Image ImageImage Image

Magic to offer Bulls compensation for Thibs per Kurt Helin

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TheChad708
Junior
And1: 160

Re: Magic to offer Bulls compensation for Thibs per Kurt Helin 

Post#201 » by TheChad708 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:18 am

I'm not really worried about the rift between the FO and Thibs, I more worried that some of the players won't give their heart to the team with Thibs as the coach.
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Post#202 » by bennjuiced34 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:22 am

ingvald wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:Stop making stuff up by saying that Thibs "lost the team". It's no secret and it's been reported that the players back Thibs, especially Rose.

I'm not sure about that at all.

It's rare to see a player or coach bash one another in the press.

Hell, Cutler said publicly that he wouldn't mind Trestman back. We all know that's not how he really felt.

Praise in public, criticize in private. Unless you're LeBron.

Plus, Derrick always backs his team and coach to the media. This is the same guy that said he'd roll with Keith. Maybe he believed that, but come on now. Let's not take Rose saying he'd like Thibs back as him actually wanting that to be the case.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#203 » by RedBulls23 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:04 am

Ralphb07 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:I think he goes to the Pelicans for a 2nd round pick, that's if Hoiberg agrees with us. No Hoiberg and I see the Bulls hiring an assistant with more say and letting Thibs finish out his deal.

Great another couple of years with the head coach and the FO slinging mud at each other through the media. Then when ever we watch ESPN games, we get to hear JVG rants about the FO.

The Bulls aren't going to make a rash decision and hire an inferior coach. So it boils down to who they can replace Thibs with. Now fans will debate on who that guy is if there's any but if they can get such guy he's out. Agree or Disagree but that guy seems to be Hoiberg. The question is does he make the jump.

Gentry I'm not sure on. If Gentry was to come here and with a top notch defensive guy like Mike Malone or Mike Brown caliber that could be pretty damn appealing. But I don't see the Bulls letting Thibs out and scrambling for a VDN caliber replacement.

I get not making a rash decision, but if they bring Thibs back and hire an assistant that could be portrayed as a co-head coach, I just don't see anything good coming out of that.

They don't need to hire just anyone, but there will likely be good candidates out there other than just Hoiberg. The FO can't just have Hoiberg or bust tunnel vision.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 656

Trade Compensation for Thibs: Tobias Harris? 

Post#204 » by boozapalooza » Sun May 17, 2015 6:56 am

If Thibs is coveted by NO and Orlando and we can ship him out, what can we get for him? I'm hoping we trade Thibs for Tobias Harris. Harris is a FA and if we could swing a S&T, maybe we could use Thibs as compensation? Think he'd be a really great addition. Thoughts/
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#205 » by BullsFTW » Sun May 17, 2015 7:39 am

Ralphb07 wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:Great another couple of years with the head coach and the FO slinging mud at each other through the media. Then when ever we watch ESPN games, we get to hear JVG rants about the FO.

As much as Jerry loves his money (HE LOVES IT) there is no way that happens for another two years. Thibs is gone, they will come to a agreement and part ways. This situation can seriously turn us into the laughing stock of the NBA if it isnt handled asap. I also dont know of any single player in FA that would want to join that kind of mess.

Something fans need to keep in the mind. This next coach needs to work and do just as good as Thibs. The Bulls can't oust Thibs, bring in a VDN guy and look worse. If the replacement is not better than Thibs in the BULLS eyes they won't make a change. Now I say BULLS eyes because realgm fans will say no one is better than Thibs or could be.

We will see the same team with minor tweaks next year. It won't be an complete overhaul.

Hoiberg, a young rim protecting Center, and solid back-up PG is what I want this summer.
TodayisLegsDay
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#206 » by TodayisLegsDay » Sun May 17, 2015 7:49 am

We really need to face the possibility of Hoiberg passing on the opportunity
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#207 » by ADDinChicago » Sun May 17, 2015 9:49 am

TodayisLegsDay wrote:We really need to face the possibility of Hoiberg passing on the opportunity

I think people have. Hence the reports now about guys like Alvin Gentry liking the gig. At this point, it sounds like it's Hoiberg's job to turn down and then the Bulls would go from there.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#208 » by Ralphb07 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:35 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:Great another couple of years with the head coach and the FO slinging mud at each other through the media. Then when ever we watch ESPN games, we get to hear JVG rants about the FO.

The Bulls aren't going to make a rash decision and hire an inferior coach. So it boils down to who they can replace Thibs with. Now fans will debate on who that guy is if there's any but if they can get such guy he's out. Agree or Disagree but that guy seems to be Hoiberg. The question is does he make the jump.

Gentry I'm not sure on. If Gentry was to come here and with a top notch defensive guy like Mike Malone or Mike Brown caliber that could be pretty damn appealing. But I don't see the Bulls letting Thibs out and scrambling for a VDN caliber replacement.

I get not making a rash decision, but if they bring Thibs back and hire an assistant that could be portrayed as a co-head coach, I just don't see anything good coming out of that.

They don't need to hire just anyone, but there will likely be good candidates out there other than just Hoiberg. The FO can't just have Hoiberg or bust tunnel vision.

RealGM will have a different view on who the coach can be, but the Bulls must view them as a coach they feel takes them to the next level. They'll have to figure out if this summer pool of coaches is worth it even if Hoiberg says no. Again I see Thibs being gone, I'd just wouldn't rule out them saying I don't think these pool of coaches this summer is worth it and they hire a assistant with more power.
BoocheeMan1117
Pro Prospect
And1: 262

Post#209 » by BoocheeMan1117 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:47 pm

a 2nd rounder is a D-League player. I'll pass.
BrotherDre
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#210 » by BrotherDre » Mon May 18, 2015 2:03 am

BoocheeMan1117 wrote:a 2nd rounder is a D-League player. I'll pass.

