Image ImageImage Image

McGraw: Butler and Forman Have Clashed

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Apologies if this has been posted.

Butler's future with the team may have more to do with his compatibility with general manager Gar Forman than how well Butler and Derrick Rose mesh as teammates.

Butler's rise to becoming the Bulls' best player was a rough one. He struggled with how to become a team leader, sometimes rubbing teammates the wrong way. He spoke out in December about how coach Fred Hoiberg needs to coach the team harder, although that may have been Butler's way of disguising a message to certain teammates that they need to work harder.

Butler also clashed with Forman, a situation that could conceivably lead to a trade, just a year after Butler won the NBA's Most Improved Player Award and signed a five-year $95-million contract extension.

After growing up without a permanent father figure in his life, Butler found several quality role models on the Bulls. Older teammates Luol Deng and Ronnie Brewer took Butler under their wing. Assistant coach Adrian Griffin became a father figure, while former coach Tom Thibodeau found a way to play to Butler's strengths.

What do those four people have in common? Well, none of them are with the Bulls anymore. Maybe Butler's frustration with those changes explain why he vented to management.

More at the link:
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160416/sports/160418941
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,505

Re: McGraw: Butler and Forman Have Clashed 

Post#2 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:59 pm

M'kay.

So do you guys think Ben Simmons and Niko can play together in the same line-up?
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#3 » by MC3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Forman = snake

too bad that snake started feeding his belly long time ago and now it's fricking anaconda...
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#4 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:M'kay.

So do you guys think Ben Simmons and Niko can play together in the same line-up?

Lol Maybe Ingram, then another year of losing will net them another potential impact player lol
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#5 » by Rerisen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Butler's people skills look like Mother Teresa compared to Gar.
Bomba Navarro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#6 » by Bomba Navarro » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Just fire Gar Forman already. Jerry Reinsdorf must be like the only human being on Earth who doesn't hate the guy's guts.
suckfish wrote:Lucas. You. Inside. Me. Slow. But. Fast.

The turd!
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#7 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 pm

It would have been better if Jimmy said 'The front office needs to work harder"
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#8 » by MrSparkle » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 pm

This is getting funny...
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#9 » by MrSparkle » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Krause 2.0
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Rerisen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Westbrook for Butler, who is signed for at least three more years, and another asset. That trade, in theory, would make sense for the Bulls. Moving Butler for two or three decent players doesn't make sense.

Money quote.

But actually moving him for Westbrook doesn't make sense either. It does talent wise, but not fit wise, unless Rose is also gone and then you just build around Russ. But boy that would be weird.

Trading Rose in for the healthier version.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#11 » by TheStig » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Why am I not surprised that Gar can't get along with Jimmy.........

Oh Gar, if you run off everyone with talent, its just gonna be you, Fred and Dougie. And no one wants to see that.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#12 » by HomoSapien » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 pm

I do wonder if we made a mistake in not considering Adrian Griffin as Thibodeau's replacement. He might have been a good middle ground between Thibs and Hoiberg. The guy's been with this organization for awhile, and has always been well regarded as a leader (he was actually the one that convinced the players to suspend Noah as a rookie). I have no idea if he can coach, but you have to assume that he learned a lot from Thibs.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#13 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 pm

This was posted last night I believe
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#14 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm

I posted in the Cowley thread....I don't know how much of this is really true. According to Cowley, Pax is the decision maker and Gar is just a puppet talking deals, finances with agents, teams etc...

According to him, Gar sniffed around jobs in the NBA and that's why nationally people thought he was rumored to be gone. Pax is tolerating Gar because he doesn't want to do the dirty work and Gar is hanging around because he cannot get another GM job.

Why is that related...I doubt Gar has any power to make a decision on an important asset like Butler. It is Pax's decision, IMO.

I am definitely confused on who is controlling whom with Bulls and who is clashing with whom. Everyone is clashing with everyone :lol:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by HomoSapien » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Rerisen wrote:
Westbrook for Butler, who is signed for at least three more years, and another asset. That trade, in theory, would make sense for the Bulls. Moving Butler for two or three decent players doesn't make sense.

Money quote.

But actually moving him for Westbrook doesn't make sense either. It does talent wise, but not fit wise, unless Rose is also gone and then you just build around Russ. But boy that would be weird.

Trading Rose in for the healthier version.

I love Butler, and think Westbrook is actually a lot closer to what people are accusing Butler of being, but trading for him would be a no-brainer. The guy is just an unreal talent.
Chicago Brawls
Senior
And1: 834

Post#16 » by Chicago Brawls » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:09 pm

...Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization-staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture...

Will you fire GarPax this time too Jerry?

Hypocrite.
Yeah, well you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#17 » by Shill » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:09 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:M'kay.

Nope. I think they're both optimal at the 4.

If Simmons can develop a respectable outside shot, then that gives him versatility at either forward spot.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#18 » by MC3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Chicago Brawls wrote:...Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization-staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture...

Hypocrite.

I think he will. But not this summer. Next one, when we miss another playoffs.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Rerisen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:I am definitely confused on who is controlling whom with Bulls and who is clashing with whom. Everyone is clashing with everyone :lol:

We now to go the commemorative video of the Bulls 2015-16 NBA season.

DarthDiggler69
General Manager

Post#20 » by DarthDiggler69 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:11 pm

MC3 wrote:
Chicago Brawls wrote:...Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization-staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture...

Hypocrite.

I think he will. But not this summer. Next one, when we miss another playoffs.

Not if they rebuild, if Bulls rebuild Gar/Pax will get an extension to see it through

Return to Chicago Bulls