Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA Thread 8 | PLAYOFFS

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: Around the NBA Thread 8 | PLAYOFFS 

Post#1841 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:35 am

TimRobbins wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:I think if the Warriors lose in the finals, it will be one of the biggest upsets in nba history. At that point I will have no excuse but to give Lebron some major props.

With that said, I fully expect the Warriros to mop the floor with the Cavs.

The Cavs and Lebron struggled to score efficently against the Bulls defense at times and the Warriros have the best defense in the leauge. Not to mention the Warriors will absolutely not go on scoring droughts like the Bulls did. On top of all of that, the Cavs will have no one to hide Kyrie on the defensive end. Kyrie having to guard Curry for the entire series is going to be LOL worthy.

Warriors should win that series in 5 and that's only because Lebron will probably win them 1 game in Cleveland with the help of some home cooking.

They could try Kyrie on Barnes like they did with MDJ. Barnes isn't a 1-on-1 player..

Barnes is a muchbetter athlete than MDJ to put a small pg on him. If they try that, I highly doubt it will be positive results for the Cavs.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#1842 » by TimRobbins » Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:Barnes is a muchbetter athlete than MDJ to put a small pg on him. If they try that, I highly doubt it will be positive results for the Cavs.

I think they could try it. It would put a love of pressure on Barnes and I'm not sure he can handle it. Would take the Warriors out of their regular game which is something the Cavs need to do.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#1843 » by Wingy » Mon May 25, 2015 4:43 am

Mark K wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:Again he's not just diving for the ball. It's what comes after, the intentional twisting of his body into the legs of guys, it's not coincidental anymore. It's intentional dirty behaviour.

Agree to disagree. If I am diving for the ball, I am diving, collecting the ball and rolling to protect myself. It's how its taught in football, and it's where he would have picked that up.

I don't believe there is any malice in that play at all.

Looks like a foul on Della that was missed, but no intent to injure or anything like that.

Stupid ejection though, like the Taj one.

Delly must have nude photos of Silver or something. He's actually getting protected as much as Lebron these playoffs.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#1844 » by othawhitemeat » Mon May 25, 2015 4:45 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:I think if the Warriors lose in the finals, it will be one of the biggest upsets in nba history. At that point I will have no excuse but to give Lebron some major props.

With that said, I fully expect the Warriros to mop the floor with the Cavs.

The Cavs and Lebron struggled to score efficently against the Bulls defense at times and the Warriros have the best defense in the leauge. Not to mention the Warriors will absolutely not go on scoring droughts like the Bulls did. On top of all of that, the Cavs will have no one to hide Kyrie on the defensive end. Kyrie having to guard Curry for the entire series is going to be LOL worthy.

Warriors should win that series in 5 and that's only because Lebron will probably win them 1 game in Cleveland with the help of some home cooking.

They could try Kyrie on Barnes like they did with MDJ. Barnes isn't a 1-on-1 player..

Barnes is a muchbetter athlete than MDJ to put a small pg on him. If they try that, I highly doubt it will be positive results for the Cavs.

Barnes is not a 1-on-1 ISO player but can post up at least. Who will Lebron's guard then? You think Lebron's wants to run around chasing one of Klay or Curry?
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#1845 » by TimRobbins » Mon May 25, 2015 4:50 am

othawhitemeat wrote:Barnes is not a 1-on-1 ISO player but can post up at least. Who will Lebron's guard then? You think Lebron's wants to run around chasing one of Klay or Curry?

Lebron on Klay.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#1846 » by Polynice4Pippen » Mon May 25, 2015 4:52 am

TimRobbins wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:Barnes is a muchbetter athlete than MDJ to put a small pg on him. If they try that, I highly doubt it will be positive results for the Cavs.

I think they could try it. It would put a love of pressure on Barnes and I'm not sure he can handle it. Would take the Warriors out of their regular game which is something the Cavs need to do.

Golden State's not gonna be taken out of their regular game. Steph's gonna go right at Shumpert or whoever's guarding him, the ball movement will be the same, Klay's gonna go at whoever's on him. Cleveland's gonna have to outgun Golden State, plain and simple.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1847 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:09 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:

Golden State's not gonna be taken out of their regular game. Steph's gonna go right at Shumpert or whoever's guarding him, the ball movement will be the same, Klay's gonna go at whoever's on him. Cleveland's gonna have to outgun Golden State, plain and simple.

I don't see the Cavs being allowed to out gun the Warriros, simply because the Warriors defense is too good.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#1848 » by Red Larrivee » Mon May 25, 2015 5:12 am

Profound23 wrote:37 points on 37 shots, 6 turnovers, started 0-10 but let ESPN tell it he played the greatest game ever on a broken leg

Well because he still carried the team to a win and did everything on the floor. Who cares what his TS% was, he won the game.
ItalianBull
Starter
And1: 339

Post#1849 » by ItalianBull » Mon May 25, 2015 5:12 am

To beat the Warriors the Cavs need a healthy Irving. He has to play like he did in the regular season in order to have a chance to beat them.

