Image ImageImage Image

Sacramento Kings: What a mess! They seem to be trying to keep their pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Re: Sacramento Kings: What a mess! They seem to be trying to keep their pick 

Post#21 » by AAU Teammate » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:Calipari has one of the cushiest gigs in sports. There's really no downside.

A. He can continue to stay at Kentucky and get paid more than most NBA coaches.

B. He can leave Kentucky and go to another college program, get paid more and bring all the five star recruits with him.

C. He can jump to the NBA and land a SVG gig for more money.

Maybe this is very naive but ...do Calipari's recruits probably get money not only from the school....but also through his personal network of basketball moneybags people? Do we have strong guesses on why players go with Cal time and time again
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#22 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Sacramento just needs to start over from the top to the bottom
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
And1: 590

Post#23 » by stepbackjftw » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:23 pm

I'd hang on to it. At worst it is a early second round pick
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#24 » by RememberLu » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:04 pm

didn't we have a supposedly valuable protected Bobcats pick too? Whatever happened to that
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#25 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:16 pm

RememberLu wrote:didn't we have a supposedly valuable protected Bobcats pick too? Whatever happened to that

We used it to trade for McDermott.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#26 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 pm

theanimal23 wrote:I'm in favor of trying to trade the Sacramento pick; the opposite of how I felt with the Charlotte pick. I don't see the Kings becoming good enough to yield us the pick anytime soon.

Sounds great. Problem is that the 28 other GMS know this as well
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#27 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:41 pm

DuckIII wrote:I certainly hope to be wrong, but I've been saying since the Deng trade was announced that we'd never see a first rounder out of Sacto. Nothing that has happened since then should have come as a surprise to anyone.

I said the same thing. It was a horrible trade. This team hasn't been in the playoffs for nearly a decade now. There's a serious chance that we'll never see the pick. It's a dysfunctional franchise with lots of big personalities. Hopefully Divac can steer them in the right direction.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#28 » by maynardo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:50 pm

We're NEVER getting that pick :(
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#29 » by red222 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:45 pm

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#30 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:59 am

I just read Kings hired lawyers to study Karl's contract to see if they can fire him without paying. And people thought Bulls-Thibs was a mess
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,454

Post#31 » by Mk0 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:45 am

Kings are looking at signing Rondo. I don't even know what to make of that..
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#32 » by samwana » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:46 am

Kings have gone from being on the rise with Mike Malone as a head coach and Boogie playing the best ball of his career to a big mess really really quickly. Crazy to see them disintegrate that extreme. And I agree we won't see that lottery pick, not even in 2017.

There were a few draftees taking a big sigh of relieve when they were not called with the 6th pick.

Ranadive is totally crazy and should either sell the Kings or just chill far away and leave the running of the franchise in the hands of guys that know the league a lot better than him.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#33 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:15 pm

Maybe some Kings owners are trying to tank their stock value so they can get other owners to sell and someone can buy more shares of the company at a cheaper price. With the huge TV deal coming there are alot of things going on in the back offices so they can cash in

Cant explain why else its such a mess there
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,640

Post#34 » by DuckIII » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:27 pm

samwana wrote:Kings have gone from being on the rise with Mike Malone as a head coach and Boogie playing the best ball of his career to a big mess really really quickly. Crazy to see them disintegrate that extreme. And I agree we won't see that lottery pick, not even in 2017.

Its not surprising though. There is still time for it to turn around, but this was always the most likely outcome.

I don't want to lay it all at his feet, and there have been a variety of mistakes made by others, but I said from the beginning that you can't pick Cousins as the core building block of a team and build around him. He's a valuable player, but he doesn't have the type of personality to be "the guy."

They had the uber talented young player. That's the toughest part. What they should have been doing the last several years is trade for established and reliable veteran leaders and role players. They went in the opposite direction, and you could see that it was going to be a huge mistake.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#35 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:03 pm

If you have a talent like DMC, you have to be a complete mess of a franchise to not at least become a treadmill team.

I really hope we get this pick.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#36 » by MGB8 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:35 pm

The rumor is that the Lakers offered their 2 picks, Clarkson and Randle for Counsins and 6. If that's the case, the Kings were foolish to say no. They could have likely filled the #2 pick to Philly for the #3 and one of Philly's endless "assets" so that the Sixers would get Russell, maybe even traded down another spot so the Knicks could get Okafor, and still taken Stein if they really love him over the other options (or pairing him with Randle).

Or they could have just taken Russell and looked for a replacement center elsewhere - the Lakers future core of Clarkson, Russell and Randle is very talented.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#37 » by Kings2013 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:03 pm

MGB8 wrote:The rumor is that the Lakers offered their 2 picks, Clarkson and Randle for Counsins and 6. If that's the case, the Kings were foolish to say no. They could have likely filled the #2 pick to Philly for the #3 and one of Philly's endless "assets" so that the Sixers would get Russell, maybe even traded down another spot so the Knicks could get Okafor, and still taken Stein if they really love him over the other options (or pairing him with Randle).

Or they could have just taken Russell and looked for a replacement center elsewhere - the Lakers future core of Clarkson, Russell and Randle is very talented.

Uh no, Cuz and WCS can be a dominant front court pair
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#38 » by Axl Rose » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:18 pm

Cal isn't leaving a place hes making great money and is beloved for that dumpster fire

it would take some big market like NYK, Chicago, LAL paying big bucks to even peak his interest
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#39 » by theanimal23 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:21 pm

I hope for the pick's sake, Rondo signs. Only team I'm hearing so far to even be interested in him. Maybe the Kings will be just good enough to give us the pick.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#40 » by dice » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:26 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
DuckIII wrote:I certainly hope to be wrong, but I've been saying since the Deng trade was announced that we'd never see a first rounder out of Sacto. Nothing that has happened since then should have come as a surprise to anyone.

I said the same thing. It was a horrible trade.

yeah, that offer of exactly nothing from everybody else was soooooo tempting
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls