Image ImageImage Image

Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Re: Lowe: Thibs' peeps expect him to be fired after season 

Post#101 » by Stratmaster » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
There is nothing in Thibs history to suggest any of that. Holy smokes at all that bull.

If you want to call the post bull you might want to explain what it is you disagree with.

All of it. It's all garbage. He isn't an egomaniac because you say so, he was furious about Ron Adams getting fired, and no one talks about their assistant coaches in the league. Tell me about bostons', or the lakers assistants, and all the media attention they get. :lol:

Refusing to work with anyone? Adversarial? Snub his nose at every chance? Do you read these types of phrases and realize how foolish they sound. Hyperbole loses credibility, it doesn't add to it.

You're literally making up stuff with no facts and pretending like it's the case. TMZ would be ashamed.

you conveniently took out the questions I asked listing each of the points I made and asking what it was you disagreed with. Everything I said can be backed up as much if not more than the opposite narrative that the FO are mean guys pissing on thibs. The whole point is that none of us know what is really going on.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#102 » by Stratmaster » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
There is nothing in Thibs history to suggest any of that. Holy smokes at all that bull.

If you want to call the post bull you might want to explain what it is you disagree with.

All of it. It's all garbage. He isn't an egomaniac because you say so, he was furious about Ron Adams getting fired, and no one talks about their assistant coaches in the league. Tell me about bostons', or the lakers assistants, and all the media attention they get. :lol:

Refusing to work with anyone? Adversarial? Snub his nose at every chance? Do you read these types of phrases and realize how foolish they sound. Hyperbole loses credibility, it doesn't add to it.

You're literally making up stuff with no facts and pretending like it's the case. TMZ would be ashamed.

So I'll ask you again which of these you believe to be untrue. Maybe this time you can actually put some justification behind your opinion? you say it isn't true just because I say it is, but seem to think just because you say the opposite is true everyone should take your word for it.:

Nothing in thibs history to suggest he doesn't like gar?
Thibs value right now isn't at it's highest in his career?
You don't think there are teams that would offer him more money and control?
With all the leaks from his camp, and the SVG comments, you still don't think he wants out?

He has complained about the new minutes restrictions publicly multiple times. It is pretty much accepted fact that he doesn't like the approach of the new training staff. When have you ever heard him talk about his assistant coaches?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,312

Post#103 » by coldfish » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

General question: Does the fact that Washington just completely annihilated the Raptors in 4 change anyone's view of what happened last year?

I have always been of the feeling that Washington, talent wise, was heads and shoulders above the Bulls last year. Thibs still didn't have a good series in refusing to start Gibson, but it wasn't the complete debacle coaching wise that many seem to think it was. Washington has a team that is built for the playoffs.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#104 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 pm

coldfish wrote:General question: Does the fact that Washington just completely annihilated the Raptors in 4 change anyone's view of what happened last year?

I have always been of the feeling that Washington, talent wise, was heads and shoulders above the Bulls last year. Thibs still didn't have a good series in refusing to start Gibson, but it wasn't the complete debacle coaching wise that many seem to think it was. Washington has a team that is built for the playoffs.

I hope Washington beats Atlanta because they don't scare me at all.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#105 » by Tenchi Ryu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:15 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
coldfish wrote:General question: Does the fact that Washington just completely annihilated the Raptors in 4 change anyone's view of what happened last year?

I hope Washington beats Atlanta because they don't scare me at all.

It's been how I thought it would be all year. Nobody has really nobody to fear this year, everyone is just as beatable as the rest. While we can feel confident in that we can beat Washington, don't need to take them lightly cause they could beat us as well.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#106 » by MGB8 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:33 pm

If Thibs does leave, I really hope that the Bulls can trade him and "get something" in return, ala the Celtics and Doc.

