Image ImageImage Image

Bulls only team in league that hasn't traded for a player on roster

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Re: Bulls only team in league that hasn't traded for a player on roster 

Post#441 » by the ultimates » Sun Aug 2, 2015 3:54 am

TheJordanRule wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Chitownbulls wrote:This FO is about the bottom line not winning a championship. Way too many fans sit here and agree with what our FO has done when everybody else is getting better. THE ONLY TEAM NOT TO MAKE A TRADE? Are you serious? That means GarPax dont do anything during the season. Watch some basketball games! Call up some GMs! They fall way too in love with their players.

I disagree & I hate the FO.

Niko could be a top 10 player soon.

Jimmy Butler likely is next season.

Rose might make his way back up to elite status also.

Not sure why we need a trade, we're stacked with talent, it just needs to be blended better.

Snell & McDermott will be much better this season with an opportunity to play freely.

We're going to be great.

Homers UNITE! "Rose might make his way back up to elite status." Rose was the definition of a low end starter, sporting a PER of 15.9. He might pick it up to be a tad above average, if things go our way, or he could just as easily blow out his knees again. Assuming Rose is going to be elite / MVP level when he hasn't shown many flashes of that just seems schizophrenic. "Niko could be a top 10" - Niko wasn't even in the Top 100 last year. " "Not sure why we need a trade, we're stacked with talent, it just needs to be blended better." Err, blending a bunch of scrubs in at SF changes nothing. Our basic lack of NBA caliber starting SF means we have a lack of talent, not an abundance. So go on down that valley, Custer. Assume that all the magical, perfect things will happen, when there's no concrete evidence to believe it will. We did that last year, and look how that turned out-- another year of Jimmy's, and Pau's (and to a much lesser degree, Rose's) prime wasted. Re hit the nail on the head. We are top heavy, and the guys at the top aren't even that good compared to the league's serious championship contending teams. This is a lesson our FO seems hellbent on learning the hard way.

So much wrong with this its not even funny. Rose in a better designed offense not worrying about injury or rehab should see an increase in production and just be flat out better. That alone makes a huge difference he doesn't have to be elite. Niko not a top 100 player then you must be watching the wrong league. What magical things happened last year? Noah wasn't playing on a bad leg? Thibs still giving vets entitlements minutes. Thibs bitching about trying to keep players coming off surgery healthy? That sounds magical to you?
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#442 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 2:57 pm

I don't think Rose can become an MVP-caliber (aka top 5) player in the league again (I hope I'm wrong), but with an easier and more up-tempo offense (and with more of a playmaker mindset) he can get back to All-Star level. Physically speaking he looked solid in the playoffs and produced a lot of All-Star caliber moments. Obviously the issue is getting back to premium NBA conditioning and becoming more efficient on a consistent basis. That will probably be my #1 story once Halloween rolls around. I'm curious to see what Rose will look like in Hoiberg's offense.

I don't think his reemergence to All-Star level will automatically raise the games of guys like Snell and McDermott to be what we need them to, but it's definitely a start.

But to earlier arguments between Rerisen and Musiq, damn a starting lineup with Tobias Harris alongside Butler, Rose and MIrotic would be incredibly exciting to watch, complimented by Gasol's old-man pick-and-pop game.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#443 » by musiqsoulchild » Sun Aug 2, 2015 10:03 pm

push wrote:Could this mean that the team is aiming solely for marketability and profit rather than winning it all?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Marketability, Profit and Winning all go together to some degree.

The "FO doesnt trade" narrative has little to no correlation with winning either.
For love, not money.

Return to Chicago Bulls