Tristan will still dominate the boards and I think LeBron and Shumpert can handle Curry/Thompson better than the Rockets or Memphis. If Irving will be healthy, its going to be a great matchup.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1850 » by R3AL1TY » Mon May 25, 2015 5:23 am

Hawks poor rebounding played a big part in losing game 3.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#1851 » by Polynice4Pippen » Mon May 25, 2015 5:25 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:

I don't see the Cavs being allowed to out gun the Warriros, simply because the Warriors defense is too good.

Golden State's defense is good, but dealing with LeBron and a potentially healthy Kyrie is a different animal. I expect Cleveland to have a couple games where Golden State simply can't stop them, especially with Thompson on the offensive boards. But I just think Golden State is better offensively.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,577

Post#1852 » by Profound23 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:34 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
Profound23 wrote:37 points on 37 shots, 6 turnovers, started 0-10 but let ESPN tell it he played the greatest game ever on a broken leg

Well because he still carried the team to a win and did everything on the floor. Who cares what his TS% was, he won the game.

Lebron did some things well, I understand. But he beat a team that really shouldn't even be there. The EAST is so bad and if it wasn't for Horford going out it would have been a different story.

Pretty sure this team is going to get killed by the Warriors.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1853 » by R3AL1TY » Mon May 25, 2015 5:37 am

Home court advantage may be the Warriors' saving grace against the Cavs. Should be fun to see which team's role players come out on top. However, I question how well the Warriors will be at defensive rebounds.
Red Folder
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#1854 » by Red Folder » Mon May 25, 2015 5:39 am

Looks like it's gonna be the 5 time defending Eastern conference champion Lebron Referees in the finals again.

side note - 3 times is not a coincidence. I have played against players like Dellavadolva who always seem to "accidentally" trip other players or fall into guys legs or get tangled up on loose balls. It is not because he "plays scrappy." I wonder if Atlanta has a "Nazr Mohammad" at the end of the bench. Some scrub at the end of his career who can deliver some straight up justice to Dellavadolva and not have to worry about how long he gets suspended.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#1855 » by dumbell78 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 am

Red Folder wrote:Looks like it's gonna be the 5 time defending Eastern conference champion Lebron Referees in the finals again.

side note - 3 times is not a coincidence. I have played against players like Dellavadolva who always seem to "accidentally" trip other players or fall into guys legs or get tangled up on loose balls. It is not because he "plays scrappy." I wonder if Atlanta has a "Nazr Mohammad" at the end of the bench. Some scrub at the end of his career who can deliver some straight up justice to Dellavadolva and not have to worry about how long he gets suspended.

Elton Brands long arms could really do some damage if he was that kind of dude.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
zubi_anaba
Sophomore
And1: 113

Post#1856 » by zubi_anaba » Mon May 25, 2015 5:51 am

Profound23 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

Lebron did some things well, I understand. But he beat a team that really shouldn't even be there. The EAST is so bad and if it wasn't for Horford going out it would have been a different story.

Pretty sure this team is going to get killed by the Warriors.

Cavs going through a 40-50-60 wins teams to reach the finals, while themselves getting decimated by injuries

Warriors (fully healthy) are going thorugh 45, 55 and 56 win team all who have injuries to key personnel . Conclusion, don't whine about the easy road of the Warriors to the title, but whine about the East. Seems correct.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1857 » by kingkirk » Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 am

This isn't going to end well, Pakii.

viewtopic.php?t=1389260

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18[/youtube]
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#1858 » by TimRobbins » Mon May 25, 2015 6:27 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:Golden State's not gonna be taken out of their regular game. Steph's gonna go right at Shumpert or whoever's guarding him, the ball movement will be the same, Klay's gonna go at whoever's on him. Cleveland's gonna have to outgun Golden State, plain and simple.

Cavs have to try something to disrupt GSW. They are not out-scoring them.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#1859 » by PaKii94 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:14 am

Mark K wrote:This isn't going to end well, Pakii.

viewtopic.php?t=1389260

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGAcFqJZs18[/youtube]

I never discounted the front view.... I put SS from it in my thread. Too bad y'all locked it up. Should have at least merged it. I was going to actually write out some free body diagrams with numbers and all that pizzaz tomorrow (well technically today) but now I cant post them :(

what frustrates me the most is people using this video as end all to the argument. I feel like it provides more evidence to my claim.
Red Folder
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#1860 » by Red Folder » Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 am

Dellavadola doesn't even attempt to brace himself. After his initial stumble you can see him just kind of throw his weight towards Horford's legs and never comes close to putting his hands down to stop the fall. He was letting himself fall into Horford's legs.

Return to Chicago Bulls