If Thibs wants to go to Orlando or whatnot. Honestly, I wouldn't be that sad to see him go given the joke lineups that he's been playing in the playoffs. But you don't let talent walk for nothing - and with all the criticisms, Thibs is a talented coach..
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#107 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Unless Taj was prime Shaq, I don't know how the Bulls could have won last year. When you see a fresh, supposedly repaired Noah struggle this year.....you can guess how useless he was on the court last year on tired legs and add Jimmy struggling with a tired Kirk. Kirk looks bad this year having fresh legs and imagine him with tired legs against Washington. Plus, Boozer had completely checked out.

That team in hindsight was running on a gimmicky offense which got a bad match-up. That said, if they were healthy as in March, they would have made it a tougher series.

All that said, those guys had to play. You don't give up on the season either.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#108 » by D_GoLow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Every time Thibs uses Noah in the high screen & roll I hate him a little more.
This is not a moment, it's a movement
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,609

Post#109 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Not mine.

Thibs made two mistakes in the playoffs last year -- 1) riding Jimmy too hard late in the season, so that he had a miserable series playing with dead legs, and 2) starting Boozer. Those things held true regardless of how Washington played, what Wittman did, and how the Wizards are faring this year.

Another way of putting the matter -- whether the Bulls won that series or not is immaterial to the analysis of Thibs' decisions. That Washington got hot and played great did not make Thibs a worse coach, and if the Wizards had sucked wind and the Bulls had pulled out that series it wouldn't have made him a better coach.*

On the Wizards, I am curious as to how next series will play out. This year has been a virtual repeat for the Wizards. Fifth seed once again, played great in the first round against the #4 seed once again, now matched up against what most people would consider to be a soft #1 seed once again. Last year the Wiz fell on their collective faces against a vulnerable Indy squad. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go splat this year too, thereby making 2015 a complete repeat of 2014.

* I know that is not how coaching discussions generally run, but it's how proper data analysis is done.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#110 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Trade would suffice better. But who are the other options? Hoiberg? Sorry i aint jumping through hoops for him.
Coach K, Calipari? Then we talking about something.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#111 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:

Unless Taj was prime Shaq, I don't know how the Bulls could have won last year. When you see a fresh, supposedly repaired Noah struggle this year.....you can guess how useless he was on the court last year on tired legs and add Jimmy struggling with a tired Kirk. Kirk looks bad this year having fresh legs and imagine him with tired legs against Washington. Plus, Boozer had completely checked out.

That team in hindsight was running on a gimmicky offense which got a bad match-up. That said, if they were healthy as in March, they would have made it a tougher series.

All that said, those guys had to play. You don't give up on the season either.

Funny thing , taj was playng like a prime shaq, posting PERS close to league highs during the playoffs. He was literally the bulls best player , so even if he wasnt a prime shaq.......
Jordan Rose123
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#112 » by Jordan Rose123 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:22 pm

The wizards thoroughly outplayed us last year and that's why I'm glad we avoided them, but it dosen't change my view...also I despise them too :lol:
You mad?
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by D_GoLow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:28 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Trade would suffice better. But who are the other options? Hoiberg? Sorry i aint jumping through hoops for him.

I'd take anyone who can help open up this offense.
adam g
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#114 » by adam g » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 pm

D_GoLow wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Trade would suffice better. But who are the other options? Hoiberg? Sorry i aint jumping through hoops for him.

Scott Brooks would be better than Hoiberg.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#115 » by The Force. » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:42 pm

What about Alvin Gentry?
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#116 » by D_GoLow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 pm

adam g wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:

I'd be thrilled to have Scott Brooks, always respected that man.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#117 » by Shill » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:27 pm

I never held last year against Thibs. Considering we had a 4th quarter lead in almost every game, I thought he did a fine job.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#118 » by Shill » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:28 pm

adam g wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:

I think Brooks is awful. He doesn't run any offense.

D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#119 » by D_GoLow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Shill wrote:
adam g wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:

The Durant/Westbrook offense was pretty hard to beat.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#120 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 pm

D_GoLow wrote:
Shill wrote:
adam g wrote:Scott Brooks would be better than Hoiberg.

The Durant/Westbrook offense was pretty hard to beat.

That doesn't show that he can do much without two MVP level talents. He needed 3 MVP level talents to make the NBA Finals.

Return to Chicago Bulls