Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Board BAT - Playoffs (West - Semi's)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Bulls Board BAT - Playoffs (West - Semi's) 

Post#21 » by GimmeDat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:49 am

Looks like it's over already, but I disagree with some of your argument, Context.

You have a great team and it could go either way, but I have to point out some things from what you said. First off, Stevens is coaching a team with little to no talent and is making them play very well. Doc is has been questionable as the Clippers HC, but of course, with the talent they have, they're going to be a good team. Stevens is a fresh coach in a rebuilding situation, you can judge his apititude on playoff success.

I would agree with your point that the perimeter defenses are about equal.

As for backup PG's, have you seen how Rondo's playing this year? He's been pretty trash, albeit not in the greatest fit of a situation, but he wasn't looking to flash late in his Celtics tenure either. I give him points for being a proven winner, but at the end of the day this isn't the same Rondo that won a championship. As for 'Livingston shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Rondo', Rondo is putting up 11/6/8 per/36 on 42%, Livingston 12/5/6 on 51%. It should also be noted that Livingston, due to his size, is more built to play alongside another PG, whilst Rondo, in size or skillset, is a player that can be played next to another PG, limiting him to a smaller role. If anything, I give the edge to Livingston overall.

Pointing out Mahinmi is an important one to make, I think some people overlooked that, but you're still running a big liability on defense at the 4, which happens to be against Dirk. Covington isn't a bad defender per se, but that's predominantly against 3's, at the 4 Dirk would have a field day, and Speights is a notoriously bad defender.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,362

Post#22 » by Context » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:38 am

GimmeDat wrote:Looks like it's over already, but I disagree with some of your argument, Context.

You have a great team and it could go either way, but I have to point out some things from what you said. First off, Stevens is coaching a team with little to no talent and is making them play very well. Doc is has been questionable as the Clippers HC, but of course, with the talent they have, they're going to be a good team. Stevens is a fresh coach in a rebuilding situation, you can judge his apititude on playoff success.

I would agree with your point that the perimeter defenses are about equal.

As for backup PG's, have you seen how Rondo's playing this year? He's been pretty trash, albeit not in the greatest fit of a situation, but he wasn't looking to flash late in his Celtics tenure either. I give him points for being a proven winner, but at the end of the day this isn't the same Rondo that won a championship. As for 'Livingston shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Rondo', Rondo is putting up 11/6/8 per/36 on 42%, Livingston 12/5/6 on 51%. It should also be noted that Livingston, due to his size, is more built to play alongside another PG, whilst Rondo, in size or skillset, is a player that can be played next to another PG, limiting him to a smaller role. If anything, I give the edge to Livingston overall.

Pointing out Mahinmi is an important one to make, I think some people overlooked that, but you're still running a big liability on defense at the 4, which happens to be against Dirk. Covington isn't a bad defender per se, but that's predominantly against 3's, at the 4 Dirk would have a field day, and Speights is a notoriously bad defender.

I could refute so much of what you mentioned but i will bow out gracefully...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#23 » by kingkirk » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:26 am

Imagine how good my team would be if Gimme trades me Klay.

Jerk.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,548

Post#24 » by PaKii94 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:08 am

SimonFish wrote:Let's vote below! Don't vote for your own team (of course), but you may state your case.

First time getting 4 votes proceed to next round.

Lemme know if the depth chart is not updated - I just directly copied and pasted from your roster page.

1. Grizzlies vs 4. Suns

Grizzlies:
PG Lawson /Lin /McCallum/ Harris
SG Dudley /Gordon/Harris / CJ
SF Durant /C.J /Dudley / Early
PF Z Bo /Mason /Durant / Lauvergne
C Pau /Miles /Mason / Sacre
HC: Kevin McHale

Suns:
PG - ....Jeff Teague.........//.......C.J.Watson..............//.......J.J. Barea
SG - .....Danny Green.......//.......Marcus Thornton.......//.......Jordan Adams
SF - .....Khris Middleton....//.......Mike Dunleavy Jr......//.......James Jones
PF - .....Anthony Davis......//.......Jonas Jerebko.........//.......Matt Bonner
C - ......Tiago Splitter.......//.......Alex Len.................//.......(Walter Tavares)
HC: Rick Carlisle

2. Nuggets vs 3. Blazers

Nuggets:
HC: Doc Rivers
PG:Damian Lillard l Rajon Rondo l Nate Robinson
SG: Avery Bradley l PJ Tucker l Kent Bazemore
SF:Trevor Ariza l Wilson Chandler l Danny Granger
PF:Paul Millsap l Robert Covington l Shawn Marion
C: Hassan Whiteside l Marreese Speights l Ian Mahinmi

Blazers (Depth Chart not available, so here is my guess):
HC: Brad Stevens
PG: Stephen Curry /Shaun Livingston / Beno Udrih / Isaiah Canaan
SG: JJ Redick / Marco Belinelli
SF: DeMarre Carroll / Kyle Singler
PF: Dirk Nowitzki / Pero Antic / Kris Humphries
C: Andrew Bogut / Jordan Hill / Aron Baynes

I vote for Suns> Grizz, Blazers> Nuggets

Blazers vs nuggets was too close, blazers edged to the front because Nugget's lack a true secondary playmaker (not a big fan of rondo)
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,548

Post#25 » by PaKii94 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:09 am

Mark K wrote:Imagine how good my team would be if Gimme trades me Klay.

Jerk.

or if i gifted you hayward 8-)
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#26 » by kingkirk » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 am

PaKii94 wrote:or if i gifted you hayward 8-)

Yep, that too. Damn jerk! :D

Return to Chicago Bulls