Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Training Camp 2015

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,497

Re: Jimmy on Hoibergs offense, advice from Marky Mark and becoming the focus of a scouting report 

Post#301 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:19 pm

Unbeata-BULL7 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Me: I want to ask you something, but it's hard --

JB: Ask it.

Me: Well, I don't want you to think I'm trying to get you to say something bad about Thibs. 'Cause I'm not. But, they're two totally different guys. So what is different about Hoiberg as a coach, and how can that be of benefit to you?

JB: I think Fred is a bigger person, where he's going to come in, he's going to check on you.

:eek2:

Jimmy really let's you know how he feels. Wow.

Yeah I was pretty taken aback by that comment, but I think it's actually just poor grammar. I think Jimmy meant to say that Fred is more of a people person, so he's more willing to spend time cultivating personal relationships outside of just focusing on the Xs and Os.

Hmm. I'm pretty inclined to assume people mean what they say, but it's possible he could've meant "more well rounded."
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Midwest219
Senior
And1: 272

Re: Bulls Training Camp 2015 

Post#302 » by Midwest219 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:27 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
HINrichPolice wrote:I never bought into the Butler/Rose feud... but this...

JB: Most definitely -- expected from them, and from myself. From them looking at me to be a leader. And, I have to be a leader. I think I can lead vocally, and obviously with my actions on the court. I can't tell anybody to do something if I'm not doing it. I can't ask one of these rookies to dive on the floor if I'm not diving on the floor, take a charge if I'm not taking a charge. Leadership is one of the only things that this team has really been lacking. We've had a little here and there, but I think you've got to have that guy to come in and get it done in the leadership role. We've got good enough players. I don't think that's ever been a problem.

Wow.

I didn't believe it at first either. But Butler's had a number of quotes since media day that convinced me there's tension if not beef:

-The "unicorns and rainbows" quote after Rose mentioned free agency
-The quote immediately following Rose's orbital fracture

-And now the DA interview

where are these quotes? i like to know what you're talking about.
FK DELLADIRTY
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#303 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:50 pm

Midwest219 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Wow.

I didn't believe it at first either. But Butler's had a number of quotes since media day that convinced me there's tension if not beef:

I don't have time to find them now, but they played the sound on the Spiegel and Goff show last week.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,088

Post#304 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:57 pm

Midwest219 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Wow.

Butler: Rose can talk 'unicorns and rainbows' as long as he helps Bulls win

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/bulls-jimmy-butler-derrick-rose-free-agency-093015

the reference following rose's injury was 'i didn't see it, i was just waiting for the ball to come back to me'
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#305 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:59 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Midwest219 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/bulls-jimmy-butler-derrick-rose-free-agency-093015

the reference following rose's injury was 'i didn't see it, i was just waiting for the ball to come back to me'

“I don’t care what the guy talks about as long as he’s helping us win games,” said Butler, who signed a $92.3 million deal this offseason. “Whatever he’s focused on let him be focused, but I think his objective is to win a championship. I’m pretty sure he talked about that as well — and how he wants to help this team win. Everything else, he is who he is.

Jimmy also said that. The rest of the quote about "unicorns and rainbows" was Jimmy his usual self and making jokes.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#306 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:01 pm

This is your livelihood. It's funny. Like, when I'm sitting at the house, and I'm not doing anything, it's basketball. Like, I've got to watch film. I've got to dribble. I've got to do something. I can't just sit there and not compete. That's part of who I am

I'm the same way. This dude is inspirational.

Everybody, KEEP WORKING. You only live once, seek greatness.

8-)
Midwest219
Senior

Post#307 » by Midwest219 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:17 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Midwest219 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

i doubt that was taking a shot at rose.

unicorns and rainbow line is funny tho.
if anyone in IRL got offended by those harmless words, would be a very sensitive person. Rose grew up in Chicago no way in hell should he be offended by those words.
FK DELLADIRTY
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#308 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:18 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Midwest219 wrote:

“I don’t care what the guy talks about as long as he’s helping us win games,” said Butler, who signed a $92.3 million deal this offseason. “Whatever he’s focused on let him be focused, but I think his objective is to win a championship. I’m pretty sure he talked about that as well — and how he wants to help this team win. Everything else, he is who he is.

