Image ImageImage Image

Rodney Stuckey interested in signing with the Bulls? (Pg 8, Signs with Pacers)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Re: Rodney Stuckey interested in signing with the Bulls? 

Post#141 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:33 pm

The same could be said with Butler according to your logic (which isn't flawed by any means).

"We don't need Stuckey with Butler and (assuming) a better version of Rose."

If Rose returns to All-Star form (let alone MVP) he'll start to get to the FT line more often. And Jimmy was close to the top of the league in FT attempts. With two really good slashers on the team I'd like to see more two-way play including proven 3-pt shooting. Not saying Stuckey can't shoot at all, but Green is a dangerous long-range shooter who can change the course of a game (or playoff series for that matter).

It's all a moot point now as Green stayed in San Antonio, but yes I still would like Stuckey coming off the bench as a combo-guard option to back up both Rose and Butler.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#142 » by boomershadow » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:27 pm

I didnt see personal issues. He signed with us for cheap, worked hard, played well through a few nagging injuries, willingly came off the bench when he thought it would help the team.

There are a ton of what ifs in indy last year because of injury, but I wonder what the team would have looked like if Stuckey had a healthy Pacer team instead of starting the year with Hibbert-Scola-S. Hill-Stuckey-Sloan. And we almost made the playoffs. Without him we might have been in the mix for the top pick.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#143 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:34 pm

boomershadow wrote:I didnt see personal issues. He signed with us for cheap, worked hard, played well through a few nagging injuries, willingly came off the bench when he thought it would help the team.

There are a ton of what ifs in indy last year because of injury, but I wonder what the team would have looked like if Stuckey had a healthy Pacer team instead of starting the year with Hibbert-Scola-S. Hill-Stuckey-Sloan. And we almost made the playoffs. Without him we might have been in the mix for the top pick.

Thanks for your input! How is he running the point, or is he more of a SG.. We'd likely play him as our primary backup behind Rose if we were to sign him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,411

Post#144 » by fleet » Thu Jul 2, 2015 12:57 am

taller multi position players are the Dubs model as Rerisen pointed out. The Bulls can't be them, but they can get better at having taller multi-purpose guards.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#145 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:20 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JMichaelCSN/status/616426344830902272[/tweet]
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#146 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:20 am

pylb wrote:We did a fine job of slowing Lebron down this year (better than GS). But not covering their other players and lack of effort on offense let us down.

Because we compromised our entire defense to do it. Leaving shooters open all over the floor.

Golden State played him mostly straight up till he got to the rim, thus shutting down all the role players. And they had enough fouls and defenders to use such a strategy, we didn't.

That said, the Cavs are a whole new animal, now with Love back resigned and Irving healthy. Just stopping LeBron will only be the beginning of the nightmare.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#147 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:47 pm

theanimal23 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JMichaelCSN/status/616426344830902272[/tweet]

Harsh. Gonna join WAS now and back up John Wall.
Grunfeld knows if they had someone to spell Wall for a few stretches when he hurt his hand, they prob would have beat ATL.

Stuckey is a great add there :banghead:

lets review the injuries here for the EC Semi-Final teams....

ATL - Lost Carroll and Korver and got swept by CLE

CLE - Lost Irving and the title to GSW

WAS - Lost Wall and got beat by ATL

Now the BIG question is can WAS pry Durant from OKC.... :o
ryannik09
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#148 » by ryannik09 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:06 pm

Rerisen wrote:
pylb wrote:We did a fine job of slowing Lebron down this year (better than GS). But not covering their other players and lack of effort on offense let us down.

Because we compromised our entire defense to do it. Leaving shooters open all over the floor.

Golden State played him mostly straight up till he got to the rim, thus shutting down all the role players. And they had enough fouls and defenders to use such a strategy, we didn't.

That said, the Cavs are a whole new animal, now with Love back resigned and Irving healthy. Just stopping LeBron will only be the beginning of the nightmare.

Good and if Kevin Love is on the floor Tristan Thompson isnt or Mozgov isnt out there protecting the rim...Bulls would have had a better chance in that series with Love playing than Thompson or Mozgov out there. Put Love in the pick and roll on defense and watch him get killed all game long. Have you seen footage of Love protecting the rim? He is a worse defender than Carlos Boozer. TT is one of the best bigs in the league at guarding the pick and roll due to his ability to move his feet, and Mozgovs ability to get vertical and protect the rim had a huge impact in that series as well.

