Image ImageImage Image

Lakers Bulls trade coming? (who is Mike Adamle?)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Re: Lakers Bulls trade coming? (who is Mike Adamle?) 

Post#61 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:02 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
dice wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Our front office is too content with laying all the blame of last years failures on thibs and out to prove they put together a quality contender. They are a failure of a squad moving like we just won the finals. A big market team moving like we in a small market. We sitting around like always watching other teams get better while we sit on our ass. Cleveland just went to the finals and they still moving with urgency. We not going go do anything.

then why are we paying luxury tax for a quasi-contender?

The context of my post had nothing to do with finances, and you and the other front office apologist know that. Although I find it hilarious a team that avg 34-40 million in profit annually spending a few mill in tax being seen as big spender? Lol

But the context of my post was the conservative nature in which we move. The lack of urgency is equivalent to a small market team sitting around waiting for the nba scraps as they have doubt the big fish will come to their franchise , while the big market teams seem to always be in on the big fish. We seem to always strike out. Either we are striking out, or we are quiet waiting to go through the nba bargain bin of players. Or we are overpaying for a older player a few years past they prime. Again all things small market teams normally go through. Inability to hit the home run. Inability to make the trade that makes the league say wow. One of the most active free agency seasons in years and we acting like we got it all together. Well we dont. The league is shutting the door on our chances to win it all as power house teams are being formed, and we sitting here trying to develop niko snell and mcdermott as if they will ever be great enough to be major components to a title team.

We are set to be a 2nd rd team for the next few years and our lack of urgency is what caused it. Only thing we can hope for is other teams get injuries and we can go into the playoffs healthy.....oops that just happened and we still got sent home. Smh.

Our front office has flaws. But so to does your argument. We were "in" on a big fish last summer and it didn't work out. We were "in" on several big fish in 2010 but we struck out as you noted. Still though, this is a different NBA. The Spurs (a small market) just landed a big fish. NOP (another small market) spent big money to retain their big fish. While NY and LA just struck out for all intents and purposes. It's not like we are the only team striking out on the big boys. If you can't snatch the big names that you want from other teams, you at least need to do a good job of retaining the ones that you do have, which the Bulls have done pretty well.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#62 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:06 am

This feels completely made up. Lakers aren't trading Clarkson.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#63 » by Betta Bulleavit » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:10 am

HomoSapien wrote:This feels completely made up. Lakers aren't trading Clarkson.

This doesn't exactly seem legit to me either. However, I'm not sold on the idea that the Lakers wouldn't trade Clarkson if they felt like they were filling a position of bigger need by doing so. They just drafted a PG, which is the same position that Clarkson plays. Do they really have time to develop 2 young PGs? Just saying.
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Post#64 » by bennjuiced34 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:40 am

I think that's the real Mike Adamle, but how does he get the drop on KC, McGraw and other Bulls beat guys? Not buying it. Or maybe he did get some info but it's not from a solid source.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#65 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:58 am

dice wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:
dice wrote:then why are we paying luxury tax for a quasi-contender?

The context of my post had nothing to do with finances, and you and the other front office apologist know that.

no, actually. you referenced a big market. that has everything to do with finances and if you mean something different you need to say that upfront rather than waiting until you've lost the argument

Or maybe "big market" had something to do with being a sports team in the 3rd largest city in the country?!?! Damn even after I made the comment I immediately referenced lack of urgency and movement. But derailment is common for front office apologist. Can never deal with the subject at hand, you must run to a point that you believe favors you. BTW even if the point was the money acting as if the bulls break the bank is silly. I have never been on the side of the bulls being cheap, terrible contracts being handed to ben wallace Tyson Chandler kirk hinrich etc is evidence that is not the case. What is clear is that as it pertains to having the ability to put together a quality contender that can truly compete for a title gar pax have no idea what they are doing. Open your eyes, our title hopes are being ran over and left in the streets dead. The team who was beatable but kicked our butt is still being very aggressive and we sitting around like we just won the title. It's a pitiful look to say the least.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#66 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:13 am

The guy may not break alot of things but the page and who he is definitely seems legit. I see no reason why he can't be right especially if you read and believe Cowley and what he says. This guy could have a legit source I just think people don't believe it because trading isn't something we do often around here.
MF Danger Mouse
Junior
And1: 77

Post#67 » by MF Danger Mouse » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:20 am

Don't get the whole Clarkson thing
Black Lives Matter
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#68 » by dice » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:22 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
dice wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:The context of my post had nothing to do with finances, and you and the other front office apologist know that.

no, actually. you referenced a big market. that has everything to do with finances and if you mean something different you need to say that upfront rather than waiting until you've lost the argument

Or maybe "big market" had something to do with being a sports team in the 3rd largest city in the country?!?!

uh...yeah, that's what a big market is, captain obvious - a big city. the question is whether you were bringing that up to suggest that the bulls should be spending more money than just about anyone else because of it. and you clearly were. there is no other conceivable reason
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#69 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:24 am

I can see Lakers being ok with giving up Jordan Clarkston now since they now have Lou Williams and Russell, but we would need to take on an additional contract to save them cap room while we aren't trying to take on that much money too. It will be difficult to work something out.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#70 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:51 am

The account is questionable at best. Till about 3 days ago, it doesn't look like it had tweeted anything for a year, nor does it have a verified check mark next to the name.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#71 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:58 am

Moore for Clarkston + 1 of Lakers vet minimum players would work.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#72 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:58 am

Nothing about Jordan Clarkson is untouchable except his youth (23). He's not projected to be a future all-star. I don't see why Lakers wouldn't trade him for something the organization and Kobe can be happy about.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#73 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:08 am

I didn't see that Cowley had a mark either.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#74 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:10 am

To get a mark I believe you need a certain number of followers to be verified.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#75 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:14 am

Didn't know that about the check mark thing, but he still doesn't have that many tweets. Like I said, till about 3 days ago, he hadn't tweeted anything for a year.

I'll believe it when I see someone more reputable mention the rumor.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#76 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:14 am

Proven_Winner wrote:To get a mark I believe you need a certain number of followers to be verified.

What kinds of accounts get verified?
Twitter verifies accounts on an ongoing basis to make it easier for users to find who they're looking for. We concentrate on highly sought users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business and other key interest areas. We are constantly updating our requirements for verification. Note, verification does not factor in follower count or Tweet count.

We do not accept requests for verification from the general public. If you fall under one of the above categories and your Twitter account meets our qualifications for verification, we may contact you in the future.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#77 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:31 am

Well then Twitter must not care about this guy or cowley lol. But yea I just saw he went almost a year without tweeting. I guess since he is part of csn we can't totally say he is lying but at the same time it's hard to believe. Just got to take it with a grain Of salt.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#78 » by Red8911 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:23 am

R3AL1TY wrote:Moore for Clarkston + 1 of Lakers vet minimum players would work.

Are u spelling his name wrong intentionally ?
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#79 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:29 am

Red8911 wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:Moore for Clarkston + 1 of Lakers vet minimum players would work.

Are u spelling his name wrong intentionally ?

Oops...Clarkson
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#80 » by John Murdoch » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:34 am

Jeffster81 wrote:
keloms wrote:He's one of the few Lakers untouchables.

No such thing as an "untouchable" on a team like the Lakers.

I wouldnt trade Russel for anyone on ur roster tbh
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to Chicago Bulls