Jimmy also said that. The rest of the quote about "unicorns and rainbows" was Jimmy his usual self and making jokes.

Listen to the sound if you can. Tone matters. There's no doubt to my ears that Jimmy was disassociating himself from Derrick with that remark.
Midwest219
Senior

Post#309 » by Midwest219 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:23 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Red-Bulls83 wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:

Listen to the sound if you can. Tone matters. There's no doubt to my ears that Jimmy was disassociating himself from Derrick with that remark.

aaahhhh damn, let's see them together on court first, i really hope Rose ain't a baby.
FK DELLADIRTY
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,604

Post#310 » by Ice Man » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:55 pm

pylb wrote:Noah's been called one of the locker room leaders since 2013 at least.

I doubt that anybody, Jimmy included, is questioning Noah's leadership ability. Except that he wasn't much good last year and Jimmy is talking about a guy who has the championship attitude and who can deliver the goods on the floor. A leader in his game and in his approach.

He thinks he is that guy. Sounds good to me. If he has the game to match his mindset, which is certainly possible, he can be a genuine force this year. Not just another All Star, but a guy at the next level -- a guy who pulls his team to victory. Hope so.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#311 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Oct 6, 2015 10:08 pm

Me: And that will be verbal?

JB: Verbal. You've got to be vocal out there on the court. Even when you're not on the court, there's things you have to do to bring your team closer, to show your team, this is what we have to do to win -- not only win, but win that championship. This is what it takes. This is what this team did. If you look at the numbers, if you look at former championship teams, each and every one of them had a leader on that team -- a leader, that was going to work, was being very vocal. But at the same time, he was doing what he had to to help his team win. And that's who I have to be this year.

This is his role. He really just has to be that type of leader.

If you pay attention to Rose, and this isn't to put him down, but he always says that he's working on being more vocal. Litterally saying it every year. It's not a knock on him, everybody isn't like that. Can't be what you aren't.

Me: You think McBuckets is ready to step in for Dunleavy?

JB: Yeah, he's ready. All he's got to do is get that confidence up. He came and worked with me this summer. We sat down every night and I was telling him, look man, try and score as many baskets as you want. Shoot as many threes as you want. But you've got to be confident

Did they just give it up? Doug starting over Snell?
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#312 » by MC3 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 10:30 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:Did they just give it up? Doug starting over Snell?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/651523661426352128[/tweet]
Doug will get chance to start next game. Seems Hoiberg is willing to give equal chance both Snell and Doug. The one which is better will start.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#313 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 6, 2015 10:31 pm

That was a great Q&A with Jimmy.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#314 » by Polynice4Pippen » Tue Oct 6, 2015 10:40 pm

Wow, we all were led to believe Noah was the vocal leader. Hmm, guess not. :|
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#315 » by jc23 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 11:02 pm

Bulls got a new lockeroom, bout damn time too, their old one was pathetic imo.

would like to see the inside.
Be curious, Not judgmental
LadyBullsfan
Junior
And1: 41

Post#316 » by LadyBullsfan » Tue Oct 6, 2015 11:20 pm

Jimmy didn't take a shot at Rose in that Aldridge interview. He took a shot at the team as a whole and himself. I'm not sure why people are trying so hard to put Butler and Rose against each other.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#317 » by Indomitable » Wed Oct 7, 2015 12:51 am

LadyBullsfan wrote:Jimmy didn't take a shot at Rose in that Aldridge interview. He took a shot at the team as a whole and himself. I'm not sure why people are trying so hard to put Butler and Rose against each other.

Because people love to project.
:banghead:
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#318 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Oct 7, 2015 6:39 am

People forget just last year these guys said they had multiple leaders. So jimmy isn't just talking about rose he knows he takes blame to along with taj, gasol, and Noah.
art_barbie
Banned User
And1: 157

Post#319 » by art_barbie » Wed Oct 7, 2015 7:43 am

Red Larrivee wrote:I believe in the Mayor.

deserves a quote.

i too believe in the mayor. Thanks be to hesues christo for Fred Hoiberg. But I will add Jimmy, Niko, Doug, Bobby, and the entire front office to his majesty, the Mayor!
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Post#320 » by RebuildaBulls » Wed Oct 7, 2015 12:56 pm

Butler is the best leader for the bulls. Vocal and by-example leader

Return to Chicago Bulls