Love doesnt crash the boards on offense the way Thompson does either which really hurt the Bulls, he hides out 20ft from the basket.

Despite these things if the Bulls dont blow a 15 pt leading going into the 4th qtr they have a chance to be up 3-1 in that series and IMO they would have finished Cleveland in one of the next two games.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#149 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:53 pm

So what kind of money is he looking for? Surprised we haven't seen any numbers.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#150 » by Indomitable » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:21 pm

I wm still hoping
:banghead:
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#151 » by pylb » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:23 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:So what kind of money is he looking for? Surprised we haven't seen any numbers.

He took a min contract last year, he's probably hoping for 7-12M per year. Remains to be seen whether he can get that.

e: welp he got 7M.
ForumMerc
Senior
And1: 83

Rodney Stuckey interested in signing with the Bulls? 

Post#152 » by ForumMerc » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:26 pm

@ShamsCharania: Rodney Stuckey has agreed in principle on three-year, $21 million deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell RealGM. Year 3 opt out.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#153 » by MC3 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:31 pm

ForumMerc wrote:@ShamsCharania: Rodney Stuckey has agreed in principle on three-year, $21 million deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell RealGM. Year 3 opt out.

interested in signing with bulls for MMLE...hmmm bull****

we are stuck with worthless MMLE...
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#154 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:32 pm

These guys are just too far out of our price range. I expect Lin to sign for 7 million as well.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#155 » by Proven_Winner » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:00 pm

If he's getting that then I would guess that corey joseph is the only above average PG in our range right now.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#156 » by TheStig » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:05 pm

ryannik09 wrote:
Rerisen wrote:

Good and if Kevin Love is on the floor Tristan Thompson isnt or Mozgov isnt out there protecting the rim...Bulls would have had a better chance in that series with Love playing than Thompson or Mozgov out there. Put Love in the pick and roll on defense and watch him get killed all game long. Have you seen footage of Love protecting the rim? He is a worse defender than Carlos Boozer. TT is one of the best bigs in the league at guarding the pick and roll due to his ability to move his feet, and Mozgovs ability to get vertical and protect the rim had a huge impact in that series as well.

Love doesnt crash the boards on offense the way Thompson does either which really hurt the Bulls, he hides out 20ft from the basket.

Despite these things if the Bulls dont blow a 15 pt leading going into the 4th qtr they have a chance to be up 3-1 in that series and IMO they would have finished Cleveland in one of the next two games.

I think you misunderstand the spacing he provides the Cavs and the fact that he is the go to option when Bron is out. Everyone distroyed the Cavs when Bron went out in the playoffs. Love can get buckets.

Also, I fairly doubt Noah would destroy Love on offense. Love is a good defensive rebounder and Noah won't get put backs over him. Mozgov bothers Gasol and Love isn't going to get abused by Noah.

The Cavs aren't scared of anyone in the East. I'd be surprised if they didn't win 60 games.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Rodney Stuckey interested in signing with the Bulls? (Pg 8, Signs with Pacers) 

Post#157 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:18 pm

Guess 3rd or 4th tier PG's will be taking the MMLE, which is practically E'twuan Moore's level talent
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#158 » by keloms » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:29 pm

MC3 wrote:
ForumMerc wrote:@ShamsCharania: Rodney Stuckey has agreed in principle on three-year, $21 million deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell RealGM. Year 3 opt out.

Thought you didn't believe rumors without names and sources attached? No official comment was ever made regarding Bulls and Stuckey.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#159 » by MC3 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:30 pm

keloms wrote:
MC3 wrote:

Thought you didn't believe rumors without names and sources attached? No official comment was ever made regarding Bulls and Stuckey.

that's why I said bull****
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Re: Rodney Stuckey interested in signing with the Bulls? (Pg 8, Signs with Pacers) 

Post#160 » by Axl Rose » Sun Jul 5, 2015 7:47 pm

worst possible year to try to improve your team with hardly anything to work with...players are getting way overpaid for current standards so it evens out when the cap goes up

the MMLE is practically a veterans minimum...it'll probably take the MMLE to re-sign a guy like Brooks....that sucks
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib

Return to Chicago Bulls