. She is very bad at it.

What would make someone good at sideline "reporting"? Why would anyone take it seriously enough to criticize someone's merit to do the job or call for their firing? Seems so silly.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,430

Post#220 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:05 pm

fleet wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
fleet wrote:Called it. It is only too bad they waited so long. Only as it gained publicity. Typical corporate response.

Goddammit. I thought you were reporting a suspension was imminent. Sonof a.....

Fleet if ever interested check this board out

http://score670.com/phpBB/index.php

Any and all B&B haters are welcome. It is the Wild West over there. The hosts read some post but the interns start new profiles etc.... It is fun to rip on those guys. I think you would like it. On this subject well there are plenty of threads with lots details

Return to Chicago Bulls