Marc Gasol is not a D League player, he was taken in the second round. Many more examples , if garpax can just use picks wisely!
You gotta get at it when you get to it;...... might not get to it to get at it again!
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,019

Post#211 » by Chi town » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 am

BullsFTW wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
As much as Jerry loves his money (HE LOVES IT) there is no way that happens for another two years. Thibs is gone, they will come to a agreement and part ways. This situation can seriously turn us into the laughing stock of the NBA if it isnt handled asap. I also dont know of any single player in FA that would want to join that kind of mess.

Something fans need to keep in the mind. This next coach needs to work and do just as good as Thibs. The Bulls can't oust Thibs, bring in a VDN guy and look worse. If the replacement is not better than Thibs in the BULLS eyes they won't make a change. Now I say BULLS eyes because realgm fans will say no one is better than Thibs or could be.

We will see the same team with minor tweaks next year. It won't be an complete overhaul.

Hoiberg, a young rim protecting Center, and solid back-up PG is what I want this summer.

I'll take that all day! Sign me up!
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#212 » by d boy gentleman » Mon May 18, 2015 3:54 am

BrotherDre wrote:

Marc Gasol is not a D League player, he was taken in the second round. Many more examples , if garpax can just use picks wisely!

There are Marc Gasol's in this draft though...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#213 » by Jeffster81 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:04 am

BrotherDre wrote:

That's true. There have been the Rashard Lewis, Marc Gasol's, and Gil Arenas that became impact players in the league despite being drafted in the 2nd round, but do you have confidence the Bulls can find that kind of player in the 2nd round or the potential new coach cultivating such talent? The only useful 2nd rders the Bulls have drafted since 2000 have been Chris Duhon, Michael Ruffin, at times Roger Mason, and Matt Bonner. Would you say any of these picks are worth trading Thibs for?

2nd round picks are worthless to the Bulls, period. If 2nd round picks is all Magic are offering, then I am pretty sure they will be eliminated early in the process.
aruan135
Sophomore
And1: 3

Re: Trade Compensation for Thibs: Tobias Harris? 

Post#214 » by aruan135 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:45 am

boozapalooza wrote:If Thibs is coveted by NO and Orlando and we can ship him out, what can we get for him? I'm hoping we trade Thibs for Tobias Harris. Harris is a FA and if we could swing a S&T, maybe we could use Thibs as compensation? Think he'd be a really great addition. Thoughts/

cmiiw, coach can only trade with pick and cash
package him with noah, get tobhar and second round
sign robin lopez + kosta koufos
Real men wears red, not headband :devil:

Scarface wrote:Beverley, Butler, Aminu, Portis, Hibbert - Thibs kinda team :roll:
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#215 » by NEM » Tue May 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
BrotherDre wrote:

That's true. There have been the Rashard Lewis, Marc Gasol's, and Gil Arenas that became impact players in the league despite being drafted in the 2nd round, but do you have confidence the Bulls can find that kind of player in the 2nd round or the potential new coach cultivating such talent? The only useful 2nd rders the Bulls have drafted since 2000 have been Chris Duhon, Michael Ruffin, at times Roger Mason, and Matt Bonner. Would you say any of these picks are worth trading Thibs for?

2nd round picks are worthless to the Bulls, period. If 2nd round picks is all Magic are offering, then I am pretty sure they will be eliminated early in the process.

2nd round picks are the only thing the Bulls will get offered, especially since it seems that the Magic are the ONLY team willing to give up anything. The celtics got a 1st for Doc because they actually wanted to keep Doc. It has been well documented that Thibs is out after this season. You'd be lucky to get 2 2nd rounders.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#216 » by gardenofsound » Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
BrotherDre wrote:

Omer Asik was a 2nd rounder.

2009: Danny Green, Jodie Meeks, Marcus Thornton, Chase Budinger, Patty Mills, Dejuan Blair
2010 2nd Rounders of Note: Hassan Whiteside, Landry Fields, Lance Stephenson,
2011 2nd Rounders of Note: Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas, Bojan Bogdanovic, E'Twaun Moore, Amir Johnson
2012 2nd Rounders of Note: Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, Quincy Acy, Khris Middleton

Next year I'm sure some 2013 and 2014 2nd rounders will start making a name for themselves. It's not a longshot to get very serviceable players in the 2nd round. I can see at least one person in each of those draft classes above that many of you would love to have starting for the 2015-2016 Bulls, and many you'd want in the rotation. Danny Green, Draymond Green, Hassan Whiteside, Chandler Parsons, or Khris Middleton would slot perfectly into the starting lineup.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,797

Post#217 » by Jcool0 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:38 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh/status/600729718741045248[/tweet]
punkmodafunk
Pro Prospect
And1: 46

Post#218 » by punkmodafunk » Tue May 19, 2015 7:08 pm

thibs+noah for tobias harris s&t+ben gordon
ingvald
Veteran
And1: 1,861

Post#219 » by ingvald » Tue May 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Jcool0 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavidHaugh/status/600729718741045248[/tweet]

Year Off looks like a good bet with a decent return.
Honesty is my only excuse.
BullsFan88- the Sig Mamba
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#220 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue May 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Apparently not if Matt Lloyd from Orlando Magic makes the pick.
For love, not money.

Return to Chicago Bulls